Leafs rebound?

T-Squared

CTG US Golf Open Contest Winner
I'm not a hockey guy by any stretch, but I have a couple open parlays and was thinking Leafs tonight after the way they lost Monday. They were heavy home favorites, led Ottawa 5-2 entering the third, gave up three goals in the third, then lost 6-5 in OT to what appears to be a very inferior Senators team. Any reason home Leafs aren't a good way to go in tonight's rematch to close a parlay? Thanks.

I'm not a hockey guy by any stretch, but I have a couple open parlays and was thinking Leafs tonight after the way they lost Monday. They were heavy home favorites, led Ottawa 5-2 entering the third, gave up three goals in the third, then lost 6-5 in OT to what appears to be a very inferior Senators team. Any reason home Leafs aren't a good way to go in tonight's rematch to close a parlay? Thanks.
will definitely test their maturity. Old Leaf teams let these types of losses really screw with their mentality. That being said, they are all saying the right things and you have veteran guys like Jumbo, Simmonds (even on IR), Spezza etc. to keep things in check. No one is going to remember that loss if they win the next 3 (2with ottawa and 1 with Mont). They are still notorious at playing to their comp though.

This kind of reminds me of the New York Yankees back in the day. When they would get embarrassed by an inferior team, I would take them -1.5 on the run line and they would usually win by 5 or more. Of course that is baseball but I'm thinking the same mentality here. They are talking going to the cup in Toronto this year. This is a game they have to come out and make a statement.

Toronto talks about going to the cup every year. They are decent but let's see what happens if/when they play the likes of Boston or TB. That said they should shit stomp Ott tonight.

Toronto talks about going to the cup every year. They are decent but let's see what happens if/when they play the likes of Boston or TB. That said they should shit stomp Ott tonight.
To be fair, the media in Toronto talks more about the cup every year than the actual team does

This new leafs team, after bad defensive showings, have really come back in their next game defensive minded which hampers Matthews and company from really flowing.

Hit the Leafs to finish off one parlay -- thanks for the input -- and closed out the other with an Indiana State win.

Back