Late Saturday NFL TALK-- LETS TALK

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Lets hit some winners, tomorrow, there must be some easy winners there tomorrow--

Feel free to add anything you know-

This is some Jags/Lions analysis from a guy that write over at mlive.com

OFFENSE
The signing of free-agent quarterback Daunte Culpepper isn't a magic potion for all of the Lions' problems. The team still is 27th in the league in total offense, including 31st in the running game, while the offensive line has allowed the fifth-highest sack total (27).
If center Dominic Raiola can't play because of a broken right thumb -- he insists he'll snap the ball left-handed, if necessary -- the interior of the O-line will be in further shambles.
The Jaguars aren't much better. David Garrard doesn't make a lot of mistakes at quarterback, but he has a running game that's stuck in neutral, a pedestrian group of receivers and a patchwork offensive line, for the most part, due to a rash of injuries.
As much as the underachieving Jaguars have struggled, they still rank as high or higher than the pitiful Lions in all major statistical categories.
Edge: Jacksonville
DEFENSE
It's not as much of a mismatch as it might seem. The Lions still rank last in total defense, surrendering 408.9 yards per game, but the Jaguars rank 23rd.
The most surprising stat is the Lions, led by end Dewayne White, who's tied for the league lead with three forced fumbles, have more sacks (16) than the Jaguars (11).
Now, some sobering numbers: 1. The Lions are tied with Seattle in allowing the most passing plays of 40 or more yards (8); 2. The Jaguars have intercepted seven passes, including returning a pair of them for touchdowns, compared to two for the Lions; 3. The Jaguars are plus-2 in turnover differential, while the Lions rank near the bottom of the league at minus-3.
A big problem for the Jaguars has been the lackluster play of linebacker Mike Peterson, who got kicked out of practice Wednesday. He's sulking because his contract didn't get extended. In spite of that, there isn't a team in the league that still doesn't rate ahead of a Detroit defense that has been 32nd all season long.
SPECIAL TEAMS
If it comes down to a kicking contest, Detroit's Jason Hanson and Jacksonville's Josh Scobee possess two of the stronger legs in the league. The Jaguars earn a slight edge because of rookie return man Brian Witherspoon, who has beep-beep speed. The Lions possess no such threats.
COACHING
Neither coach has much to smile about. Detroit's Rod Marinelli has suffered 15 losses in his past 16 games and is 10-30 overall (.250), while Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio is 48-40 (.545) but finds himself in the middle of an unexpected mess this season.
INTANGIBLES
There are whispers Del Rio, considered untouchable at the beginning of the season, might be fighting to keep his job. The Jaguars were picked to be a Super Bowl contender, but have performed like pretenders this season.
Off their bye week, the Jaguars lost to Cleveland at home and became Cincinnati's first victim last weekend. Del Rio and his team are desperate.
So, if the Lions are going to get their first win, it seems like the best chance through the first nine games of the season is going to be against the Jaguars.
Edge: Detroit
THE PICK
Jaguars 27, Lions 17

I'm leaning Atlanta -1, Buffalo +3.5, Minnesota -2.5, and Philadelphia -3........but I'm a slight bit toasty....and gonna try to re-hash this tomorrow

Philly is the play I like a lot...fwiw..haven't bet NFL since taking GB at home vs Indy and Detroit at Houston

I'm leaning Atlanta -1, Buffalo +3.5, Minnesota -2.5, and Philadelphia -3........but I'm a slight bit toasty....and gonna try to re-hash this tomorrow

A big key is QB play in the NFL----

with these picks it is unfortunate but you are going vs Brees, Rodgers, Eli Manning and Cassells-

I really think Mcnabb will be shut down just as his brother J Campbell was-

Giants basically can stop any QB- especially the ones who are not smart or mobile like Mcnabb-- last year they sakced him 8 times I think--

Plus ELI is the best ROAD QB hands down, no one is even close to as good as this guy is on the road, he has best 4th qtr efficiency on the road-

atl game is a tough one but thikn that Brees is better than RYAN and ATL has beaten a lot of weak teams this year--

Buffalo may cover, who knows with them--

Minny also, but GBAY is not bad and Rodgers is decent, although Minny should run right over GBAY also- and after playing TENNy Gbay may be worn down.

Double digit dogs now 13-2 this year...a surefire ( long term ) way to the poorhouse

Not playin KC or Hawks.....just sayin......

Philly is the play I like a lot...fwiw..haven't bet NFL since taking GB at home vs Indy and Detroit at Houston

BAR Philly is a trap play---

The -3 was automatically assigned to Philly for home field---

This is a nightmare matchup for the Eagles. I am very high on the Eagles by the way but they are very very overrated----

THey will not win this matchup and I will tell you why---

Giants own Mcnabb's ass- they are way too quick at breaking the pocket down and pressuring him- they sacked him 8 times last year--

Giants have 3 runners- ward, jacobs and bradshaw, all eagles have is westbrook--
Giants are better at stopping the run than the eagles are--

Eagles receivers are marginal at best, Mcnabb beats the weaker teams cause he has all day to throw, you blitz his ass, he is way to imobile to beat a team like the Giants-
Throw in Desean jackson who will get lit up by the physical giants also-

ELI is the best in the NFL- he is best on the road and is the most clutch QB- ANd I hate the Mannigns, but I give credit to this guy--

Typical matchup in which the road team has also dominated this series, last year Giants went in there and won--

7-1 team getting +3 vs an Eagles team that IMO is overrated--

Eagles lost to bears- even ATL was within 7 with rookie Matt Ryan

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1><TD>Sun, Sep 7</TD><TD>St. Louis</TD><TD>W 38-3</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>FOX</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 2</TD><TD>Mon, Sep 15</TD><TD>at Dallas</TD><TD>L 37-41</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>ESPN</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 3</TD><TD>Sun, Sep 21</TD><TD>Pittsburgh</TD><TD>W 15-6</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>CBS</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 4</TD><TD>Sun, Sep 28</TD><TD>at Chicago</TD><TD>L 20-24</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>NBC</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 5</TD><TD>Sun, Oct 5</TD><TD>Washington</TD><TD>L 17-23</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>FOX</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 6</TD><TD>Sun, Oct 12</TD><TD>at San Francisco</TD><TD>W 40-26</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>FOX</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 7</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>bye</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2><TD height=18> 8</TD><TD>Sun, Oct 26</TD><TD>Atlanta</TD><TD>W 27-14</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>FOX</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1><TD height=18> 9</TD><TD>Sun, Nov 2</TD><TD>at Seattle</TD><TD>W 26-7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Eagles played some bad teams-- blowout wins vs Seattle, Rams and 49'ers-----

Other than that they beat Atlanta and PIttsburgh and lose to Chicago, Washington and dallas?

Now they play a team that is way way better than Pitts, Chicago or Washington in the NY football Giants---

And the beauty is they lay 3 points--- Doesent get much easier than this Giants win this game outright

Sammy, there are two other sides to the game besides my side's offense vs. my defense.........still special teams and opposite sides on those.....Minnesota with a big revenge situation for them and a steam move, Buffalo with a reverse line movement angle, Atlanta with a stronger rushing game vs. a Reggie Bush-less Saints team with a big rrevenge angle, and last but not least, a division HF with a better turnover ratio with revenge with Philly.........I'm starting to see a very blurry screen...........gonna be back in the morning....Good Luck tomorrow Sammy, I'll talk to ya in the morning!

if sexy rexy is the starter i dont see how the titans aren't a play. i expect the the chitown D to do a good job against the run game, but unless they win the game by themselves i dont see how a rex grossman led offense covers against that titans defense.

Donovan McNabb, though, has not had the same kind of success versus the Giants, losing his last three starts against them, and will be looking for better protection in this season’s series. McNabb has been sacked just three times during Philadelphia’s three-game win streak and is coming off one of his best games, going 28-of-43 for 349 yards with two TDs and one interception in last Sunday’s 26-7 win at Seattle.
“We got things rolling at the right time,” McNabb said. “We started the season off the way that I thought that our team was able to play throughout the year. We kind of hit a wall a little bit, we lost games that we should have won. What you are seeing now is a team that has learned from those mistakes and being able to capitalize on those opportunities in the up and coming weeks.”

Philly rolls week competition, they have lost to dallas, bears and philly, all 3 teams are pretty average IMO--

No average fat imobile QB like Mcnabb beats the Giants D-- the only guy who can beat a D like the Giants is a Manning or a Brady QB, one that is smart and knows where to throw the ball--

Does anyone really think this Giants D is that great? It has a good pass rush and then after that it plays on the fact that their playcalling on D is better than any O in the league--
Hence my point that FAT ANDY is too dumb to come up with a way to beat the Giants--

ANother key factor is that on any 3rd and 1 or 4th and short, the eagles are shit at these and will punt the ball-- Eagles are not great at all--

they look great vs Seneca Wallace, O sullivan and Bulger--

if sexy rexy is the starter i dont see how the titans aren't a play. i expect the the chitown D to do a good job against the run game, but unless they win the game by themselves i dont see how a rex grossman led offense covers against that titans defense.

Was looking at this one, however worried about a Titans letdown and the fact that Rex can do well, he did go to the Superbowl so he can win games--

I think the titans are due to come crashing down and have one of those mail in efforts, although Fisher has them ready, but they can lose on the road soon.

FYI, I don't expect anybody to take the Raiders but Jamarcus Russell is doubtful and Marquies Tuiososopo will most likely be making a start. Hell, this might be an upgrade the way Russell has been playing. Either way, the Panthers are the only play if you play this game.

1PM:
-We have Seattle making another long trip East down to Miami . So 1st H Phins play is attractive.

-Rams get crushed at home and now travel which tends to mean the line will be a tad inflated . Mix in Jackson's absence and a game that should be -6 is close to DDs....I know one of these days Favre will put it together and it could be here but the Jets style is just condusive to allowing teams to hang around .

-Like the Texans here . Balt has played well but Houston has played just as good at home . Only worry is does Houston self destruct like it always does so also looking at Houston 1st H.

-GB and Minny two teams in must win spots . I just cant back Minny and tad concerned it looks to easy here under a FG . Probably should be a full -3 here ..

-Probably lean on CHI as Tenny has played 2 huge home games and now has to travel. Should be a huge spot for CHI with 3 road games on deck.

-Jags and maybe 1st H . Okay so Culpepper was slow to come around in OAK and now he hasnt even been in training camp but is going to walk off the street and start???

-Maybe the Saints are a trap but I have this game at a PKem so looking to play Saints. ATL has 3 wins vs the NFL bottomfeeders who are 3-21 this year , a 2 pt win vs CHI and 3 pt win @ GB when half the defense was out and Rodgers 1st game with the shoulder issue.

-Buffalo defense is banged up missing a CB and safety plus Schobel to rush the passer. NE for me .....

4PM games;

-OAK looked terrible last week but no way do I see the point in laying -10 with Carolina. Would be OAK or pass.....

-Pitt looks banged up so thinking Indy here,

-SD is my play of the day they should roll KC by 3 TDs ++.......and the line is short should be about -16.5

-Looking at Philly ...

:cheers:

FYI, I don't expect anybody to take the Raiders but Jamarcus Russell is doubtful and Marquies Tuiososopo will most likely be making a start. Hell, this might be an upgrade the way Russell has been playing. Either way, the Panthers are the only play if you play this game.

Walter gonna start ...

he never got a fair chance, him starting in the Art Shell/Tom Walsh season was a joke. He deserves a start to see what he can really do but it wont matter against the Panthers.

1PM:
-We have Seattle making another long trip East down to Miami . So 1st H Phins play is attractive.

-Rams get crushed at home and now travel which tends to mean the line will be a tad inflated . Mix in Jackson's absence and a game that should be -6 is close to DDs....I know one of these days Favre will put it together and it could be here but the Jets style is just condusive to allowing teams to hang around .

-Like the Texans here . Balt has played well but Houston has played just as good at home . Only worry is does Houston self destruct like it always does so also looking at Houston 1st H.

-GB and Minny two teams in must win spots . I just cant back Minny and tad concerned it looks to easy here under a FG . Probably should be a full -3 here ..

-Probably lean on CHI as Tenny has played 2 huge home games and now has to travel. Should be a huge spot for CHI with 3 road games on deck.

-Jags and maybe 1st H . Okay so Culpepper was slow to come around in OAK and now he hasnt even been in training camp but is going to walk off the street and start???

-Maybe the Saints are a trap but I have this game at a PKem so looking to play Saints. ATL has 3 wins vs the NFL bottomfeeders who are 3-21 this year , a 2 pt win vs CHI and 3 pt win @ GB when half the defense was out and Rodgers 1st game with the shoulder issue.

-Buffalo defense is banged up missing a CB and safety plus Schobel to rush the passer. NE for me .....

4PM games;

-OAK looked terrible last week but no way do I see the point in laying -10 with Carolina. Would be OAK or pass.....

-Pitt looks banged up so thinking Indy here,

-SD is my play of the day they should roll KC by 3 TDs ++.......and the line is short should be about -16.5

-Looking at Philly ...

- Agree 100% on Seattle. My Hawks just can't play well on the East Coast, and our offense is in shambles due to injuries (has been all year). Miami should roll with ease.

- Not touching the Rams/Jets game, even though I lean NYJ. Just too tough to back St Louis with Jackson out, and Bulger being so inconsistent.

- I like Baltimore, despite the fact they're a public play, and haven't been sharp on the road. Better defense, better running game, and Rosenfels first start...I'll take my chances at pick'em.

- Minny is so Jekyl and Hyde, it's ridiculous. Having said that, their secondary is AWFUL. Even though Rodgers is probable, he should be able to pass with success all game long. Green Bay ML for me.

- This could be Detroit's first win of the season, despite the fact Pep walked right from the street into the starting lineup. Jacksonville is riddled with injuries, can't stop anyone defensively, and hasn't been competitive for a while. Just think the home team, getting seven points, will be much hungrier for their first win. If the defense plays inspired, they'll notch it.

- Saints haven't won a road game so far this season, and I don't see it happening this week. I don't care that Atlanta doesn't have many wins over quality opponents this season...you play the teams on your schedule. Brees will have plenty of success, but so will Ryan. Atlanta hasn't beaten New Orleans in two years, so they should be very fired up for this game. Combine that with the fact they have the better defense, and a balanced offense, and I'll take the home team at basically a pick'em spread.

- Lean New England as well. Bills are now on the decline, and Cassel seems to have finally settled down in the offense.

- Oakland is god-awful. No way am I betting on Carolina, but you'd have to be crazy to bet on the Raiders.

- PITT might be banged up, but so is Indy. No play for me.

- Really, really starting to like San Diego here. Agree 100% with SN...if the Chargers don't win by 20+, I'll be stunned.

- Until the Giants lose again, I'm tempted to ride the defending Superbowl Champs...they just find a way to win, week in and week out.

Back