Late pick suggestions?

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Well I'm a newbie and Fondy has helped me out with the picks a lot. But I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions come in the later round. Perhaps a sleeper pick they may suggestion from the 10 to the 16th round.

in football i always stockpile running backs with my late picks

make sure you have your bye weeks orgainzed also...you dont want your two top WR's with the same bye week

Once my roster is filled, i try to pick up back up rbs, for example: Lindale White, obviously Chris Brown is the starter, but he is injury prone. Nobody is talking much about Priest Holmes, here is a classic example. If you have a 15th or 16th round pick and you are happy with your team, do like the real draft, take a chance on a pick. What is Larry Johnson gets injured in week 1 ?? you have the steal of the draft with 15 or 16th round pick.

GL, also look at some back up QBS for starters with great passing attacks, one example if available) would be Jay Cutler.

Report this morning are saying New Orleans just traded Michael Bennett to KC, i dont understand this move, why would you need 3 starting rb's ??

They may be going to release or trade Homes, i believe i would pick him up now before he lands in starting job somewhere like Jax for example, i here Drop Dead Fred Taylor is hurt again..

CATSFAN said:
Report this morning are saying New Orleans just traded Michael Bennett to KC, i dont understand this move, why would you need 3 starting rb's ??

They may be going to release or trade Homes, i believe i would pick him up now before he lands in starting job somewhere like Jax for example, i here Drop Dead Fred Taylor is hurt again..

Holmes is out for the year?

Chiefs Acquire RB Bennett From Minnesota

August 2, 2006 8:44 a.m. EST

Matthew Smith - All Headline News Staff Writer
Kansas City, MO (AHN) - With Priest Holmes' future in serious doubt, the Kansas City Chiefs found another running back to support Larry Johnson, trading for New Orleans Saints third-stringer Michael Bennett on Tuesday. The Saints are believed to have received a future draft pick in return.

The deal is contingent on Bennett passing a Chiefs-monitored physical. However, since Bennett has been working in Saints camp, there shouldn't be much of an issue.
Bennett, a former first-round choice and one-time Pro Bowler, is primarily expected to backup Johnson. Holmes' career is in limbo as he tries to make a comeback from serious head and neck injuries. In New Orleans, Bennett was a third running back behind Deuce McCallister and Reggie Bush.

Several teams expressed interest in Bennett over the last few weeks, including the St. Louis Rams, who will miss their own backup, Marshall Faulk, for the entire season due to injury. The Saints preferred to trade Bennett to an AFC team instead.

The 27-year-old Bennett was signed by the Saints to a two-year contract worth $3 million. In five seasons with the Minnesota Vikings, he has 713 carries for 3,174 yards and 12 touchdowns. Bennett has started in 49 of 64 NFL games.

Thanks Fondy,

I was not aware of holmes injury, damn i am behind in the times. My draft is August 19th, i need to do some research.:nervous:

CATSFAN said:
Thanks Fondy,

I was not aware of holmes injury, damn i am behind in the times. My draft is August 19th, i need to do some research.:nervous:

Just have T_Mike help you... he spent all day monday doing draft stuff :)

I need help, the last 2 years i have been bounced from the playoffs in the 1st round.

We are salary capped league 12 team/ $100 cap. The last 2 years i have tried having a team of 12 good players and no great ones for depth and bye weeks, i am thinking of changing strategies and going out and spending half of my money on 2 players (Peyton Manning and LT) and then trying to buy 10 players and a defense with the other half.

Anyone with experience with a salary cap league, please advise..:nervous:

Cats - I think it might be best to let two of the other three go before you bid up the last one... get the guys out of the way who want the high priced rb and choose btw alexander, lt, or lj... to me they're all the same and I think you can get value on one of them, just not sure what one

also i think manning is the top of the group - and heads and shoulders above anyone else, but what effect will there be with no edge?

dont overspend on payton...you can probably get a middle of the road guy (stats wise) like brees or delhomme

culpepper will have a very good year in miami IMO

MATTINGLY,

I tried not to spend too much the last 2 years, only to have guys like, Fred Taylor, Aaron Brooks, Drew Brees, Michael Pittman Etc Etc on my roster. I was in games, but never had real high scoring games. Last year i did have Brees, C. Johnson and Rod Smith go off in the same game.

By the way, i see you are from E-ville, have you been to Ellis Park this year?? Gotta get up there. Usually i go to Aztar on Sat, eat at the Rocca Bar, and then Sunday hit Ellis Park on the way home.

Dont go Manning in a salary cap league.
Bledsoe or Brady or some guys like that will have very similar stats this year. Also, dont put LT too far ahead just yet. His numbers will still be good but you should spend your money on ELITE WRS this year.
Trust me the RB theory guys are gonna have a bone broke of in them this year. The RBBC is here to stay and will forever adjust the strategy associated with fantasy football. Thats all Im willing to say right now.

Every year Im the guy getting laughed at during the draft. Then the same fuckers want to talk strategy when the season ends and Im counting their cash. These old school fantasy experts have been sucking it up the past few years and they still live by the 3 RBS in the first 4 - 5 picks strategy.

Its all about value plain and simple. If you go into a draft with your eyes set on 3 players you will likely get them and your team as a whole will suffer. I never know who I will pick until Im on the clock. I may have a list of guys in my mind but every team around me determines my draft.

I keep a sheet with each team and who they pick. This allows me to predict what position team A and team B are going to go after on their next two picks before I make my pick. If I am dying for a TE but they both have a starting TE no way do I pick until it comes back to me and 95% of the time my TE is still sitting there even though he may be the #1 overall value on the board.

IS IT FOOTBALL SEASON YET........IM READY TO VEG OUT!

Mattingly said:
dont overspend on payton...you can probably get a middle of the road guy (stats wise) like brees or delhomme

culpepper will have a very good year in miami IMO

Agree on Peyton yes he is the best QB but morons force you to overspend or waste a 1st round pick on around 5 extra points a game.
A stud RB over a 2nd round RB is usually close to 10 points a game with standard scoring.

Culpepper may have a great year winning wise etc and making the playoffs. But NICK is going to be just like Belichek win it comes to fantasy. The Dolphins scored alot last year cause they had to.
Over time you will see a defensive juggernaut with a possession style offense. This may be the last year you really get much offensive fantasy production out of the Dolphins.

Chambers Top 10 WR possibly
Brown Top 8 RB probably
Culpepper Top 10 QB big maybe
McMichael Top 10 TE possibly

Nick will hurt you feelings as a fantasy manager.
He is all about winning and taking the fewest risks to obtain that win.

Thanks P&G.

I know one thing, Iam ready for some college football SEC style. The Cats will be competitive this year, will win 5, with a little luck 6 games this year, but will play some people tough...

Back