• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Late night therapy sunday nfl discussion wounded welcome

okay talk--

today the road teams did not have great defense-- their defenses were weak, atlanta was not great at alll--

colts could not stop sproles at all today--

so tomorrow you have 2 better road teams on defense at least--

eagels and ravens are some of the best defenses going-

pennington and tavaris are also not great---

mcnabb is shit also-- flacco is young but he is good on the road---

i am pretty sure one road team wins easy tomorrow--

I'll give Vikings' bettors something to like tomorrow.

Look at the Eagles' season this year, and even last. Look at how ex-Eagle coaches do against that team. They do very well. Now, the Vikings are a bit different, it's not really the defensive guys like Spags or Harbaugh, but still, they tend to keep it low scoring.

That said, from a Birds' fan perspective, this is the only team I really wanted them to face other than Arizona. Yeah, they'll have their hands full with AP, but the Birds' secondary vs Jackson and Donovan vs. their secondary is something I'll take all day.

over Miami , Under Minnesota , Vikings and flip a coin and I their is your Balt-Miami winner ...I go from liking Balt to Miami to Balt to Miami to ...

i think it is pretty safe that ravens and eagels win tomorrow--

ravens are best defensive team vs a weak miami team taht played no one good-

eagles mcnabb vs tavaris is a mismatch

So the Colts lost because of the refs ? The BS TD they scored in the 2nd H wasnt a factor , the Sproles fumble at the 1 yd , the Rivers INT in the end zone from the IND 33 ..take away the Wayne 72 yder and Indy ran 49 plays for 202 yd in the final 3 quarters ....SD gave them so many opps to win so the refs gave SD a 50/50 call on pass interfence..one play ..Indy got countless breaks none bigger then a fumble at the doorstep ..come up a yard short with no time left and have to kick a FG ....Indy should be shot for getting so breaks and never putting the game away...

The pass protection was terrible and SD facing a defense that played like theirs today with 2 small RBs is not a good matchup ....

Indy won 3 or 4 games on the road this year where they got every break in the 4th Quarter . Today tthey didnt . Funny how that works out ...even the last SD game Indy was outplayed ...wouldnt read much into SDs win ...think Zona's was more significant ..

sportsnut----

dont you see the ravens smoking the phins, they beat one playoff team and lost to everyone else--

ravens are the most solid team in football-- icant see miami beatingthem--

vikes suck,

can anyone please convince me how the hell miami with pennington andcompany and tavaris are going to beat the eagles and ravens-- how can that happen

vikes suck,

can anyone please convince me how the hell miami with pennington andcompany and tavaris are going to beat the eagles and ravens-- how can that happen

It will happen ! DO YOU THINK SD can beat IND !

:36_11_6:

The UN-THINKable happen.... It's a Freaking NFL -

I'm still Hangover from SD / IND game

Smoking Miami ? Not really . Miami played better then they did the 1st meeting but Penningtons pick six and the Ravens holding Miami to FGs inside the 10yd line twice where the difference ...Ravens defense is overrated in some manners and banged up. You guys are drooling over them and who did they shutdown ? Shutdown means next to nothing ...and most of the road games all the teams moved the ball on them until playcalling gets dicatatd by the scoreboard ..they are a very solid unit but a team on top of their game can move the ball..Pitt and Dal were not what they appear to be ..Can Pennington keep it up? One difference is JET DBs had chances and didnt make plays Balt if presented those chances will..you can throw on Balt

I think Balt wins more because the Phins played a Super Bowl type game last week and come in off 2 hard fought road wins . The tank will be empty in the 2nd H compared to Baly who coasted last week after a Sunday game..

Line is inflated to attract Miami money at least thats what I think now...

nut i agree ravens are better--- phins did not beat many playoff teams either--

ravens are real good at running and stopping pass-- they do everyting better than the phins do basically---

phins would have a better shot at a team like indy--

i cannot see phins beating them--

ravens are solid as hell--- pennington cannot be relied on to win.

I'll give Vikings' bettors something to like tomorrow.

Look at the Eagles' season this year, and even last. Look at how ex-Eagle coaches do against that team. They do very well. Now, the Vikings are a bit different, it's not really the defensive guys like Spags or Harbaugh, but still, they tend to keep it low scoring.

That said, from a Birds' fan perspective, this is the only team I really wanted them to face other than Arizona. Yeah, they'll have their hands full with AP, but the Birds' secondary vs Jackson and Donovan vs. their secondary is something I'll take all day.

I agree Joe.

With you on the Eagles bud!

:shake:

vikes suck,

oh c'mon sammy, are you serious? do you follow the nfl? this league is one tricky mofo...the most unlikely scenario almost always happens. if you feel strongly on a side, it's almost best to go against it. nfl plays follow no clear cut logic...

with that i'm on fins +3.5 huge. i just feel the same-season revenge factor and the fact that the fins are home and are 11-5 will push them to pull off the upset.:cheers:

I'm in kind of a weird place with the first game tomorrow. I really should lay off, but I'm not going to.

Everything logical lines up for Baltimore. In fact, based on the way they played Pittsburgh, you could make the case they shouldn't even be playing this week, that they should have a bye. I also agree with SN that books are looking for Miami money.

And then there's Cam Cameron. He quite obviously proved he knows how to beat his old team earlier this year.

But when everything, and I mean everything lines up on one side, damn it all if it doesn't go the other way.

First playoff game in Miami in a long, long time. I think the Fish come out fired up. I'm going to split the ML and the spread and hope they get it to halftime in a position where I can do something the other way. Baltimore is not an offensive machine, to have them laying 3.5 to anybody on the road is too much. Particularly when Miami's been playing playoff football for two weeks now.

Funny thing is, the more I think about this game, the more I'm starting to like the over more than anything else.

i think it is pretty safe that ravens and eagels win tomorrow--

ravens are best defensive team vs a weak miami team taht played no one good-

eagles mcnabb vs tavaris is a mismatch

C'mon Sammy.....that is a joke. McNabb v. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a mismatch as well, right?

fuckin headache ravens.dolphins or over. Seems like the ravens D arent getting much respect. Yes they were vulernable only on deep threats but have fully recovered. this defense is as good as any defense in history

maybe ill call up don winters see what his crew got booked tomorrow

Chargers will beat the Titans cuz Norv knows how 2 beat Collins. If SD can stop the rungame they will win.

The Titans will bitchslap San Diego if they get them. I'm praying Miami finds a way tomorrow so the Titans get to smack SD all over LP. SD will be overhyped just like Indy. I warned all of you about Indy and the media will be pumping up SD to beat the Titans should that be the matchup. They'll be full of shit. This is a much much better Titans team than the limited group of 07 that made SD earn everything and it's a weaker Charger team. I'm fairly certain the Titans win by 7+.

The Titans will bitchslap San Diego if they get them. I'm praying Miami finds a way tomorrow so the Titans get to smack SD all over LP. SD will be overhyped just like Indy. I warned all of you about Indy and the media will be pumping up SD to beat the Titans should that be the matchup. They'll be full of shit. This is a much much better Titans team than the limited group of 07 that made SD earn everything and it's a weaker Charger team. I'm fairly certain the Titans win by 7+.

:shake:

Good stuff MCG. Agree definitely, and will be looking to be on tenny next week.

got some stuff in my thread on this one but Balty has the record they have largely because they are a takeaway machine---34 tops in the league... Problem is this-- Miami never turns the ball over--only 13 times which is tops in the league..

Pennington threw a very untimely pick 6 in game 1 which was the difference IMO... Do the Ravens continue to have the turnover gods on their side, on the road? Good question but given equal turnover margin I like the home team..

Also, game 1 was bigtime revenge spot for Ravens.. phins won only one game in 2007--- to the Ravens and it was embarassing..

jo jo is right. if you think it cant happen, it prob will. when the lines first came out i told my bro that at least 3 out of 4 home teams will win. i actually thought that indi would win and ari, min, and mia would either win or at least cover. is it possible that all 4 home dogs cover? or will one of the away favs pull it out today?
good luck, stevsa

SD gets bitch slapped whoever they play next week. West coast team coming east with all the injuries they have. That's just looking at nothing. NO CHANCE of winning. Will wait to see the line before making a bet.

got some stuff in my thread on this one but Balty has the record they have largely because they are a takeaway machine---34 tops in the league... Problem is this-- Miami never turns the ball over--only 13 times which is tops in the league..

Pennington threw a very untimely pick 6 in game 1 which was the difference IMO... Do the Ravens continue to have the turnover gods on their side, on the road? Good question but given equal turnover margin I like the home team..

Also, game 1 was bigtime revenge spot for Ravens.. phins won only one game in 2007--- to the Ravens and it was embarassing..

Well, the first half aswered the TO question.

Back