Last Minute Super Bowl Bets Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Last Minute Super Bowl LVI Bets to Win Big on Sunday

Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. ET (NBC) at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California

Position of MVP Award - QB vs Any Other Position

To find this bet on FanDuel, click on "Super Bowl" and go to the "Super Bowl" tab.

The bet is whether the MVP of the Super Bowl will be a quarterback or someone who plays any other position.

The "QB" option is heavily juiced because MVPs tend to be quarterbacks.

But there have been some non-quarterback MVP Award winners in recent years.

For example, Julian Edelman was MVP in Super Bowl LIII as was Von Miller in Super Bowl 50.

I think that there are so many other legitimate candidates for the award besides Matt Stafford and Joe Burrow.

For starters, each team boasts an elite wide receiver. The NFL's leader in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns, Cooper Kupp is a worthy candidate to be that rare wide receiver MVP.

His tendency to score -- he's accrued at least one receiving touchdown in five straight games -- and the disproportionate attention that he gets from Stafford ensures that he regularly kills it on the stat sheet.

He'll likely be covered, for the most part, by Chidobe Awuzie.

Kupp does most of his damage from the slot where Awuzie has allowed 24 receptions on 30 targets.

Besides, Kupp is great after the catch because he's quick and ably follows behind his blockers.

Stafford will take advantage by hitting him when he stays put after lining up in stacked formations.

It's really hard to defend Kupp when he lines up this way as it is in the slot and in general.

Bengal wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase is also great after the catch. He ranks fifth in yards after catch.

Joe Burrow will have to get rid of the ball quickly because of the rapidity with which Ram pass rushers are able to get past his notoriously weak offensive line and attack him.

Chase, with his clean technique, is great at running short routes where he can then use his explosiveness to amass great gains after the catch.

Burrow's reliance on his top receiver -- especially in the end zone -- his reliance on the short-passing game, and Chase's explosiveness after the catch will entail that Chase has a relatively high proportion of Burrow's yards.

Like Kupp is for Stafford, Chase is clearly the top pass-catcher for Burrow. Either guy could be the MVP.

There's the chance that Burrow isn't able to get rid of the ball quickly on multiple occasions and three-time Defensive Player of the Year Aaron Donald would likely be the first to take advantage.

Donald is a unique talent, one who could be MVP as his current teammate Von Miller was in Super Bowl 50.

Best Bet: Any Other Position at +225 with FanDuel

Ja'Marr Chase and Cooper Kupp to Combine for 200+ Receiving Yards

This is a "Super Bowl Special" on FanDuel.

I basically gave my reasoning above as to why I like both receivers.

Chase was limited a bit by the Chiefs because, like they did against Buffalo, they focused on limiting a single wide receiver.

But the Rams are going to trust cornerback Jalen Ramsey.

Cornerbacks haven't been successful against Chase in these playoffs. He accrued over 100 yards against Raider Desmond Trufant and then against Tennessee's Kristian Fulton despite their strong stats in pass coverage.

With his ability after the catch, he should reach 100 receiving yards, which is a total that Kupp will fly by as Stafford's highly-ranked pass protection gives him ample time to find his favorite pass-catcher.

Best Bet: Ja'Marr Chase and Cooper Kupp to Combine for 200+ Receiving Yards at +100 with FanDuel

I though the Akers "over" carries looked interesting because the Bengals seem to like to drop back 7 or 8 in coverage, so surely Rams will want to keep them honest. Plus I think they'll do a lot of leading. I just worry about Michel's own carry total.

I though the Akers "over" carries looked interesting because the Bengals seem to like to drop back 7 or 8 in coverage, so surely Rams will want to keep them honest. Plus I think they'll do a lot of leading. I just worry about Michel's own carry total.
I think Akers was getting a lot of carries at first so that he‘d get re-acclimated after sitting so long. Rams like to go by committee and Michel has been so productive so I lean to thinking we see a repeat of last week and Michel over 5.5 carries hits

I think Akers was getting a lot of carries at first so that he‘d get re-acclimated after sitting so long. Rams like to go by committee and Michel has been so productive so I lean to thinking we see a repeat of last week and Michel over 5.5 carries hits

only reason im worried bout committee is the akers fumbles, pretty sure they rather go with akers full time. mcvey was never a rb committee guy when they had Gurley or akers when healthy. i really want to play akers over 63.5 rush yards but i am worried bout the split in carries.

I do think rams are gonna have a lot of success rushing the ball, they been playing some really stingy runs d’s in these playoffs. Cincy sold out with 8-9 guys around Los against titans to stop Henry but that ain’t normal and they certainly can’t do that in this one or they will get roasted by Stafford and co. I remember back to the massive freaking holes Jacobs had to run thru in the wild card game and can’t help but think Akers gonna have more room than he has had since being back!

kinda feel like Sony number screams they gonna go back to akers full time. sony only had 16 yards on 10 carries against niners! i know niners d tough but akers at least went for 3.7 a carry. You can see a clear difference when those 2 get a handoff, akers looks like he shot out of a cannon while sony doesnt, lol..

Back