Largest Spread Ever...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
With Saturday's big tilt between the Nets and Warriors going down I got curious about this...

The current line is 22/22.5. When the earliest offshore opener came yesterday afternoon that was -19.

You have to go back to 1993 to find the largest spread ever..The Phoenix Suns(this was Barkley's first year and they went to Finals) were -24 vs the Dallas Mavericks. They did not cover, as they won 116-98. That was an exceptionally bad Dallas team as they also caught +23 a few times. In their last 72 games, they caught +16 to +23 twenty-seven times!

Conversely, the Nets have been +16 or more just 3 times this year.

Anyway's, I think we could see a 24.5 by game-time tomorrow to set the record. What is your prediction?

My models have the range on this one from 22-24.5 but I don't know if it goes higher than 23. You won't catch me betting that fav though

Yeah. Brooklyn on a back to back, GS rested with everybody available. I think it can get to 24. But I won't take the dubs. Even if they're up 25-30, and Kerr inserts the 9th-13th players into the game, do you think they can hold it? I'm not willing to put my money on it. To end the game against the Clips the dubs had Clark, Weber, McCaw, McAdoo, and McGee on the floor to end it.

Dubs 0-2 ATS as 20 or more point chalk under Kerr.

Beat the Wolves 110-101 (Dubs -20, 2015).

Beat the Sixers 117-105 (Dubs -21.5, 2016).

Both teams above came into Oracle on zero days rest as well.

Great spot to back the dog here imo.

Dubs go on a 5 game eastern trip that starts on Monday. This game sandwiched between the Clips game they crushed in (despite the spread) and the trip leads me to believe the Warriors stay in first gear all night. Mentally knowing the worst team in the league you've already handled once this year is also on a b2b makes GS get up even less imo.

Nets are brutally terrible but the effort is there, just see a gigantic effort differential tonight which allows Brooklyn to hang around.

Opening this at 19 tells you all you need to know, rare for the books to expose themselves to Warriors money so shamelessly.

Great spot to back the dog here imo.

Dubs go on a 5 game eastern trip that starts on Monday. This game sandwiched between the Clips game they crushed in (despite the spread) and the trip leads me to believe the Warriors stay in first gear all night. Mentally knowing the worst team in the league you've already handled once this year is also on a b2b makes GS get up even less imo.

Nets are brutally terrible but the effort is there, just see a gigantic effort differential tonight which allows Brooklyn to hang around.

Opening this at 19 tells you all you need to know, rare for the books to expose themselves to Warriors money so shamelessly.

Not sure man. This line is going to attract it's fair share of dog money and the Dubs aren't a trusted ATS machine.

As for openers, trust CRIS, Pinny and the Greek. CRIS and Pinny opened at 22, the Greek at 22.5

Thought this thread was about wrestling coaches and other people's wives.

What is ML plus 4000?

The more I think about this one, all the value is on the dog.

-Warriors not a reliable ATS juggernaut
-Kerr has shown a tendency to play scrubs with a big lead
-Last game before an difficult road schedule. Kerr has commented about the rough schedule they have coming up and may utilize the bench more
-Warriors have no motivation to smash a team they can beat easily. I'm sure they would be fine with a 17-20 point margin
-Sure the Nets on a B2B from altitude but its not like last night was hard fought. It was over by the end of the third and no one on the Nets had a extra high minute load
-The effect of a B2B is minimized by the fact its the first two games coming off the break and its they're travelling west and gain an hour.

I don't think I'll be betting the Nets but I can't see how anyone makes an objective case to bet the Warriors at this number

Not sure man. This line is going to attract it's fair share of dog money and the Dubs aren't a trusted ATS machine.

As for openers, trust CRIS, Pinny and the Greek. CRIS and Pinny opened at 22, the Greek at 22.5

Those are correct openers there... The early book Bol had the 19

Those are correct openers there... The early book Bol had the 19

[TABLE="class: layout"]
<tbody style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD]BetOnline
[TABLE="class: tableStatic, width: 850"]
<thead style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Time[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Game[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Visitor Line[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Home Line[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Visitor %[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Home %[/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 3:39:37 PM
[/TD]
[TD] Brooklyn Nets @ Golden State Warriors
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 21.0-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -21.0-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 40% [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 60% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 2:25:43 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 20.5-105 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -20.5-115 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 45% [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 55% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 1:59:15 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 20.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -20.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 45% [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 55% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 12:14:35 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 22.0-105 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -22.0-115 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 42% [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 58% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 12:02:45 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 22.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -22.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 43% [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 57% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 10:51:46 AM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 22.5-105 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -22.5-115 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/25/2017 10:51:28 AM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 22.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -22.5-110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/24/2017 4:44:07 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 22.0-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -22.0-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 100% [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 0% [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/24/2017 2:55:16 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 21.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -21.5-110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/24/2017 1:07:41 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 19.5-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -19.5-110 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2/24/2017 12:50:24 PM
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 19.0-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -19.0-110 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] 0%

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

You have to go back to 1993 to find the largest spread ever..The Phoenix Suns(this was Barkley's first year and they went to Finals) were -24 vs the Dallas Mavericks. They did not cover, as they won 116-98. That was an exceptionally bad Dallas team as they also caught +23 a few times. In their last 72 games, they caught +16 to +23 twenty-seven times!

I'll contend that the 20 games they played that season w/out Derek Harper (injury) and Jimmy Jackson (holdout) there has never been a less talented team in NBA history. The first game that Harper missed was on the road @ Sacramento and the starting lineup was Mike Iuzzolino, Walter Bond, Terry Davis, Doug Smith, and Donald Hodge. Mavs lost by 58 to what would be a 25 win Kings squad. 2 games later lost on the road to a 19 win Twolves team by 32.

If Jackson had held out the whole season they would have won 7 games tops.

I'll contend that the 20 games they played that season w/out Derek Harper (injury) and Jimmy Jackson (holdout) there has never been a less talented team in NBA history. The first game that Harper missed was on the road @ Sacramento and the starting lineup was Mike Iuzzolino, Walter Bond, Terry Davis, Doug Smith, and Donald Hodge. Mavs lost by 58 to what would be a 25 win Kings squad. 2 games later lost on the road to a 19 win Twolves team by 32.

the pride of Saint Francis,PA!
lol a friend of mine went to school there for his fresh yr when izzolino was tearing it up.

I forgot about the holdout. I was actually looking at that roster last night laughing. I remember that team well for ineptitude. They did not even win a road game till the 3rd week of March!

11 wins(and they won the last 2 of season to get off the 9-73 Sixers all-time mark), average margin that year was around -15

By the way, you know your bad when you have Walter Bond. Marlo used to play rec games with him 10 years ago.

Lol yes the sixers went small ball in that game...

Wow McHale n Lewis got no love at all in those rankings

sonics way over ranked...

Back