Lane Kiffin

really, no way this is real . He was an awful play caller for USC when he was the head coach

Can't see these 2 letting their small ego's get in the way of what should be a wonderful working relationship.

It wouldn't surprise me, and Lane seems to be the clubhouse leader at this point, but I would also look out for Mike Groh coming back, or Billy Napier being promoted from within. Personally, I'd love to see us grab someone like Chad Morris, but no big time OC is coming to Alabama, because Saban won't give them complete freedom to run their offense. The OC may get to call plays, but it will be within the framework of what Nick wants.

He was rumored to be Floridas OC about 3 weeks ago and our fucking message board was ready to kill Muschamp if that came true.

He will then likely be the head coach in 5 years there. Amazing resume that he has if you think about it, especially under the age of 40.

He will then likely be the head coach in 5 years there. Amazing resume that he has if you think about it, especially under the age of 40.

yeah but hes failed everywhere hes gone, and not just on the scoreboard, players and people in general seem to hate him

really, no way this is real . He was an awful play caller for USC when he was the head coach

How about when he was the OC at SC? Nobody seemed to complain too much when they were hanging 50 on everyone with his offense under Carroll.

How about when he was the OC at SC? Nobody seemed to complain too much when they were hanging 50 on everyone with his offense under Carroll.

I didn't watch many of their games, but in 2011, they had a 10-2 record and had a 3000 yard passer, 1000 yard RB, and 2 1000 yard WR. All with 70 or so scholarship players. Don't know how I'd feel about it if he's hired. My gut says let him go somewhere else, Saban could hire someone just as good with less baggage.

Hire someone just as good? um ok.

The problem at SC was he didn't have a real qb. THe problem at UT was he didn't have a qb. You obviously can't be a good chef, if you dont have the groceries. That wont be a problem at Bama.

It wouldn't surprise me, and Lane seems to be the clubhouse leader at this point, but I would also look out for Mike Groh coming back, or Billy Napier being promoted from within. Personally, I'd love to see us grab someone like Chad Morris, but no big time OC is coming to Alabama, because Saban won't give them complete freedom to run their offense. The OC may get to call plays, but it will be within the framework of what Nick wants.

I'd like to see Saban hire Mike Groh. There is no shot Chad Morris will be an OC at Alabama, His next stop will be a head coaching gig.

To say he didn't have good quarterbacks at USC is not being honest.. These were highly touted recruits, lane was poor at developing them

Not sure how I feel about this.. Perhaps I've been programmed not to disagree with Saban but if he wants a guy, I'm pretty willing to concede he knows better than I do. Certainly wouldn't hurt recruiting, I don't think..

Not sure how I feel about this.. Perhaps I've been programmed not to disagree with Saban but if he wants a guy, I'm pretty willing to concede he knows better than I do. Certainly wouldn't hurt recruiting, I don't think..

Shouldn't hurt recruiting for sure...

In Kiffin’s three years as recruiting coordinator at USC, the Trojans had the No. 1 ranked recruiting class in college football every year.

Im confused. Was UT good before Lane? Were they good after him? He had 7 wins there in his first year, they havent done that since.

What have the raiders done prior or after him?

Im confused. Was UT good before Lane? Were they good after him? He had 7 wins there in his first year, they havent done that since.

And now, he only has to be the OC and do some recruiting for Bama. It should be good for Alabama based on his past success as an OC and recruiter, but we shall see.

They went 5-7 the year before him. Not a drastic improvement. He's a big part of the reason why Tennessee hasn't won 7 since. Goes both ways.

Hes been a good oc in the past. Won't have to open his mouth to the media. And obviously can recruit. Probably gonna work out. Most things do for bama.

This guy has dirt on everyone, is the greatest interviewer of all time ........................................or cheats like hell in recruiting and knows how to get away with it so everyone in the college game is willing to give him another shot.

As someone above mentioned, it goes beyond the obvious failing on the field ....

Sure he was good as the USC OC ... they were giving houses to players to get them to come play there.

USC OC - vacated title
Raiders HC - Humiliated by Al Davis who exposed Kiffin as a liar
Tennessee - Numerous off the field issues
USC - Train wreck of mammoth proportions.

This is awesome... I couldn't figure out what could possibly derail the Alabama train ... this would have been a joke I made at a bar or something to an Alabama fan ... not a reality.

And Bama fan was making fun of the Charlie Strong hire .... go figure.

Do I think Lane is a good offensive coach and recruiter? Yes I do. But is he worth the risk of the damage that can cause to your program? Hell no, especially if your one of the top programs in the country. It would make more sense if a "lesser" school went out and got him as an OC, the risk could be worth the reward. But if I was a Bama fan, I would not want Lane associated with my program.

Nothing lasts forever. No college football team ever has an edge over every other team for an indefinite amount of time. College football is no NFL in terms of parity, but even these great programs have a shelf life before they have to come back to earth and rebuild with new characters and new ideas. Its cyclical, and this is further evidence that Alabama's cycle will be coming to an end in the next few years. Lane Kiffin looked amazing when he was coaching an offense stocked with NFL talent. When he was coaching average players, he looked average. Guess what that makes him? Average.

This guy has more life experience than most twice his age in this profession, good luck to you if you hate him

Nothing lasts forever. No college football team ever has an edge over every other team for an indefinite amount of time. College football is no NFL in terms of parity, but even these great programs have a shelf life before they have to come back to earth and rebuild with new characters and new ideas. Its cyclical, and this is further evidence that Alabama's cycle will be coming to an end in the next few years. Lane Kiffin looked amazing when he was coaching an offense stocked with NFL talent. When he was coaching average players, he looked average. Guess what that makes him? Average.

Well the good news is he will have NFL talent to work with again at Alabama.

This guy has dirt on everyone, is the greatest interviewer of all time ........................................or cheats like hell in recruiting and knows how to get away with it so everyone in the college game is willing to give him another shot.

As someone above mentioned, it goes beyond the obvious failing on the field ....

Sure he was good as the USC OC ... they were giving houses to players to get them to come play there.

USC OC - vacated title
Raiders HC - Humiliated by Al Davis who exposed Kiffin as a liar
Tennessee - Numerous off the field issues
USC - Train wreck of mammoth proportions.

This is awesome... I couldn't figure out what could possibly derail the Alabama train ... this would have been a joke I made at a bar or something to an Alabama fan ... not a reality.

And Bama fan was making fun of the Charlie Strong hire .... go figure.

What's funny is I did make a joke about this shortly after Kiffin was fired. I said Saban to Texas, and Kiffin to Bama.

Do I think Lane is a good offensive coach and recruiter? Yes I do. But is he worth the risk of the damage that can cause to your program? Hell no, especially if your one of the top programs in the country. It would make more sense if a "lesser" school went out and got him as an OC, the risk could be worth the reward. But if I was a Bama fan, I would not want Lane associated with my program.

Bama won't get into any major problems when it comes to the NCAA while Saban is there. That's just a fact. And further it is not like Kiffin was the one giving away houses to his offense at SC. This is an exceptional hire and a major upgrade over niedermeyer or whatever his name was that left for Michigan.

All that being said, if anything on Kiffin's side of the ball goes wrong whether it is on the field or off the field and whether it is truly his fault or not - Kiffin will get the blame and take the fall.

Bdtpha1CEAAvp-m.png

Bama won't get into any major problems when it comes to the NCAA while Saban is there. That's just a fact. And further it is not like Kiffin was the one giving away houses to his offense at SC. This is an exceptional hire and a major upgrade over niedermeyer or whatever his name was that left for Michigan.

All that being said, if anything on Kiffin's side of the ball goes wrong whether it is on the field or off the field and whether it is truly his fault or not - Kiffin will get the blame and take the fall.

I think it is an upgrade over their last OC from a coaching and recruiting standpoint, I agree with you there. But the distraction and poison that Lane is, not worth it to me. Will nothing come up and everything will be low key? Possible. But when there is a Lane, there is a way.

I dont fukn understand how this POS keeps getting jobs? Is he giving head to everyone??
Bama will have 3 loses next year. Book it!

I dont fukn understand how this POS keeps getting jobs? Is he giving head to everyone??
Bama will have 3 loses next year. Book it!

I wouldn't be shocked if Bama loses a few games next year but I would be surprised if Kiffin is the catalyst for the losses..

I wouldn't be shocked if Bama loses a few games next year but I would be surprised if Kiffin is the catalyst for the losses..

Mark Helfrich took a lot of heat for Oregon's season this year, but I'm not so sure that even with Chip Kelly they do any better. The program has hit its ceiling, with or without Kelly they weren't going to go to major bowls forever. I think there is a parallel to what you're saying CK and I agree. Sometimes the timing of things is just a coincidence, no matter how strongly it appears not to be.

As an Alabama guy, still not sure how I feel about the hire. Trying to find the positives, I think this is an ideal situation for Kiffin to rehab his image. Saban has a rule that asst coaches don't talk to the media, except at media days in July and in bowl preparations. So on the surface, Lane can just recruit, coach, and keep quiet. I seriously doubt Saban would hire someone he thinks he can't control, so I'm sure there were a lot of discussion about expectations before the job was offered. I don't think Kiffin will bring down the program. I think Saban could have gotten an OC that would be just as effective, but with much less baggage, but obviously he thought enough of Lane to offer him the job.

Like CrimsonK mentioned, I think we could lose 2-3 games and it have nothing to do with Kiffin. New QB, lose some productive seniors and juniors to the NFL/graduation, and not like we ever fixed the issue in the secondary. But, Lane will certainly take more heat from the media if the offense doesn't perform form day one, or at least more than a normal 1st year OC with a new QB. Saban mentioned during bowl practice that he wanted to essentially start over/clean house, like he did in 2007, and this and our DL coach being encouraged to leave is definitely a start. Wouldn't surprise me to see another coach or two go somewhere else, and I'd look for multiple player transfers as well.

When you find the positive it will end up being like the AIDS patient who is happy with their weight loss.

It's a horrible hire.

When you find the positive it will end up being like the AIDS patient who is happy with their weight loss.

It's a horrible hire.

You think Saban is just mailing it in? LK is an entitled, arrogant, douchebag, but so are a lot of coaches.

Back