Lakers @ Houston

wizardofodd

Resident Newlywed
I saw the play and it can go either way with Ariza. He does get the ball, but also hits his head on the way, so depending what the commish will do for the next game. Maybe a suspension? Also, I didnt watch the entire game or anything, but someone mentioned that Odom left the bench area, any one got some info about that??

Here is the clip..

file://<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/_6FoUFsJn2M&hl=en&fs=1 width=480 height=295 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Yep, think Odom's potential suspension is nearly a lock as he has left the bench during an on court altercation.

is it just me or does Odom seem to be there any time the Lakers have 'confrontations' of sorts. A couple come up to head- the biggest one being when he speared Ray allen last yr in reg season. (Jesus made him sorry)

a joke if hes suspended, he went for the ball, you can't suspend him for that no matter how bad it looked

a joke if hes suspended, he went for the ball, you can't suspend him for that no matter how bad it looked

yea i would agree on that also, but like I said, it could go either way once they slow it down and look at it.

commentators also mentioned about Gasol looking upset cause Rudy is his teammate/buddy. wonder how he might feel for next game also.

Rockets can use Battier and Artest on Kobitch. Thats 12 fouls to hand out on Kobe.

Any predictions on the line? I'm guessing Lakers -2 or somthing.

If Odom is suspended would be amazed to see the Lakers made the favorites. Then again when they made Cleveland the favorite I was amazed.

pk at best wont be surprised if rockets are favored even with odom, lakers have hit a wall and rockets are scary at home

Foul wasn't that bad really, the problem is that Rudy landed really awkwardly, and that made it look really bad. Still, I expect Ariza to be suspended (Odom is 99.99% suspended) as after you make a foul and the guy you fouled leaves on a stretcher you get suspended no matter what.

It's not like Odom rushed in quickly off the bench to get involved. He went a couple feet onto the court and didn't really do anything. But a rule is a rule, and I think he gets suspended.

As for the foul, don't be fooled by the Laker broadcasters. They're gonna want to protect Ariza naturally. I watched the game live on NBA league pass which had the Blazer broadcasters and they showed a better replay. Ariza clocked Fernandez hard in the head, then got ball. That was like getting punched in the head, only with the forearm not the fist. Definatley a cheap shot IMO. He couldn't land because he pretty much got knocked out.

And good for Brandon Roy sticking up for his teammate. Thats 7 straight games the Lakers have lost at Portland. The Lakers at the time were getting spanked by 28 pts nothing was going right for them. That was a frustration foul.

Houston -4? What do you guys think of this? Battier/Artest play great D on Kobe and Odom is not playing....I think I'm leaning towards Houston-4

I'm from Houston and hate betting on them or against them. I might throw $50 on them just to enjoy the game a bit more, but I'll take the rockets.

Back