Lakers/Celts Game 3 Line Released

MeasyMoney

Give me Football or give me death
Tue 6/10 505 Boston Celtics +9 +105 OVER 195 -109
06:05 PM 506 Los Angeles Lakers -9 -113 UNDER 195 -101

wow, very high line. I dont understand how the number 1 team (record-wise) in the nba could be getting points at home, while lakers are favored by this much when they go home especially going back to LA down 2 games. Stupid, very stupid. That being said, i will be pounding the lakers!

3-2 lakers leading the series going back to boston!

high line necessary to attract Boston backers here, otherwise everyone all over LA on a the back-home=bounceback basis

exactly what they hoped you'd say.

think you are reading this wrong...im pretty sure vegas would rather have me see the "easy" +9 and want me to say im takin celts for 100 units....but that wont happen

:shake: for sure!

Phil Jackson: "I've never seen a game officiated this badly"

Wow aint that something, I said the EXACT same thing in the in-game thread. Boston fans now up 2-0, not to rain on your parade, but if you didn't see anything wrong with the officiating game 2, you're crazy.

Well , i have to call a spade a spade and despite my hatred for kobe bryant that was a very poorly officiated game. I really dont think that can be denied. Whether it would have mattered can maybe be argued. Celtics lost intensity because of the big lead and lakers showed a lot of heart coming back at the end. We will never know how it would have ended had it been officiated properly... the celtics might have still won.

But make no bones about it ,,,,, that was some bullshit out there tonight. It wasnt as bad as the screw job sacramento took a few years back to the lakers on Shaqs way to a title in LA but it has to rank up there with some of the worst officiated games ever.

Phil's been complaining to refs ever since he started taking teams to playoffs.

Boston
2.1 fta per layup/dunk attempt

Lakers
.33 fta per layup/dunk attempt

That's pretty fucked up but it's not like it hasnt been this way all postseason. Home teams been getting the share of calls and dominating. If lakers dont get the same treatment at home in these next 3 games then i would be mad if i was lakers fan.

Since it's been this way all postseason i'd be willing to say they will and be taking that into consideration before i place a bet on boston.

^ Remember tho if you miss but fouled it is not recorded as a fga. Im not sure how many times boston was fouled on a layup/dunk and failed to make the gimme. So that 2.1 and .33 is a rough guess.

this stat doesn't include celtic shots in the paint that turned into fts, but it is still remarkable cuz it shows the conventional wisdom that the lakers didn't get fts cuz they weren't aggressive taking it to the basket is bullshit

Shots Within 5 Feet - Foul Shots

Lakers:

First quarter: 6-0
Second quarter 8-1
Third quarter: 3-2
Fourth quarter: 5-6

Boston:

First quarter: 3-5
Second quarter: 5-14
Third quarter: 4-6
Fourth quarter: 5-12

*even with the updated count, i still dont think theres a simple "lakers didn't attack the basket" explanation for the disparity.

Last edited:
high line necessary to attract Boston backers here, otherwise everyone all over LA on a the back-home=bounceback basis

thats the same exact theory everyone on this board was saying after game 1... "Celtics getting points at home= Vegas obviously expects Lakers to win" and obviously they were wrong then

this stat doesn't include celtic shots in the paint that turned into fts, but it is still remarkable cuz it shows the conventional wisdom that the lakers didn't get fts cuz they weren't aggressive taking it to the basket is bullshit

Shots In Paint - Foul Shots

Lakers:

First quarter: 11-0
Second quarter 10-1
Third quarter: 7-2
Fourth quarter: 7-6

Boston:

First quarter: 3-5
Second quarter: 5-14
Third quarter: 6-6
Fourth quarter: 5-12

but did you hear doc rivers ? :36_11_6:

thats the same exact theory everyone on this board was saying after game 1... "Celtics getting points at home= Vegas obviously expects Lakers to win" and obviously they were wrong then

No, this has nothing to do with Vegas expecting the Lakers to win, either then (the line didnt open LA-1 for game 2, it was only a hop away from what it opened for game 1) or here. This has to do with the fact that if LA was "a more reasonable line" based on the play so far, (lets say -5.5/6.5) then outside of Boston homers they'd get way too much action on LA.
Its exactly what I said it was - about getting people on Boston to balance things up in the face of the anticipated rush for LA in a bounceback spot (that comes from there being zero belief amongst the majority they get swept. The fact LA mounted a huge comeback only goes to serve such beliefs).

Yeah its about even action-- It has nothing to do with expecting a win out of LAKERS.

Although in game 3 situations, teams have really won easily usually by 20+ points. IN this one Lakers will try and win by 25+ to send the Celts a message that this series is 3-2 leaving LAKERS. LAKERS are a run up the score team anyway and will try to do it bigtime here

Throwback.

You whine too much.

Maybe your team should toughen up and earn their way to the line. You were outplayed by 25 points for 40 minutes. A few extra free throws would have only made the score a 20 point lead... and the Celtics wouldn't have quit for the last 6 minutes.

LAL is primed for a big win... but laying 9 with them vs. what appears to be a superior team... is madness.

Everything about this Celtics team this year has been madness... remember when the O.U for season wins was like 48? They had that done by the 60th game.

its facts

lakers were fucked in that game every1 knows it.

is it the reason why they loss not really but still some bullshit

if you guys are honestly going to say that the game was fairly officiated then you are stupid and you should start watching nascar instead of the nba

Throwback.

You whine too much.

Maybe your team should toughen up and earn their way to the line. You were outplayed by 25 points for 40 minutes. A few extra free throws would have only made the score a 20 point lead... and the Celtics wouldn't have quit for the last 6 minutes.

LAL is primed for a big win... but laying 9 with them vs. what appears to be a superior team... is madness.

Everything about this Celtics team this year has been madness... remember when the O.U for season wins was like 48? They had that done by the 60th game.

:popcorn:

There were some calls in that game that boston got that were a joke and ticky tack. However, you cant go into this game the way the playoffs have been to date and expect the home team not to get calls. Did boston get some stupid calls ... yes.

And if anybody should be watching nascar its doc rivers for not playing powe at all this year and people thinking kobe is better than michael.:popcorn:

What pissed me off was that Turiaf BLOCK then the PHANTOM CALL...Timmy D...no not Duncan, definitely talked with the crew before the game.

There were some calls in that game that boston got that were a joke and ticky tack. However, you cant go into this game the way the playoffs have been to date and expect the home team not to get calls. Did boston get some stupid calls ... yes.

And if anybody should be watching nascar its doc rivers for not playing powe at all this year and people thinking kobe is better than michael.:popcorn:

hahahaha....brewer im a lakers fan, once kobe leaves lakers ill hate him just like i hate shaq, then maybe ill agree with you that michael is better. but for now kobe is better imo...n jordan could never get away with rape like kobe did n still keep his wife! thats G shit

n leon powe sucks bad...you cant give a guy a seasons-full-of credit for one game where if he didnt put up those points someone else could have and replaced him easily. he was no x-factor n he never will be. at best he could be a 2nd string player on the worst team in the nba.

"Farmar with a wild shot trying to draw the foul..."

:36_11_6:

No, Mike Breen, Sam Cassell was actually hanging on his arm, you idiot...

Leon Powe can play. After JR Smith started blowing up in denver i started talking about Leon.

Right now Leon's offense is so raw. But he has good footwork and knows how to use his shoulders/body already and atttacks rim at will. Something KG has forgotten how to. I think Leon could be a 14/8 in 30/35 minutes a night player if he parts way from Boston this summer. He's gonna have to move on b/c Doc is obviously not gonna give him any time and keep playing dumbass Perkins more than he should. So sad :(

I will say Powe did deserve most his calls the only one he didnt really was the ronny block

I liked Powes game since he was in cal dude made me some money

but fuck him now lol

What if powe signs with lakers this summer? you go back to liking him i bet. lol.

What if powe signs with lakers this summer? you go back to liking him i bet. lol.

he will be one of my favorite players if he signs with my squad...haha...BIG LUCAS WALTON is my 2nd fav player...so you should get an idea how i feel about my lakers

brewer...just take the lakers -9.5 and enjoy your winnings

i like there to be a lot of fts and pts. id take lakers at -5.5 not -9.5. i dont like betting on teams i dont think will win so not touching boston.:shake:

powe was a rich mans hansbrough in college. thick and punishing with a surprisingly efficient offensive game. It was funny watchin hansbroughs hype as a frosh and powe was out here on the west coast getting absolutely no love.

any1 know how to use winzip ?

when you open an unziped file how do I get all the songs on my media player ?

download WinRar...easier and does it for you, after you download a cd or watever using rapidshare or megaupload, winrar will pop up and ask you where to save it and your done. ive been using the trial version for a year now haha

powe was a rich mans hansbrough in college. thick and punishing with a surprisingly efficient offensive game. It was funny watchin hansbroughs hype as a frosh and powe was out here on the west coast getting absolutely no love.

stupid eastern seaboard programming network.

so how do i do it ?

http://www.winrar.com.sg/download.htm

thats the link for the trial version. then once you download your zip file, click on it and use that winrar to unzip it.

kind of hard to explain but once you download they have a little instruction section if needed. if you download something using rapidshare or megaupload, winrar will auto pop up and you will jus click "wizard" then click where to save your file and it will unzip the files

check it out

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Throwback420
Nipsey Hussle - closer than close

http://www.zshare.net/audio/133855547ed9d3be/

new crip rapper from cali who is gonna blow up hook is sick, the game was talkin up this cat they have a song together i linked a couple of post above

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back