L.A. should push to Game 7

• Thread starter Thread starter Moneyline_Monster
  • Start date Start date
M

Moneyline_Monster

I'm going to be taking the Lakers + any points, because I think they will force it to a Game 7. Kobe was on and off tonight, and without Perkins the Celtics aren't very deep down low, making KG's job a little harder. I think the Lakers go in and steal Game 6, Kobe's bound to have a good game there. Any thoughts?

as an aside, if you like the Lakers I'd say go Over again. Boston will get their points at home, if LA is to live with them, they'll have to keep up. game 1 was going that way but LA choked offensively in the 4th, and game 2 did go Over (LA scored 102). the bonus is LA can fail to cover through late FT shit but it still goes Over.

Any predictions on the spread? Or is it already out. Vegas better not pull that BS with Boston -2.5 again. Otherwise I'm not touching it.

<TABLE class=smtext2 id=scores_ctl02_tblInfo cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="99%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR align=left bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap width="17%">+3.5
-3.5</TD><TD width="17%"> 193.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

im all over the celts on that line, hell yeah

gonna wait till an early consensus comes out and pray people are going to continue to hit the fakers like they have all series

-3 would be a GIFT!

bottom line:

celts keep gaysol off the glass = they win

he was the only reason the fakers won today pulling in some clutch offensive boards and getting it done in the paint

kobe is intimidated by pierce, hes scared to even penetrate anymore. hes been settling for mid range jumpers, which hes been missing, and turning the ball over a LOT more then were used to seeing him

to be honest, i was hoping the fakers would win tonight so i could hit boston in game 6 to close it out, and i was more comfortable with the ball in dfish's hands, then in kobes

how many times did we see kobe try to force the ball inside tonight when it wasnt there, in turn turning the ball over?

kobes flustered. hes been totally taken off his game. if it wasnt for the 1Q he would have finished with cassel-esque numbers

walton is worthless. machine is overrated. radman is good for 1 three from the corner all game.

kobe needed one of these home games to put up some big numbers, he needed a performance of shooting 50%+ from the field and having one of his 35-40 point games. he didnt do that

it was critical to boost his confidence, and get back on his game, and he didnt get that. hes been playing scared

if you watched him tonight, he did not look like a warrior like pierce. he looked scared, timid, nervous and not the player i would want with the ball in their hands with the game on the line.

its over for the fakers, save your money!

you are the moneyline monster though!!

you have to take them to win SU!

I was honestly looking for +4.5 to +5, this public interest on the Lakers is BS, -3.5 when all three games at Staples were -9, -7.5, and -7 (depending on the Book of course), I'm tired of Vegas disrespecting Boston, for Christ's Sake Pierce shitted today, KG did his part (remember his role is bigger now with Perkins hurt), but Rondo granted slightly injured has done nothing, Ray had 16 but that won't cut it when Posey has 3 and the bench big men other than KG have a combined 4 points. You can't expect 9 from Cassell again. What really killed Boston tonight was foul trouble, that won't happen in Boston. Tough Call.

rondo has done nothing??!??!?!?!?!!?

where are all those assists coming from?!!!!!

its not all about whos scoring the points.

Rajon Rondo had 3 assists in Game 5, I was referring to tonight's game, sorry about the confusion.

why cant i trust alien for 9 points?

"big men besides KG combined for only 4 points"

have you seen what powe and perkins have done at home? theyre young so its understandable that they play a lot better when theyre on their home court., and they have.
this may not apply because from what ive been reading perkins may be out for the series,a separated shoulder is nothign to fuck around with. but i love me some powe.

posey gets it done on the defensive end.
its not all about the points, and being a superstar.

youre reading too much into the stats.....

whereas you might want to give the matchups a longer look

Over/Under Sam Cassell -5/+5 (My line BTW)

If this were a prop, the under would be a blessing. He takes terrible shots, and was scoring when Farmar was guarding him, he won't score with Fish on him, at least not more than 5 points in Game 6.

I'm not making a case against Boston in Game 6, not after seeing that line at least, -3.5 is a joke. But then again people underestimate the loss of Perkins, Powe is not a savior dude.

Perkins gave them a strong body inside, and as soft as Gasol and Odom are, Kendrick and KG matched up very well against the two. Now PJ Brown and Powe are a different story. I think Odom is two skilled for those two, and imagine a switch with Gasol on them, I'd take Odom and Gasol 7 times out of 10 to score with either Powe or Brown on either of the two. Perkins is a silent but deadly loss, hopefully he plays.

The Celtics released a statement from Doc Rivers on Ray Allen's abrupt departure following Game 5 of the NBA Finals.
"Ray Allen was forced to leave Staples Center at the conclusion of tonight’s game due to a health issue with one of his children. We ask that you please respect Ray’s privacy at this time, and we’ll keep you up to date as best we can moving forward." Hopefully the issue is not serious and Allen will be ready to go in Game 6 on Tuesday night. If not, the Celtics could be without Allen, Kendrick Perkins (shoulder) and a struggling Rajon Rondo.

Kendrick Perkins has been ruled out of Sunday's Game 5 with a shoulder strain.
"If somebody bumped me right now, there's a lot of pain in there," said Perkins. "So I knew I couldn't go tonight. I felt that yesterday. But hopefully we can close it out so I can be ready for a Game 6 or a Game 7." Perkins could be done for the remainder of this series, and said Leon Powe will start in his place tonight. Jun. 15 - 7:45 pm et

The Celtics released a statement from Doc Rivers on Ray Allen's abrupt departure following Game 5 of the NBA Finals.
"Ray Allen was forced to leave Staples Center at the conclusion of tonight’s game due to a health issue with one of his children. We ask that you please respect Ray’s privacy at this time, and we’ll keep you up to date as best we can moving forward." Hopefully the issue is not serious and Allen will be ready to go in Game 6 on Tuesday night. If not, the Celtics could be without Allen, Kendrick Perkins (shoulder) and a struggling Rajon Rondo.

Not good, liking the Lakers with points if Ray and Perkins don't play.

LAL First Half -3.5 :hang: your up 6 points with 33 secs left and a lot of kids proclaim you to be better than MJ, why the f** would you turn the ball over!!! And leave The Truth nail a 3 pointer aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

If Ray doesn't play Game 6, you might see a Boston -1 or PK. But I don't expect him to miss Game 6.

Monster, I like the original post as I too think LA pushes a Gm7. After discussing this series with a bettor I respect very much, we came to the conclusion that the series price of +180 on Boston before the Finals began was ridiculous. When came to agreement that this series will go no less than six games and very likely seven. We also thought that Boston had a legitimate shot to win the finals because of their big three versus just Kobe, so that made the nearly two-to-one series price even more attractive. We were also the two guys that said (and got laughed at by everyone in the local card room) taking the Spurs at nearly 2.5-to-1 on your money when they were healthy and down 0-2 to the Hornets was a good bet.

Great player (notice not "players") and great coaching... why won't we see a Gm7?

GL

believeaq5.jpg

Not that I am an expert on NBA here, however, I see this as being done tonight.Celts are so much stronger, on so many levels.

Back