KSU QB Josh Freeman Shows Up......Fat and Out of Shape

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
Homeboy is 25 pounds heavier than his listed weight and failed his physical.

Kansas State Quarterback Josh Freeman Is Apparently on the Cheeseburger Diet

Posted Aug 3rd 2007 4:14PM by Brian Grummell
Filed under: Big 12, Kansas State Football
josh-freeman-jog-close-180.jpg
Fat, lazy, stupid?

Freeman just made Brian Hoyer incredibly jealous. <STRIKE>Hot off the wires</STRIKE> Fresh in my inbox:
WHB 810 in KC is reporting that [Freeman] showed up to the first [Wildcat] practice at 260lbs or so and failed his fitness test.

Josh Freeman is not exactly at Jared Lorenzen-level heavy - yet - but maybe we can classify him with another portly Kentucky Wildcat quarterback: Shane Boyd?

Thanks to being the team's starting quarterback and the brash use of the #1 uniform, there's a big ol' target on Freeman's back. We already know Bill Callahan hates him. Does he really need to draw the ire of the entire Kansas State fan base as well?

He had an eye-opening performance in beating a Colt McCoy-less Texas last year that had people thinking big things but this just isn't good news. Phil Steele lists him at 6-6/238 pounds so Freeman is clearly a big boy but few quarterbacks ever find that "ideal weight" anywhere north of 250 pounds especially as college sophomores.

Less beer, less cheeseburgers, a lot more windsprints and stadium steps and hopefully this resolves itself by the end of the month when Kansas State opens up on the road against Auburn. Now please excuse me while I sit down to a cheeseburger and a pint of Sam Adams.

Lorenzen rules.....such a beast in school when he played for Kentucky.....fuckin cover machine he was

Was he a cover machine? I grew up loving Lorenzen (live in Lexington). Too young to follow lines when he was in school, though.

Yeah...and I know I'm on the shorter side but I don't recall looking that far up at you.

Fellas, I apologize for ruining your fun by interjecting a football related thought lol, but he is a statue anyway, he rushed for negative yardage last year so extra weight isn't going to change his aproach to the game, he belongs in the pocket.

Fellas, I apologize for ruining your fun by interjecting a football related thought lol, but he is a statue anyway, he rushed for negative yardage last year so extra weight isn't going to change his aproach to the game, he belongs in the pocket.

Not just the 25 but also that he failed his physical. He might actually get winded standing in the pocket.

Freeman actually is a pretty good athlete. He can move outside the pocket and can throw well on the run. The reason for his poor rushing stats is that K St. had a terrible O-Line and he got sacked a lot. I'm looking for more of the same this year, but the guy is def. not a statue back there. Of course with this extra weight, he might become one.

I see Freeman around quite a bit and noticed he was getting bigger and bigger... but i was hoping it was because of muscle as many kstate players are a lot bigger due to their new workouts this year (for example leon patton and james johnson)

Back