ksimpsc week 4

ksimpsc

Pretty much a regular
Week 1 side 9-9-1 ... totals 2-1... 2H 1-1... teaz/par 1-0... net 13-11 +0.34u
Week 2 side 13-5 ... totals 8-7... 2H 0-1... teaz/par 0-3... net 21-16 +7.7u
Week 3 side 10-5... totals 7-6... 2H 1-0... teaz/par 0-4... net 18-15 +7.14u
Season side 32-19-1... totals 17-14... 2H 2-2... teaz/par 1-7... net 52-42 +15.18u

onto the next, excited for the totals this week

All plays 1u unless marked:
3u Gamecocks -8.5
2u Utah -3
2u WVU-20
2u Washington -10
2u Stanford -7

Wake -4
OU -26

Akron +15.5
Charlotte -1
Tulsa -9.5 (b.5)
Nebraska -12

ND -3
.5u VT -28
.5u Ohio +2.5
TT +7
.5u TT +235
Cinci +11

.5u Cinci +340
Uga -2.5

SDSU/AFA U47.5
MissSt/UGA U48.5
NCSt/Fst U51.5

UCLA/Stan U62.5
Cinci/Navy U52.5
Bama/Vandy U43

NM/Tulsa O69
Duke/UNC O67

UCF/Mary U61
Pitt/GT U56

TCU/OKSt U72
UMass/Tenn O62
Army/Tulane U44.5

UAB/NT O61
FIU/Rice O52
Wake/app u49
Mich/Purdue U50

ND/MSU U54
USC/LaTech O51.5
SJSU/UtahSt U56

VT TT O40
WVU TT O47

Auburn/mizzou U60
Arkst/smu U71.5
Cal TT O23
IU TT O36.5
score first 5.5 min OVER Stanford/UCLA

Cocks 2H -6 -105
2H Pitt/gt u28-120

1.5u 4team 13pt Utah +10, WVU -8, Wash +2.5, Stanford +5.5
1.5u 4team 13pt Utah +10, WVU -8, Wash +2.5, Akron +28.5

2team 7pt Tulsa -3, Tulsa/NM O61
2team 7pt Tulsa -3, Gamecocks -1
2team 7pt USC -2, USC/LaTech O44.5

.5u parlay Utah, Tulsa. Maryland, Wake Cocks to win 2.56u

.5u parlay utah, washington
.5u parlay Maryland, Wake, SDSU, ND, Uconn to win 3.72
.5u parlay long shot cocks -8.5, Ohio+115, charlotte -130, sdsu -160 to win 5.16u
.5u Ohio +115, Maryland -220, wake -235, unc -120, charlotte -130 to win 6.74u

Last edited:
Gamecocks notes:

So funny how fans are. Before the game we are going to demolish Kentucky, we lose the game and it's Rob Schneider from Waterboy "We Suck Again!" The Gamecocks went above expectations in their two wins and below expectations in their loss so I am trying to not jump to conclusions about the team after three games. The big concern for me is our lack of running production throughout the three games. 31 yards on 19 carries against NCSt., 172 on 39 carries aginst Mizzou, and 54 on 20 carries against Kentucky. What I do not understand is the choice of personnel on some of the plays, especially the short yardage plays having Turner run up the middle. Also, we are not sure why Ty'Son is not getting a single carry in the Kentucky game when he is sitting at 14 carries for 78 yards in the Mizzou game, maybe punishment? No surprise that our best running effort is the game he has a handful of carries. Do I think the OLine is worse than last year when Dowdle was destroying people? No. So there must be something else going on there. A buddy looked back at Roper dating back to OC at Duke and over about 8 years his top rusher averaged about 550 yards per season with the most being Matt Jones at Florida with 817. So this has to be Roper scheme, which does not seem to be a recipe for wins in the SEC. Was not a fan of the Roper hire and it is looking pretty clear that his resume is staying consistent. People are disappointed but preseason chance to be 3-1 going into ATM is about where we thought to be. Deebo being out hurts but honestly Edwards was the better receiver last year for the first half of the season so maybe it will be good for Bentley to open it up some and not rely on Deebo.

Last edited:
I don't understand your optimism without Deebo. You didn't just lose a good receiver you lost a versatile stud who could amass rushing yards and was prime devon hester in returning. I don't think bentley can help out a pedestrian offense without run support. He has upside but hes so inconsistent with his accuracy and he has trouble setting his feet in time outside of the pocket. On defense who will replace english and you have only three scholarship linebackers. It was nice to win with timley turnovers and big plays from samuel but i think the loss to kentucky was an eye-opener

I don't understand your optimism without Deebo. You didn't just lose a good receiver you lost a versatile stud who could amass rushing yards and was prime devon hester in returning. I don't think bentley can help out a pedestrian offense without run support. He has upside but hes so inconsistent with his accuracy and he has trouble setting his feet in time outside of the pocket. On defense who will replace english and you have only three scholarship linebackers. It was nice to win with timley turnovers and big plays from samuel but i think the loss to kentucky was an eye-opener
You are acting like we were expecting to be in Atlanta at the end of the season. Our pre season O/U was 5.5. I think it is pretty clear that we had low expectation from the get go. People got the air of winning from two games that obviously had some bounces go our way. But to say there is nothing to be excited about and that the Cocks are on a downward spiral or something is just silly. Also, Bentley has been pretty consistent for a young kid that has played 10 games total and only 7 his true Freshman year. 184 completions on 283 attempts for 2126 yards 15TD 7INTs is pretty solid and I expect there to be some bumps in the road with a young kid at QB but he has shown he will fight through it.

Again, Gamecocks defense were ranked one of the worst in the Country so the way they have shown in the first three games I think is pretty encouraging despite the lack of some athletes. The good defenders we have have been playing insane. The Kentucky game they were running underneath coverage all day which I pretty much called, but we forced turnovers and could not capitalize as we usually do.

3-1 going into ATM is exactly where I thought to be. Does losing Deebo hurt? Yes, but I don't think anyone here expects Atlanta so lets get the kids some experience and work on our faults. We still have plenty of weapons to be used and a plethora of running backs that can create a running attack but as I said above I think the issue may be play calling/personnel decisions rather than the players. We have one of the best skill groups in the SECeast despite Deebo being out.

Still waiting on totals

Plays made so far:
Utah -3
2u WVU-20
Wake -4
2u Washington -10
OU -26
2u Stanford -7

goo thats a lot of chalk... though week 2 all my dogs hit and last week all the chalk was hitting so not sure what to make of that

going 2u Utah @-3

Akron +15.5

Zips went for an average 6.7 ypp passing against Iowa St with 1 INT and 1 fumble lost. Troy gave up 7.4ypp passing to NMSt in their 3 pt win as a 9.5 pt fav. Hoping the Zips passing game can keep them in it.

1.5u 4team 13pt Utah +10, WVU -8, Wash +2.5, Stanford +5.5
1.5u 4team 13pt Utah +10, WVU -8, Wash +2.5, Akron +28.5

Gamecocks notes:

So funny how fans are. Before the game we are going to demolish Kentucky, we lose the game and it's Rob Schneider from Waterboy "We Suck Again!" The Gamecocks went above expectations in their two wins and below expectations in their loss so I am trying to not jump to conclusions about the team after three games.

The truth is that Missouri is a dumpster fire. USC (and UK) might be improved this year, but a win over Mizzou (or EKU) isn't going to prove anything. But you did beat State, and that's a good win. My look at the Cocks' performance after Bentley took over as the starter last year didn't show much improvement. However, it was a young team, and y'all have to be better this year. It's just a question of how much.

The truth is that Missouri is a dumpster fire. USC (and UK) might be improved this year, but a win over Mizzou (or EKU) isn't going to prove anything. But you did beat State, and that's a good win. My look at the Cocks' performance after Bentley took over as the starter last year didn't show much improvement. However, it was a young team, and y'all have to be better this year. It's just a question of how much.
Wise words from M.W. and that is my feeling as well. We are coming off a 6-7 season last year and are two years removed from Spurrier retiring mid season and then losing to the Citadel. It could definitely be worse haha. I predict a 5-7 season unless we pull an upset in the Ark, Florida, or ATM games which is definitely possible. FWIW FPI has Gamecocks currently 2-1 in those three games but I think we would be looking for one of those.

Charlotte -1

Joining Carolinablue on this one. I do not usually like betting on a dregs of cfb but I have been looking for games to fade Shawn Elliott. At Carolina he was the coach asked to step in and finish the season as interim after Spurrier's departure. He had poise and knew the scheme at his former coaching position which seemed to do enough to get him a head coaching job (even though he lost to the Citadel)

Looking at the GaSt TennSt game the Panthers only had 49 rushing yards on 29 attempts keeping it in the air for production for 224. They allowed TennSt to rush for 238 on 42 attempts 5.7ypp and only 12 catches for 145 yards bringing their total ypp given up to 7.09ypp.

Charlotte in their loss to NCA&T gained 436 yards with 266 on 46 carries. They had a heap of turnovers and a pick6 in that game so hopefully that does not persist. I will likely not watch much of this game.

SDSU/AFA U47.5
MissSt/UGA U48.5
NCSt/Fst U51.5
UCLA/Stan U62.5
Cinci/Navy U52.5
Bama/Vandy U43
NM/Tulsa O69
Duke/UNC O67
UCF/Mary U61
Pitt/GT U56
TCU/OKSt U72
UMass/Tenn O62

congrats on a fine year so far, mr ksimp. I'll probably join the party with Charlotte. Unlike you, I love those class B games and do so poorly on hi-profile games that I stay away from them. GL

congrats on a fine year so far, mr ksimp. I'll probably join the party with Charlotte. Unlike you, I love those class B games and do so poorly on hi-profile games that I stay away from them. GL
Thanks bull and BOL this year. I don't mind some bullsheet, I just don't usually do as well on those games.

Utah prob didnt deserve that last night but we take them as they come. Heading out of town but rest of the card played late last night and this morning.

Nebraska -12
Gamecocks -8.5
ND -3
.5u VT -28
.5u Ohio +2.5

Army/Tulane U44.5
UAB/NT O61
FIU/Rice O52
Wake/App U49
Mich/Purdue U50
ND/MSU U54

.5u parlay Utah, Tulsa. Maryland, Wake Cocks to win 2.56u
.5u parlay utah, washington
.5u parlay Maryland, Wake, SDSU, ND, Uconn to win 3.72

Took the Gamecocks -8.5, probably not a popular bet but looking at the Miss St numbers against them on the ground it reminded me of our stats against Mizzou. Hoping Ty'Son gets good use today. Obviously no Deebo in the game but I think we see at least one other skill guy step up.

Last parlay for the weekend

.5u Ohio +115, Maryland -220, wake -235, unc -120, charlotte -130 to win 6.74u

The only game the line went away from me on was the Akron/Troy game. Obviously 17.5 would be better than 15.5 but I didn't expect this to go past 17

Making it 3u Gamecocks -8.5

Buying .5 on the other 2u to keep everything at the same number. The more I look at this game the more I like the gamecocks here. LT coming off the biggest game of their season with win over WKU now on the road to Williams Brice. I could be way off and wasting two more units here but this is the perfect game to get back on track in the run game against a pretty bad rush defense.

WBY (worst bet of year) candidate in Tulsa. They could not move the ball at all today. Lost straight up as a -10 close.

Cocks 2H -6 -105

Saw it drop to 5.5 for a sec and missed it. I don't want to lose any more money with these guys but an INT and missed FG and down 6

I thought about taking that 2nd half -6, stayed away, but that was some game winning drive..first by them, then by your guys. A 1 pt win on that hit for you right?

I thought about taking that 2nd half -6, stayed away, but that was some game winning drive..first by them, then by your guys. A 1 pt win on that hit for you right?
Yea the one point win hit for me but whew that was ugly getting there. Also was going to throw more on it but just couldn't stomach it. Didn't think our kicker had the nuts to hit that winner.

Back