ksimpsc cfb week 1

ksimpsc

Pretty much a regular
Been out of town and it's been a long summer so a bit late to the show. Hope everyone had a good summer and their body is ready for some football.

Glad to be part of this fine site with fine people posting plays and always good discussion. I used to play a lot of jenk too but I am trying to discipline away from that mess this year.

All plays 1 unit unless marked otherwise

Plays locked:
3u UMass -1.5
3u BC -3 push
3u Kentucky -10
2u Cal +12.5
2u Troy +10.5
2u Iowa-12
Vandy -3
Cocks +7

Washington -27.5
Cal/UNC O56.5
Lou/Purdue O68
MiaOH/Marshall O46
.5u Cocks +225

2u ODU -20
2u JMU -1.5
2u Iowa St -9.5

2u Grambling +14.5
Kansas -29.5

SE Lou +14.5
Tx St -16.5
K St -25.5
New mex -34

3u 2H USC/NCSt O27.5
2u 2H Lou TT O21

.5u parlay BC -183, Iowa -500, Kentucky -420, Vandy -160, VT -192 wins 2.25u

I like Troy and am considering some more on that. I will also sprinkle some more plays over the next day. I will finally be back in town tomorrow afternoon.

Gamecocks in a wet neutral field game against a good defense has me a big concerned but I am hopeful for the year as it can't get much worse. BOL to all and hope you make some moneys.

Last edited:
Thanks pressUP, lets do this!

Totals:
Cal/UNC O56.5
Lou/Purdue O68
MiaOH/Marshall O46

.5u parlay BC -183, Iowa -500, Kentucky -420, Vandy -160, VT -192 wins 2.25u

Thoughts on Cocks game:

I was expecting there to be rain today but looks like it will hold off. The team is going to be much improved this year, but our schedule is also a lot more difficult. The hope is for a solid 6-6 season with some upside if we can win a few tough games. Obviously Bentley is the big turn around for this team towards the end of last year, and there have been a lot of good coverage of him in the offseason. The skill positions around him are pretty set and when he was healthy we saw Debo make a big impact. TE have hurst and a few young players stepping up including August. Runners have multiple starters named but I would look for dowdle to come out with most of the carries especially how he did last year. Line up to 6.5 and if it hits 7 for me I am definitely taking it.

Shit weather game would not favor the cocks, and even with a clean game it will be tough sledding. I think our offense will get some production, I am hoping our defense has improved as much as we think.

GL simp...definitely leaning your boys today if it hits 7 and because I am never going to trust State laying larger numbers when I don't one hundred percent trust them to not have one lull defensively today. Good buddy of mine and his wife live in Raleigh and I worked in Charlotte doing sports for 3 years....State is what state is...always fighting for respect but never being able to 100% put it all together. BOL my friend.

BOL today, I have no idea but would like to see USC pull this out , so I'm teasing it up with UNC and West Va

GL simp...definitely leaning your boys today if it hits 7 and because I am never going to trust State laying larger numbers when I don't one hundred percent trust them to not have one lull defensively today. Good buddy of mine and his wife live in Raleigh and I worked in Charlotte doing sports for 3 years....State is what state is...always fighting for respect but never being able to 100% put it all together. BOL my friend.
Very torn on the game for me. If you are taking SC here it is on the assumption that certain parts of the team got bettter. And it is nearly impossible to tell for these units. The big concern with a good QB like Bentley is can we protect him, and our OLine is supposed to be better this year but hard to quantify how much better if better at all. Same thing for the defense. Our Dline is still one of the worst in the country. Just so many things up in the air for me not sure what I want to do.

I liked VKs approach of under 53, but with the day looking more clear I could also see that going over pretty easily. Generally cocks games early in the season are rather sluggish and ugly but if Bentley did get protected and was allowed to work some that number is not unattainable. That coupled with what I don't think will be a much better defense gives me pause.

Interesting to see the cocks line close 7.5/50some big money may have slapped that under for a 3 pt drop pretty quickly

2u Iowa St -9.5
2u Grambling +14.5
Kansas -29.5
SE Lou +14.5
Tx St -16.5
K St -25.5
New mex -34

I am torn on whether I would make that 2nd half wager again or not. Maybe an outside perspective could weigh in. I am leaning towards yes because I expected 14 out of Cocks and feel like in a way that still delivered. First TD is legit, second on a turn over but over the last few years we have been notorious for converting on turnovers. I thought the defense over performed from expectations so one short field conversion fields fair. So I expected 14 from Wolfpack who solidly out gained us.

Edit. I do feel muschamps play calling tightened up in the fourth after we were up two scores rather than if the game was tied at 35 midway through the 4th and or were going tot for tat with scoring throughout the second half like the first.

Back