KP to be traded??

The Knicks’ problems just got a whole lot worse.
In the midst of a 10-40 season, the Knicks held hope for better days when Kristaps Porzingis returned from his ACL tear, but now the Latvian star has worries about the franchise before he even gets back on the court.
Porzingis met with Knicks management Thursday and “expressed his concern with the losing, franchise direction and an uncertainty that a culture is developing that will enable sustainable organizational success,” ESPN reported.
It remains to be seen whether Porzingis plays at all this season. He is expected to be re-evaluated in mid-February.
Porzingis had a mini-controversy with David Fizdale in November, when the first-year Knicks head coach said the 23-year-old forward hadn’t begun sprinting as part of his rehab. Hours later, Porzingis went on Instagram to post pictures of himself sprinting on a track, with another of UFC lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov that included the caption, “This is number one bulls–t.”
Fizdale said the next day that the two had cleared the air, but the Knicks have had plenty of problems since.
Enes Kanter has been in a battle with Fizdale over playing time and going public with his desire to get out of town if he’s not included in the team’s youth movement. Tim Hardaway Jr. and Allonzo Trier added to the drama last week, when the rookie took to social media to throw Hardaway under the bus for defensive coverage that lost them the game against the Rockets.
Porzingis, meanwhile, has had his name surface in trade rumors for Anthony Davis, though ESPN reported earlier on Thursday that he is unlikely to be part of a package this summer because he will be a restricted free agent and “reluctant” to agree to a sign-and-trade.

He’s restricted and his stock about as low as it’s ever been. Knicks not trading him, he can whine about whatever he wants. His options are a 1/4.5 QO or a 5/160 deal from the Knicks this summer, his choice.

that didnt take long

knicks get the guy they shoulda gotten in draft, jackson the moron passed on....Smith Jr. BUT...knicks will forever be a mess

Mavs look pretty good though here imo....Over the past 7 months, the Mavs turned: Trae Young, 2019 protected first, Dennis Smith Jr., expiring contracts of DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews to Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis

The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to a trade with the New York Knicks for All-Star forward Kristaps Porzingis, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Thursday.
The trade also includes the Knicks sending Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Mavericks in return for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Wojnarowski. The deal may also include draft assets, sources said.
The Mavs are working to acquire a first-round pick to include in the deal, sources told ESPN's Tim MacMahon. They owe their own protected first-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks as part of the draft-night trade to acquire Luka Doncic.
Jordan and Matthews both have expiring contracts.
Earlier Thursday, Porzingis met with Knicks meeting and left franchise officials with the impression that he wanted to be traded, league sources told ESPN.
Porzingis can be a restricted free agent this summer.
There's been a strong disconnect between Porzingis and Knicks management in recent years, and it culminated in Thursday's meeting. He expressed concerns on the state of the franchise and his future with the organization, sources said.
The Knicks (10-40) have struggled without the 23-year-old Porzingis, who has been sidelined for nearly a year with an ACL injury. He was evaluated in January by the team's medical staff, which confirmed his knee is healing well.
He recently worked out with a coach on the court for roughly 45 minutes. The workout included Porzingis shooting pull-up 3-pointers and dunking.
Porzingis was averaging a career-best 22.7 points per game before he was lost with a left knee injury during a breakout All-Star season in 2017-18. He also was averaging 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game.
Porzingis and his brother Janis, who is his agent, met with Knicks management on Thursday morning and discussed his frustration with the franchise's losing, its past dysfunction and his own uncertainty over creating sustainable organizational success, sources said.
Porzingis, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2015 NBA draft, has wanted to play for a winner with the Knicks, but he has been searching for clarity on his future role with the team and the franchise's direction.

Last edited:
To me, it means that Porzingis said "I don't want to be here." in that meeting. I think Durant is too smart to go to that dumpster fire franchise. Adding to that, by bringing in DeAndre and Matthews, they are actually hurting their chances to get Zion.

To me, it means that Porzingis said "I don't want to be here." in that meeting. I think Durant is too smart to go to that dumpster fire franchise. Adding to that, by bringing in DeAndre and Matthews, they are actually hurting their chances to get Zion.

Thought the exact same thing at first, but after reading a little more here’s what this trade comes down to.

Knicks needed a partner to take Hardaway’s salary so they can sign 2 Max FA’s come July 1st. They must think they have a KD and friend pairing they’re giving max deals to...to go along with a top 3 pick and a healthy Smith Jr.

Problem is they’re the worst run franchise in the league and Jimmy Dolan could fuck up a wet dream he’s so incompetent.

NYK don’t get 2 top FA signings this summer they’ve set their franchise back another 10 years...

Dallas with 2 euros under 25 gonna be a real thing come next year. Mark them on the “fun as hell” to watch list.

Kind of annoyed to hear that other teams didn’t even hear about this. I was worried it was too quick. Not sure why they rushed it.
But getting rid of Hardaway and his contract has a lot of Knicks fans very happy. That was huge.
And don’t forget, before the Kp injury he was struggling badly to adjust to the defensive book that was now out on him. Play him physical. He was putting up dud after dud. Whether or not he’s injury prone is also still a possibility.
Im ok w Kp trading I’m just not sure they took their time to get the best deal. And Dennis Smith Jr, still don’t see the appeal of that kid.

Back