Kobe's words about tonight vs the Wizards

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
this is on his blog at KB24.com

just thought some of you fellas who are playing the Mamba vs Agent 0 angle would like to see this...

Black Mamba said:
Life on the road
The road is where you really grow as a team.

It's been a hard start but we have to remain determined to win at all costs.

At this time is when I usually would take matters into my own hands, but if WE truly want to get to the next level then WE have to overcome this challenge.

It's hard on the road, I miss my family so much and we are only in the beginning of the trip!

I'm already tired of hotel food and I'm craving a caramel/peanut apple not to mention my wife's pancakes, bacon and eggs with cream of wheat and orange juice!

I'm a huge Potter fan, so to pass time I've been reading "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix". I just finished it last night and now I'm starting "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" . I'm not a big reader, in fact that book is by far the biggest book I have ever read!!! But it became a challenge to finish it!!! Not to mention its a GREAT book.

Big game vs the Wizards next.

Let's see if we can't have a better showing then we did Friday.

Should be a fun game. Not trippin on the Arenas thing, individual duels don't exite me any more, staying focused on winning titles does!!!

Stay up, stay cool.

Holla at you all later

Strength and Honor,
Mamba

Not making a prediction here. Just...for what it's worth.

Looks like as far as individual scoring goes, Arenas is way more psyched than Kobe is... I read some comments about Arenas saying he's bringing Hibachi back for this game, LOL

Thanks for the All-Star Votes
I want to say thank you.

What I’m going to do is actually, I ordered 100 All-Star jerseys that says “Agent Zero” on the back and I’m giving them out to the fans.
It’s the first start in Vegas, on the West Coast, but just getting the starting position … I don’t care if it was in Wisconsin. It doesn’t matter. I’m just grateful.
How I Heard the News
I was sleeping with my daughter and I got a call.

They told me that I might have won. They was 95 percent sure that I won, but they still didn’t know yet, they were still calculating the numbers.
They said, “We’re 95 percent sure that you overtook Vince Carter.”
So I woke my daughter up and we started dancing.
She was crying because she was still sleepy, but I considered it laughing.
That was unbelievable.
I chopped it up and was like, “Well, it will depend on the coaches again and I think I’ve proven I’m worth it this year.”
But then when I heard…like, thinking about it now still makes me smile.
My Third Selection
I just can’t believe it.

Every All-Star has meant the same to me, because they’ve all been so different.
My first year, I made it, and you know it’s the first one you make and you’re so excited.
Then the next year, I got snubbed and ended up getting put in by the Commissioner so I felt grateful and I enjoyed that one.
And then this year I get voted by the fans and it’s like each one has been so different and so enjoyable.
I Called My Dad
Truthfully, I was so excited, I didn’t even care what he was thinking at the time.

All I did was call him and hit him with a quick, “Haha, I’m a starter,” and clicked off.
I Lost a Tooth vs. Boston
One of the young boys elbowed me in the mouth and smacked my tooth out so I had to go have a veneer put in.

It’s part of the game, so, it happens. I ain’t upset with it. Thanks to the NBA you have a great dental plan.
Can't Stand this Mouth Guard

gilmouth_blog_420.jpg

See me chewing on it?
Ron Turenne/NBAE/Getty Images

Hey man, that mouth guard … I can’t do that.
I’m just going to go back to doing what I’ve been doing.
I played six years in the NBA and my whole life without a mouth guard and I’m just going to go back at it and just playing normal basketball again.
Because, I end up playing with the mouth guard more than anything.
I couldn’t even hear myself. I’m over there slurring and spitting and I was like, “Man, how do guards do this? How can anybody understand them?”
Charles Barkley had one, but Charles Barkley doesn’t call them plays. The only plays he had to call was “four-down” and I don’t think he really had to call that play.
I never really seen a lot of guards wear them. Chauncey wears one. It’s just something you got to get used to and I wasn’t used to it so I was mostly chewing on mine.
Lakers and Kobe Up Next
I’m going back to the Hibachi days.
At the end of the day, hopefully we win. No matter what goes on during the game, we want that win and that’s the most important part about it.

Coach D'Antoni Heard About my Plans for Portland
D'Antoni said that after I scored 54 on them and made my prediction to score 50 on the Blazers that he'd like to see what I'm going to do against Duke.

I thought it was funny because if I have the chance to go back to college, I’ll give up one NBA season to play against Duke.
One college game…that’s five fouls, right?...40-minute game…at Duke, they got soft rims…I’d probably score 84 or 85.
I wouldn’t pass the ball.
I wouldn’t even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person.
My All-Star Starters
West: Steve Nash, Kobe, Tracy, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan
East: Me, Dwyane Wade, LeBron, Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard (because the Diesel’s been out for a while)

good stuff

Star Wars, Episode II
On Dec. 17, Gilbert Arenas scorched Kobe Bryant and the Lakers for 60 points and lifted the Wizards to an overtime victory. Afterward, Bryant said Arenas had "no conscience." The rematch is tonight. What will they do for an encore?

[SIZE=-1]By Michael Lee
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, February 3, 2007; E01
[/SIZE]
It has been circled on the calendar ever since Gilbert Arenas scored 60 points and took a bow, and Kobe Bryant scored 45 points and took what sounded like a swipe at Arenas's career-best night, then said, "See you next time."
Next time is here, tonight at 7 at Verizon Center, and fans in Washington haven't had a more highly anticipated regular season game since Michael Jordan made his home debut for the Wizards in November 2001. The Wizards' game against the Los Angeles Lakers has been sold out for weeks, and some overly ambitious fans are even trying to scalp tickets in the 400 section -- better known as the nosebleed seats -- for more than $250 each.
"I tried to get tickets the other day, because I want to watch the show," Arenas said with a laugh. "Everybody else wants to see it."
They want to see how Bryant responds to Arenas upstaging him in Los Angeles on Dec. 17, when Arenas led the Wizards to a 147-141 victory and set an NBA record by scoring 16 points in the five-minute overtime with Bryant guarding him. And they want to see how Arenas responds to Bryant's comments that he had "no conscience" as a shooter and benefited from making 27 trips to the foul line.
Arenas, the league's second-leading scorer at 29.5 points per game, and Bryant, who ranks fifth at 28.6, have combined for six of the 10 highest-scoring games this season, and both players have recorded three 50-point performances in a 15-game span. They also usually bring out the best in each other. In their last three games against each other, Arenas and Bryant have combined to average 80 points.
Arenas's profile has mushroomed since that night at Staples Center. He has made two game-winning, buzzer-beating, didn't-bother-to-see-them-drop shots. He recently came back from 214,460 votes down to surge past Vince Carter and earn his first all-star start for the Eastern Conference in Las Vegas on Feb. 18. His No. 0 jersey is eighth in sales and he has been mentioned as a candidate for the league's most valuable player award.
Bryant, whose new No. 24 jersey is the league's hottest seller, is a three-time NBA champion and one-time scoring champion. He will make his ninth all-star start after receiving the third-most votes.
This week, both players attempted to play down any possible rivalry and went on to gush about each other. "It's us against the Lakers," Arenas said. "It's not going to be me and him." Asked if the rematch of their Dec. 17 battle carried any special meaning, Bryant shook his head. "That stuff just doesn't excite me anymore," he said. "It just doesn't get me up."
But Wizards forward Caron Butler, who spent a season playing with Bryant in Los Angeles in 2004-05, said he can't imagine that Bryant sees it as just another game. "Oh, he's big into film. I guarantee he's watched it a bunch," he said. "Kobe's the kind of guy who circles the calendar for certain games, and this is one of them."
Bryant, a notorious gunner, repeatedly has said that his words about Arenas's shooting were taken out of context. "That was somebody who just didn't understand the game of basketball and took that and misinterpreted that. Because when I said that, that was a high compliment because there's not too many players around the league that can have that type of explosiveness," Bryant said this week. "So when you say a player doesn't have a conscience, you mean that with the utmost of respect. That means they can go out there and have the confidence to put the ball up and get hot. But they chose to write it and interpret it in a wrong way and they went and ran with it."
Bryant added that he and Arenas have a "mutual respect" for each other. "Everything I hear about him and understand about him is that he's a really hard worker. He puts the time in the gym, much like myself. You can't help but have respect for a player like that. So for somebody to try to create something that's a rift or something like that, just a made-up rift, is a bunch of b.s."
Arenas initially was upset when he heard the "no conscience" comments from a player he reveres -- he ordered a DVD of Bryant's 81-point game against Toronto on Jan. 22, 2006, and Bryant's poster once hung in his bedroom. Five days after his 60-point game against the Lakers, Arenas scored 54 points in Phoenix, declared that he wasn't some mad bomber and that he had replaced his falsetto "hibachi!" with the phrase "quality shots!" whenever he took a jumper. Arenas later said that from a statistical standpoint, "My numbers are blowing his out of the water the first six years in the league."
Arenas, 25, has since backed off from a war of words, saying this week that after speaking with some of Bryant's teammates, he doesn't believe that the 28-year-old Bryant meant anything derogatory. "I didn't take offense to it," Arenas said. "At the end of day, he's my idol. That's who I grew up watching. That's who I grew up trying to be like when I was still in high school. I'm not going to sit here and say: 'Aw man, that's my idol. I'm not going to talk to him no more.' No, I'm a fan. The blood is still good between me and him."
So there won't be a personal battle? "I didn't say that," Arenas said. "I didn't say I won't be in attack mode. I'm going to be in attack mode. You can believe that. It's going to be a good game. He has a reputation he's trying to uphold and everybody is saying, 'What is Gil going to do?' I'm going to do what I've been doing. I'm attacking him."
Bryant said he expects to guard Arenas. "I'm sure I'll be on him a little bit. That's one of the things that was puzzling to me. After the game it was like, 'Gilbert gives Kobe 60.' I didn't even guard Gilbert until overtime. It was pretty silly to me. But that's how it goes. That's how it is."

what the fuck is Gilbert smoking?

He already played DUKE and they beat his ass in the Finals in '01. Is this idiot smoking crack? HE LOST TO DUKE ALREADY!

Duke beat you fool!

Remember the game....

Duke 82 Zona 72?

I was there in Minny, you lost. Get over it you ignorant bitch/

And that is why he would give up one NBA season to play Duke again. Do you not realize that.

And that is why he would give up one NBA season to play Duke again. Do you not realize that.

Exactly. C'mon now Scrouge...did Gilbert do something salty to you while you were in college? lol

Gil was injured that game

This should be great. Personally I am rooting for Gilbert. The man has game. Kobe does amazing things but he has the body to do so. Arenas is just pure offense. Its like who do you root for Pedro in his prime or Unit? For me its Pedro cause he is doing it the hard way so to speak....I justthink this line is abit high with Jamison Out...

Played Kobe over 30.5 for half a dime in local book. Regardless of what he said on his blog, he will look for a statement performance tonight. After his poor shooting last night I like this one even more.

Played Kobe over 30.5 for half a dime in local book. Regardless of what he said on his blog, he will look for a statement performance tonight. After his poor shooting last night I like this one even more.
GA 82pts 2nite+GW

Back