KOBE WANTS to be traded

unless he gets traded to the mavs whoever he goes to is not going to be in any better shape to make a run for the title then the lakers. Teams will have to give up too much to get him and once again he will find himself in the same boat he is with the lakeshow right now.

Question though if your the Blazers or Sonics do you trade your draft pick for Kobe?

most definately trade the draft pick, but they will have to give up a bunch more. kobe is light years better than anyone coming out of college.

You have to send him to the Eastern Conference if you're the Lakers.

Not to go all conspiracy on it, as I heard Kobe yesterday and he did sound genuine. But Kobe going to the East would really help balance out the league a little bit, especially after the two big guns in the draft go west.

I also hate to say it, because part of me really doesn't like Kobe, but one of the best places for him would be NY.

Either there, Chicago, or maybe Jersey.

The problem with all this is, it doesn't really matter if Kobe wants to be traded-either way, the Lakers are only going to make a deal if it helps hem out. The only way I could really see them thinking that a deal helps them out, long term, is if they think that they can build around Andrew Bynum if they add a PG or a piece down low. I can't really see how the Knicks or Nets have what it takes to get it done...Chicago certainly would be an interesting idea...and obviously Boston ends up in every conversation, but I'm not sure Kobe is a great fit there.

Well, the Knicks are a complete and total mess, so as much as I'd like to see it in some ways, I can't see it happening.

I think the Nets could maybe get it done--though they'd have to really ship some pieces off, and some draft picks.

You're right about it needing to be good for the Lakers, but right now the Lakers are going nowhere. Kobe is their team and, unlike LeBron, he's not in the Eastern Conference where one guy can get you all the way to the Conference Finals.

The West is crowded, it's only going to get moreso after the draft. It almost makes sense for the Lakers to go super young, but you're right, you almost never get full value trading superstars. So the Lakers are in kind of a s**tty position. But they put themselves there in many ways.

Joe I agree the nba would be stronger if they got Kobe over to the East it would balance out the power a little more.

I think a good trade partner for the lakers would be minnesota and it pairs kobe with another superstar who would not mind all the spotlight on kobe in KG.

Perhaps the 7th overall pick this year along with Foye gets the deal done, gives the lakers a young nucleus and gives KG his best shot at getting to the finals.

The other option is kobe for Dirk straight up, would you pull the trigger on that deal?

If I were Dallas, hell yes I'd do that deal.

Would you do it if you were L.A.? I don't know.

If I were Minny I'd do it too. You'd keep KG, you'd get two guys who want to play together, together.

It really does become the major/junior circuit then, though.

Look at all the talent in the Western Conference. I can almost guarantee you that Denver would have pushed for a spot in the EC Finals this year. They may have been beaten by a Detroit or a Chicago or something like that, but they would have gone a hell of a lot farther than they did in the West where they only won one playoff game.

If Minny was to get that much better, you'd have teams in the West missing the playoffs that had dramatically better records than probably three or four playoff teams in the East.

I can't imagine LA would take Foye and pick 7 for Kobe. If they would, then I think you could definitely find a trade scenario to get Kobe to just about any team.

As a Celtics fan, I'd love to see something like West, Green, Ratliffs exp contract, and pick 5 for Kobe...but I just don't know if thats enough. I'm pretty sure West and Green is more valuable than Foye, though...and I'm positive that pick 5 is more valuable than pick 7.

once a player lets it known he wants to be trades, the GM is in no position to bargain ie Vince Carter

apples and oranges to overall talent but still what they can get is diminished drastically

I can't imagine LA would take Foye and pick 7 for Kobe. If they would, then I think you could definitely find a trade scenario to get Kobe to just about any team.

Minny might have to throw in another draft pick next year to make it work and/or another player or two. In essence though Kobe is the one demanding the trade which like Santa mentioned it greatly diminishes laker front office bargaining power, at least in that trade its maybe 50-75 cents on the dollar which is rare when superstars are traded.

Look at all the talent in the Western Conference. I can almost guarantee you that Denver would have pushed for a spot in the EC Finals this year. They may have been beaten by a Detroit or a Chicago or something like that, but they would have gone a hell of a lot farther than they did in the West where they only won one playoff game.

If Minny was to get that much better, you'd have teams in the West missing the playoffs that had dramatically better records than probably three or four playoff teams in the East.

Could you imagine? You would not even need the East for the next 4-5 years especially with the West getting both of the top picks this year. Stern is going to have to get his hands dirty and finagle some sort of trade of Kobe to an Eastern conference team.

once a player lets it known he wants to be trades, the GM is in no position to bargain ie Vince Carter

apples and oranges to overall talent but still what they can get is diminished drastically

you guys are forgetting this part. kobe is gonna be cheaper to get now.

ai got philla ... andre miller, and that other guy i cant recall off top of my head

76ers have 3 1st round picks this year to play with as far as trade bait goes

Now that would be something, doubt it happens but if it did, lot of philly fans would be eating crow for all the constant booing they give that guy whenever he plays in that city. What did he do to spark all the bad blood between him and the fans in that city?

I wish I knew more about the rules of trading in the NBA, but I'm 99.999% sure that it's impossible to trade Kobe for a draft pick or a draft pick + 1 rookie, or even 3 draft picks or 5 rookies... That's just not how it works.

There are certain guidelines that teams have to follow to balance the talent so that nobody can "take advantage" of the other teams. Meaning, teams like the Knicks and Lakers can't just go knock on the Bucks' door and pilfer their roster knowing that they probably might not care if they have a winning product that particular year.

So, basically, a high probability team that fits into the equation is New York. They have a lot of player salaries that make it realistic to trade for Kobe. Do the Lakers want ANY of those players? I think not. But, if they have to trade him, then I don't know. I know I'd do everything in my power not to trade him. You'll just never get proper value based on the how the current system works.

Here's a good site about some of the rules in place that affect trades and Free agents: http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

If the Suns were smart they would give up Barbosa, Marion, and Diaw for him. Pay the luxury tax for 3 years to win 3 championships.

Can't stand the guy but wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sixer jersey...

...can't believe I just said that.

Which team will Kobe Bryant be traded to?
If Kobe Bryant is not traded by November 1st, 2007 all wagers are no action. Any wagers placed after outcome becomes public knowledge will be graded as No Action. No Parlays. Max $100
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Boston Celtics

</TD><TD>20/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Boston Celtics to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336282 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Chicago Bulls

</TD><TD>3/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Chicago Bulls to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336174 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Dallas Mavericks

</TD><TD>4/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Dallas Mavericks to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336175 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Denver Nuggets

</TD><TD>18/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Denver Nuggets to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336283 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Golden State Warriors

</TD><TD>10/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Golden State Warriors to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336177 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Houston Rockets

</TD><TD>15/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Houston Rockets to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336284 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Los Angeles Clippers

</TD><TD>7/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Los Angeles Clippers to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336179 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Miami Heat

</TD><TD>25/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Miami Heat to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336180 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Minnesota Timberwolves

</TD><TD>6/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Minnesota Timberwolves to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336181 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>New Jersey Nets

</TD><TD>12/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on New Jersey Nets to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336188 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>New York Knicks

</TD><TD>11/2 <INPUT title="Click to bet on New York Knicks to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336183 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Phoenix Suns

</TD><TD>7/2 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Phoenix Suns to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336184 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Portland Trailblazers

</TD><TD>9/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Portland Trailblazers to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336185 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Utah Jazz

</TD><TD>12/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Utah Jazz to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336186 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Field (Any Other Team)

</TD><TD>7/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Field (Any Other Team) to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2336187 name=lineID>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

how about the atl, #3 and 11 picks this year. joe johnson, smith, couple of williams's? the hawks could build ala toronto with foreign talent, good defense and good shooting and you'd get kobe vs. shaq all season.

The Clippers at 7-1??? I'd lay my life on the fact that Kobe won't get traded to the Clippers. That's hilarious.

nice prop, i'd have to consider taking the field: philly, atl, det and alot of eastern conference teams, the rest of the options are mostly western conference teams and "no way east" teams like mia (think anyone in mia wants wade for kobe) new york (nothing to offer) boston (little to offer) and new jersey (only have "win now" talent, which lakers don't need if they ain't got kobe)

how about the atl, #3 and 11 picks this year. joe johnson, smith, couple of williams's? the hawks could build ala toronto with foreign talent, good defense and good shooting and you'd get kobe vs. shaq all season.

That is a ridiculous amount, I'd be 100% against that. There is no way in hell they go after Kobe, although it would reunite Kobe and Lue, haha. If they did that, they still would't have a PG or Center, and you'd be losing the two best players presently on the team. If the Bulls giving Duhon, Gordon and the #9 is a realistic offer, than giving up JJ, Josh Smith and a pick is completley ridiculous

Kobe's stock is very high. I can see a sign and trade with Lewis and the #2 pick going to the Lakers for Kobe. It would save the Sonics franchise and allow them to stay in Seattle. Kobe could play next to Ray Allen. The Lakers would then get Lewis and Durant. I'm sure they'd still be able to fill seats with Durant coming in.

The Bulls would need to give up Ty Thomas to get him. Boston would need to give up Jefferson. The Mavs would need to package Terry AND Harris. Suns would need to give up Amare. Portland IMO has nothing to offer LA except the #1 pick, and there is no way they are giving that up!

I actually think Portland has enough to offer the Lakers, but I doubt they head in that direction. I think Portland is content with their direction and more importantly, I don't think the Lakers wanna give him to a conference rival. The Bulls could also do it, and they have a few combos they could work with. It seems like a probably fit, but again, the Bulls seem content in their situation as well. To be fair, they can't sign all that young talent, so a trade could be in order. Better to have one superstar than 3 sm'all stars' in terms of the salary cap.

I don't think Kobe will want to go to Chicago to play in Jordan's shadows. I'd actually say there is a 1% chance he'd go to Chicago.

Did I just hear he dosent want to be traded again

The wheels have come off this thing in L.A. He's on like every station every hour saying slightly different things. First it's he doesn't want to be here, then it's he wants to be a Laker for life, but he's been disrespected.

the f**king Lakers' flagship radio station is now going to commercials saying they're "Your Kobe station. Your Lakers station."

It's ridiculous. I've stopped listening.

Did I just hear he dosent want to be traded again

The wheels have come off this thing in L.A. He's on like every station every hour saying slightly different things. First it's he doesn't want to be here, then it's he wants to be a Laker for life, but he's been disrespected.

the f**king Lakers' flagship radio station is now going to commercials saying they're "Your Kobe station. Your Lakers station."

It's ridiculous. I've stopped listening.

You were dead on last night, Joe, when we were discussing what his publicist was thinking. This guy really is a moron.

i dont understand how you can say the suns would have to give up amare for him. what if they give up marion, barbosa, and diaw or you could take diaw out throw in their first rounders this year or atlanta's conditional first round draft pick next year in the deal. they could even put marcus banks in the deal and his expiring contract. that would mean the lakers would have barbosa, marion, diaw, odom, and bynum in their starting 5 next year with walton, farmar and whoever else coming off the bench. the only problem with this deal is kobe going to the west and the suns having a starting lineup of nash, kobe, bell, amare, and whoever the hell else you want to plug in and they win the championship.

i dont understand how you can say the suns would have to give up amare for him. what if they give up marion, barbosa, and diaw or you could take diaw out throw in their first rounders this year or atlanta's conditional first round draft pick next year in the deal. they could even put marcus banks in the deal and his expiring contract. that would mean the lakers would have barbosa, marion, diaw, odom, and bynum in their starting 5 next year with walton, farmar and whoever else coming off the bench. the only problem with this deal is kobe going to the west and the suns having a starting lineup of nash, kobe, bell, amare, and whoever the hell else you want to plug in and they win the championship.

I think you have to ask yourself if you were the Lakers would YOU actually do that deal? Marion is getting older, Diaw is a solid role player, and Barbosa has yet to play a full year as a NBA starter, and had a really bad playoffs.

You were dead on last night, Joe, when we were discussing what his publicist was thinking. This guy really is a moron.

Thanks. I'll tell you, were I his publicist at this point I might have locked myself in a room with a bottle of tequila and a box of vicodin under the hopes that once I regained consciousness it might all have blown over.

You know, it's funny how things that seem to be totally unrelated can end up being tied together. I was just responding to a post about Al Gore, and you know what, Kobe has a similar issue, it's a perception thing.

One interview and he can come off passionate, concerned, genuine, someone you can relate to. Twenty-four hours and two interviews later he comes off as emotionally unstable and a nutcase.

The thing yesterday, at best should have been a one-time deal from a PR perspective. If you're going to let him or advise him to do what he did yesterday, you drop all that on the press and the team and then you just be quiet, you let the team respond.

You do not do it again the next day with mixed messages, suddenly the story isn't about how f**ked up the Lakers are--and it's now painfully obvious that the Lakers' front office is a clusterf**k--now the story is about you, you nutjob.

But his people must be out to lunch, or maybe they were out drinking with Jerry Buss last night and haven't woken up yet.

You cannot count out Colangelo. He's in Toronto loving this right now. He made a push for Kobe in Phoenix and he will make a move in the off-season. Im sure he will place a call to Buss, something along the lines of:

"I hear Kobe would rather play on Pluto than for you. I got an idea; lets send him to Toronto; its just as good. That'll really show Kobe."

You guys hear them talking about this in the Spurs pregame, I think it might have been Stephen A. (shockingly) that pointed out how frustrated he must be with the teams direction. They're building around Kobe and Andrew Bynum??, haha, I know that would piss me off; is he still 19?... Something huge is gonna happen in LA one way or another, it's gonna be a fun offseason

I dont see them trading Kobe. There is no one better to be the LA Superstar than Kobe right now. Lakers management needs to fix this. I am 99% sure Kobe does NOT leave from other interviews on Local radio AM 570. Lakers need to Give Kobe a call and explain their position and then go get Jerry West and things will be fine. Lakers Management is f**ked up right now. Its nothing that cant be fixed but Lakers have to take action and not just let this blow over. They need to make moves.

Back