KOBE SUSPENDED Tuesday...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
I know a lot of you guys are betting the Fakers/Knicks OVER.

Not sure if you want to now that he is suspended tonight. But I will probably bite at the reduced number (and take LA too) because I love betting against injuries and suspensions...

:shake:

not good, not good. gunna hafta try to middle. let's see what the spreads look like when they come back.

Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers has been suspended one game without pay for striking San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili in the face, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred on Sunday, Jan. 28 with 2.7 remaining in the fourth period of the Lakers 96-94 (OT) loss to the Spurs at Staples Center. Bryant will serve his suspension tonight when the Lakers play the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden

Thats weird. It wasn't an intentional thing. I didn't think anything of it when I was watching the game

lmao .. manu went down to a knee like jenna jameson

Kobe is a lil bitch on the court i remember when he clocked mikey miller as well

He is still my fav player though

OK took Lakers plus 105 on the Moneyline. New word I'm hearing is that Kobe is APPEALING his suspension. If he is reinstated, then the Lakers will be favored again and I will take plus-money back on the Knicks... then I will have made roughly enough money to buy Outback and a few pitchers of beer, hahahahaha

yea kobe is gettin shafted by the league

ANyone read the article on wade defending all of the ft attempts he gets a game

looked intentional to me.. that is in no way a regular follow through... his arm went right at manu and quick too

Players association officials said it was highly unusual, if not unprecedented, for a player to be suspended for inadvertent contact.
"We're asking for an immediate hearing, and given Kobe's availability in New York, he's offered to meet with the commissioner or appropriate league officials to review the tape and explain what happened," union spokesman Dan Wasserman said. "Kobe can be at the league office on literally 10 to 15 minutes notice."

I thought there was NO appeal process in the NBA. Thats why Melo didnt pursue it. From my understanding there is no chance or very little he plays tonite.

There are appeal procedures in place under the CBA, it's just a question as to how effective they are for players. For example, if a fine of $50,000 or a supension of 12 games or less is imposed by the commish, the appeal is heard by Stern himself without arbitration. As a player, you would really have to ask yourself whether it is worth the trouble to appeal to the very person who imposed the fine/suspension.

In Melo's case, he would have had the benefit of an arbitrator to hear the grievace as his suspension was above 12 games. It is difficult to know whether he could have had the suspension reduced, but the Players Association felt the suspension could have been reduced based on the fact that the arbitrator who heard the Detroit/Indy grievance reduced O'Neal's suspension from 25 to 15 games.

Back