Kobe has torn ligament in thumb

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
Doctors are recommending surgery which will put him out for 6 weeks

Kobe hopes to delay surgery till the offseason....

My first reaction: ouch. Man, that sounds painful.

But beyond that, couldn't he have the surgery now and be back for the playoffs?

they are only up 3 games on the rockets... kobe missin 6 weeks might = missin playoffs

Really? You don't think this team can hang on, they should be getting Bynum back relatively soon, right?

I'd think between him and Gasol they could still keep the ship afloat.

Now, I understand from the standpoint of continuity, but if your thumb's f**ked up, how effective can you really be?

they are only up 3 games on the rockets... kobe missin 6 weeks might = missin playoffs

Really? You don't think this team can hang on, they should be getting Bynum back relatively soon, right?

I'd think between him and Gasol they could still keep the ship afloat.

Now, I understand from the standpoint of continuity, but if your thumb's f**ked up, how effective can you really be?

What I've heard on local radio in LA is that Bynum's knee is still swollen, so he hasn't even begun any rehab on the knee. He may be out longer than the initial 8 weeks from the injury date.

yeah the west is so competitive that a 3 game losing streak can potentially put you in the 9th spot. check out the east vs. the west. Denver, G.S., and Houston all 32-20 holding on to the 8th spot. While 32-20 would make you a 3 seed in the east.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings

He was very effective last couple of games, but the question is whether he can play like that for the next 4 months. Surgery would mess up many things, not only Lakers playoff position, but also without him the team will have to reshuffle once more and would come into playoffs with Kobe, Gasol and Bynum spent very little time on court together. But if it's the only way, what can you do...

yah its the pinky, on his shooting hand.

"My current thinking is to give my finger some treatment and rest for a few days, and hope I can still continue to compete at a high level after that rest," Bryant said in a statement. "I would prefer to delay any surgical procedure until after our Lakers season, and this summer's Olympic Games. But, this is an injury that myself and the Lakers' medical staff will just have to continue to monitor on a day-to-day basis."

get a robotic pinky similiar to the robotic arm will smith had in i robot ...

Dirk is replacing him in the 3 shootout but he will play in the AllStar game.
The question is how much.

I sure hope he can play through it. NBA playoffs would not be the same without him!!!

Back