KLM Open

LeRinkRat

Pretty much a regular
KLM Open September 13th thru 16th
@ the par 71 The Dutch GC, Spijk, Netherlands

last season @ same course
winner [-15] Romain Wattle
solo 2nd [-14] Austin Connelly
tied 3rd [-13] George Coetzee, Eddie Pepperell, Lee Westwood, Sebastian Heisele, Joel Stalter, Justin Walters
tied 9th [-12] Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Joakim Lagergrin, Matt Wallace, Chris Wood

NO Dutchman Joost Luiten (wrist surgury) NO three time winner this season Matt Wallace (pre-tourney WD)
NO real "name" Euro Tour players this week.

really the only "action" this week with the PGA taking a break between the BMW Championship and TOUR Championship FedEx final. first round play on Golf Channel Thursday 12:30pm to 5:30pm eastern time (probably record-delayed as the first tee time 1:45am and final 8:45am eastern) :(

favorites
Lee Westwood 17-1
Eddie Pepperell 18-1
Chris Wood 25-1
Ryan Fox 25-1
Mike Lorenzo-Vera 30-1
Andy Sullivan 30-1
Kiradech Aphibarnrat 30-1
Thomas Detry 30-1

my "to win" bets this week (bet/return)
Jorge Campillo 60-1 (8.50/518.50) solo 55th European Masters [+2] solo 3rd Irish [-13] T-8th Open de France [-4] T-3rd China Open [-16] T-5th Open de Espana [-15] T-4th Oman [-11] solo 2nd Maybank [-19]
Hideto Tanihara 60-1 (8.50/518.50) T-6th European Masters [-10] 2nd round leader [-9] T-5th European Open [-9]
Phachara Khongwatmai 60-1 (8.50/518.50) T-8th European Masters [-9] T-12th Denmark [-13] T-9th Czech Masters [-12]
Mikko Korhonen 75-1 (7/532) T-45th European Masters [-1] T-2nd BMW International [-9] WIN Shot Clock Masters Austria [-16]
Gavin Green 80-1 (6.50/526.50) T-12th European Masters [-7] solo 3rd Czech Masters [-17]
Lucas Hebert 80-1 (6.50/526.50) solo 5th Nordia [-11] T-3rd Sicilian Open [-15]
Pablo Larrazabal 80-1 (6.50/526.50) T-16th European Masters [-6] T-4th Indian Open [-7] T-4th Qatar [-15] T-3rd Maybank [-18]
Richard McEvoy 80-1 (6.50/526.50) T-16th European Masters [-6] WIN European Open [-11] WIN Le Vaudreuil (Challenge Tour) [-18]

tourney match plays available
@ Westgate
Thomas Detry -110 vs Soren Kjeldsen -110
Ryan Fox [-110] -120 vs Chris Wood [-110] even
Eddie Pepperell +105 vs Lee Westwood -125
Erik Van Rooyen even vs Andy Sullivan -120
Jordan L Smith +105 vs Joakim Lagergren -125
Jorge Campillo -110 vs Nino Bertasio -110

@ William-Hill
Thomas Detry -105 vs Soren Kjeldsen -115
Mike Lorenzo-Vera -115 vs Andy Sullivan -105
Erick Van Rooyen +105 vs Kiradech Aphibarnrat -125
Ryan Fox -110 vs Chris Wood -110
Eddie Pepperell +110 vs Lee Westwood -130

did NOT play any tourney match plays after the WRECK I had the last two tourneys. Erik Van Rooyen is interesting BUT he is a final round CHOKE who blew a 5 shot 3rd round lead last week to Chris Wood. also like Jorge Campillo BUT "George" been flat lately after his excellent early and mid season play. also like Detry BUT was a CUT last week after two good tourneys in Denmark and Sweden and Kjeldsen has had somewhat of a golfing "epiphany" lately

:shake:

well sure glad I did NOT chance any of the tourney match plays I looked at. after the 1st round Chris Wood solo 2nd @ [-6] one behind the ChiCom Ashun Wu leading @ [-7] vs Ryan Fox [-1] and Soren Kjeldsen in the 13 tied 3rd @ [-5] vs Thomas Detry [+3] with Eric Van "Ruin" [+2]. my best "to wins" so far "Little Kong" Phachara Khongwatmai and Richard McEvoy @ [-4] with 11 others. keeps going like this the CUT Friday should be [-1] or [-2]

once again BOTH the Westgate AND William-Hill STIFFED everyone with NO "to win" odds on Ashun Wu this week. they usually have a high number on him in the past :mad:

well out house mouse!!! my boy "Little Kong" Khongwatmai shoots a damn 2nd round [+8] for tourney [+4] CUT Friday and long hitting Gaven Green also a [+3] for [+1] CUT. other notable low odds CUTS Ryan Fox, last weeks solo 3rd place Mike Lorenzo-Vera, Ross Fisher, the Thai "round mound" Kiradech Aphibarnrat and fan favorite Englishman Andy "Beef" Johnston.

Ashun Wu (Who ???) still the leader with a [-5] for [-12]. the 6 foot 9 inch 260 lb Englishman Jonathan Thomson solo 2nd with a [-7] for [-9]. "Big Jon" came close two weeks ago at the Made in Denmark losing to Matt "WALL-E" Wallace in a four way playoff. with really none of my "to win" bets in contention I will be pulling for him to get his first Euro Tour win. at #155 Race to Dubai "Big Jon" needs a WIN or high finish to get close to the #110 CUT for his Euro Tour card next season. Wu's fellow ChiCom Haotong Li [-5] for [-8] tied for 3rd with Scotsman David Drysdale [-6] for [-8]

will see WHAT happens Saturday. the damn Golf Channel once again doing record-delayed coverage starting at 11:30am eastern time with the actual first tee times at 2:30am and the last three, Wu, Thompson and Drysdale going at 6:40am eastern:rolleyes:

3rd round "BOMBS AWAY" at The Dutch!!! the leader Chris Wood with a [-6] for tourney [-13] and a one shot lead over Hideto Tanihara [-8], big Jonathan "Jigger" Thompson [-3] and Ashun Wu [even] for [-12]. Richard McEvoy solo 5th [-7] for [-11]. Padraig Harrington [-6] and David Drysdale [-2] both at [-10] THEN Thomas Detry [-8] and Andy Sullivan [-6] at tourney [-9] with Haotong Li [even] and Jordan L Smith [-3] both at [-8]

with the wicked low scores probably ANYONE [-7] or better has a chance Sunday IF the leaders stumble. NICE to have BOTH my "to win" plays Tanihara and McEvoy close BUT still pulling for "Jigger" because it would be SO HUGE for him. McEvoy WON the European Open in late July when Bryson DeChambeau "blew up" the final round :)

Last edited:
well the ChiCom Ashun Wu (Who ???) birdies #18 to WIN the KLM with a final [-4] for tourney [-16] one up on solo 2nd Chris Wood [-2] for [-15]. Hideto Tanihara [-2] and Thomas Detry [-5] end up tied 3rd at [-14]. my man Jonathan Thompson "blew up" the final with [+3] for [-9] tied 15th. I fear big "Jigger" gonna be playing the Challenge Tour (the European version of the PGA's Web.com) next season. Richard McEvoy also blew the final [+2] for [-9] tied 15th:hang:

turned out IF I had bet my match play "leans" this week I would have gone 4-1 with wins by Detry two over Kjeldsen, Pepperell seven over Westwood, Van Rooyen four over Sullivan and Campillo seven over Bertasio. only loser Fox a CUT vs solo 2nd Wood. GO FIGURE :confused:

next week the Portugal Masters were the "Great Dane" Lucas Bjerregaard shot a final round 65 last season to WIN his first ever Euro Tour event by four shots over Marc Warren and five over Eddie Pepperell and Graeme Storm :)

Last edited:
Back