KJ Champions League/Europa League Phase?

KJ

Bump. Set. Shuma!
The draw is tomorrow, matches won't be released until Saturday and we all know everyone outside of me will be tuned into CFB when they're released. Decided to get my accounting out of the way tonight so I can post the potential losers as quickly as possible Saturday.

CL/Europa Qualifiers: +14.30

9/17

Juventus pk -320 2*
Juventus ML -140

Young Boys pk +245 2*

Young Boys ML +370
AC Milan +.5 -103 2* Bet365
Real Madrid ML/PSG ML parlay -120 4* ESPN

9/18

Club Brugge/Dortmund o2.5 -135 3* ESPN
Man City/Celtic ML parlay -115 3* Bet365
Celtic tt o2.5 -110 2* DK
Celtic tt o3.5 +240 .5* DK

Salzburg +.25 -114 Bet365

Salzburg pk +110 .5* DK
Salzburg ML +205 .5* DK

9/19

Atletico Madrid ML -125 4*

Last edited:
New format leaves a ton to digest so just plucking away at first matches

9/17

Juventus pk -320 2*
Juventus ML -140
Young Boys pk +245 2*
Young Boys ML +370

Plenty of reason to like AC Milan at home v Pool but a lot of time to chew on that one

Bout right, line moved against me on Juve and YB but I'm not so concerned. I really only played them at DK and didn't shop but nonetheless, they moved the other way at DK.

9/17

AC Milan +.5 -103 2* Bet365

New format leaves a ton to digest so just plucking away at first matches

9/17

Juventus pk -320 2*
Juventus ML -140
Young Boys pk +245 2*
Young Boys ML +370

Plenty of reason to like AC Milan at home v Pool but a lot of time to chew on that one

How Champions League Group Stage Qualification Works​

The group stage of the Champions League works under a new format this season which places all 36 teams in one overall league. Each team will play eight matches and the top eight teams in the table will automatically qualify for the round of 16

Teams finishing ninth to 24th will face each other in a two-leg knockout phase play-off.

Teams that finish 25th place or lower will be eliminated, with no access to the UEFA Europa League.

Reactions: KJ

How Champions League Group Stage Qualification Works​

The group stage of the Champions League works under a new format this season which places all 36 teams in one overall league. Each team will play eight matches and the top eight teams in the table will automatically qualify for the round of 16

Teams finishing ninth to 24th will face each other in a two-leg knockout phase play-off.

Teams that finish 25th place or lower will be eliminated, with no access to the UEFA Europa League.
Yeah I got overly caught up on it when I woke up for the draw an hour early lol

My whole thing is that not having return matches really is going to screw with how I cap this shit. It's borderline too much to digest given CFB going through all the changes this year as well. Dealing with both sports at the same time is a brain fry. And it's completely awful for me loving situational capping as my biggest angle. Both sports have in essence ruined a ton of those situations I like to bet on.

All chalk day one, every match was 2+ goals so to hell with trying to get sharp on some dark horse dogs. That didn't work. Best match of the round is Wednesday with EPL winner City and Serie A winner Inter going at it, for some reason CBS Sports is televising Brugge/Dortmund and not the big one so Paramount Plus comes in handy again. I don't like betting on City matches as a fan and Arsenal are on deck Sunday in EPL followed by a Tuesday (yes, one day off) league cup match against Wofford. Hope the focus is there for Inter tomorrow, bunch of piss about the schedule these next ten days. Home Inter Wed, home Arse Sun, home Wofford Tue, away Newcastle Saturday. Thinking that cup game Tuesday will see a load of guys that don't get much time usually.

With all that said, I'm actually going to be on City today. Nothing like getting the best of the 8 teams in your draw at home on matchday numero uno.

9/18

Man City/Celtic ML parlay -115 3* Bet365
Celtic tt o2.5 -110 2* DK
Celtic tt o3.5 +240 .5* DK
Salzburg +.25 -114 Bet365
Salzburg pk +110 .5* DK
Salzburg ML +205 .5* DK

Well KJ I'm 55 minutes into the Salzburg game and I have no idea how these teams got here, worst game I have seen in the last 6 months, only thing worse is than these 2 teams is the ref Rade Obrenovic (Slovenia) quite sure he went to the Micheal Oliver school of officiating, lol. As I type this Sparta with #3 poor poor defending by the Bulls time to switch to the Bologna/Shaktar game.

• Angry
Reactions: KJ
Well KJ I'm 55 minutes into the Salzburg game and I have no idea how these teams got here, worst game I have seen in the last 6 months, only thing worse is than these 2 teams is the ref Rade Obrenovic (Slovenia) quite sure he went to the Micheal Oliver school of officiating, lol. As I type this Sparta with #3 poor poor defending by the Bulls time to switch to the Bologna/Shaktar game.
I've given the Red Bull teams more credit than they deserve in the past but I bet on Salzburg today as a complete fade of Sparta. That backfired obviously.

Just so much feeling out these last couple days. Fortunately I slept through the early turds today.

Salzburg are not at the level they have been the last decade or so.
I think Leipzig has fallen off a bit from where they were a couple years ago as well. Thus the big wager on Atletico tomorrow.

Ironically McLaren just overtook Red Bull for the constructors lead in F1 last weekend after Red Bull had been cruising

Wonder who poisoned the Red Bull! I don't watch MLS but might be time to fade NYRB which is fine by me. Much rather see the City team in NYC control that market anyway.

Back