KJ CFB Week 0 and 1

KJ

Bump. Set. Shuma!
Quite simply this is the least excited I've been for this sport in my life. The can't miss week to week games as a fan where it's typically one and done every week are gone and we get a bunch of playoff games that will ultimately have several double digit point spreads til the final four. This isn't a thread for debate, I know many of you love this. I will miss the incredible letdown angles that likely won't occur anymore because a good team losing will just be a loss when they will likely be able to afford 2-3 of them now. Argue elsewhere, not my thread please. I still miss the BCS...hell I still miss the AP and coaches splitting the championship. This tournament format is what the NFL is for, I now prefer it to CFB but of course there's still action. Just won't be as much of it. I laugh at the idea that some random 10 seed in the playoffs will have a chance in hell at winning the 'ship. Stupid shit.

But enough of that. On to week 0 which I finally looked at lines for the first time today. No futures here, never will play them but I do like those who have the Hawaii RSW over. Haven't thought much beyond that other than I do favor FSU and Miami to potentially win the ACC and get one of those coveted top 4 seeds in the playoff. Beyond that, I hope however it shakes out we avoid replays of regular season games, already annoying enough in those shitty conference championship games.

Week 0

Florida St -10 -121 3*
live Montana St +6.5 -120 4*
live SEMO/Florida A&M ML parlay -110 2*
live Hawaii -38.5 +120 2*
live 1h Hawaii -23.5 +116 (boost) 2*

8/29

NDSU +10 -123 3*
NDSU ML +260
Eastern Illinois +28.5 -115 2* (ESPNBet)

Sac St +3 -108 2*
Sac St ML +136

8/30

Lehigh/Army u47 -108 2* (DK)
Oklahoma -42.5 -110 2*
WMU/Wisconsin u56.5 -105 3*
Stanford +8 -108 2* (DK)

Stanford ML +250 .5* (DK)

8/31

Clemson/UGA o48.5 -110 2* (ESPNBet)
WVU +7.5 -110 2* (DK)
WVU ML +240 .5* (ESPNBet)
VT/Vandy o49.5 -105 (ESPNBet)
UTEP/Nebraska o48.5 -115 2* ESPNBet
Miami FL/Texas A&M ML parlay +186 2* ESPNBet

N Texas +6 -108 2* DK

N Texas ML +180 .5* DK
UC Davis +20.5 -108 2* DK

UC Davis ML +950 .5* DK
UNLV +3.5 -115 2* DK
UNLV ML +140 .5* DK
Fresno St +21 -110 2* DK
Hawaii +14 -115 2* ESPNBet

Hawaii ML +425 .5* ESPNBet

9/1

USC +4 -110 3*
USC ML +160 .5*

live LSU/USC o55.5 -115 2* Caesars

9/2

live 6:25 3rd BC/FSU u43.5 -120 2* Hard Rock

Last edited:
Can't play Montana State at the current number but will certainly look live if UNM score early and I can get them under 7. Like a lower scoring game in Reno but not interested at the current number, everyone on SMU and I get it but I expect UNR to at least try to keep running the ball and the clock as long as it remains competitive, their defense blows but should at least be a bit better than last season that won't take much. If they can keep the ball in front of them, the clock should keep running as well. Another I might try for live if we can get an early score or two. Not even sure whether to lay it with Hawaii or not, will they care when they're up 35-0 at HT?

Quite simply this is the least excited I've been for this sport in my life. The can't miss week to week games as a fan where it's typically one and done every week are gone and we get a bunch of playoff games that will ultimately have several double digit point spreads til the final four. This isn't a thread for debate, I know many of you love this. I will miss the incredible letdown angles that likely won't occur anymore because a good team losing will just be a loss when they will likely be able to afford 2-3 of them now. Argue elsewhere, not my thread please. I still miss the BCS...hell I still miss the AP and coaches splitting the championship. This tournament format is what the NFL is for, I now prefer it to CFB but of course there's still action. Just won't be as much of it. I laugh at the idea that some random 10 seed in the playoffs will have a chance in hell at winning the 'ship. Stupid shit.

But enough of that. On to week 0 which I finally looked at lines for the first time today. No futures here, never will play them but I do like those who have the Hawaii RSW over. Haven't thought much beyond that other than I do favor FSU and Miami to potentially win the ACC and get one of those coveted top 4 seeds in the playoff. Beyond that, I hope however it shakes out we avoid replays of regular season games, already annoying enough in those shitty conference championship games.

Week 0

Florida St -10 -121 3*
I prefer the BCS as well.

Reactions: KJ
OK, jimmy's new "ultra disciplined" approach to CFB betting going to be put to the test for week 0.....

OK, jimmy's new "ultra disciplined" approach to CFB betting going to be put to the test for week 0.....
This should be fun as we go down this path together. I do have targets for each game tomorrow live betting if things play out but pretty sure I'm only sticking to FSU pregame. Well and maybe Hawaii in some form. Not much a fan of teasing CFB but Hawaii could be in play for that. Problem is I refuse to tease totals so there's not much to work with tomorrow.

live Hawaii -38.5 +120 2*

Got a boost from Fanatics so just went with it. Barely awake so can't imagine what Delaware St kids are like right now

Like the under in this last game but figure if it stays under Tree will cover so just in case it turns into a track meet I'll take the points.

Stanford +8 -108 2* (DK)
Stanford ML +250 .5* (DK)

8/31

Clemson/UGA o48.5 -110 2* (ESPNBet)
WVU +7.5 -110 2* (DK)
WVU ML +240 .5* (ESPNBet)
VT/Vandy o49.5 -105 (ESPNBet)

N Texas +6 -108 2* DK
N Texas ML +180 .5* DK
UC Davis ML +950 .5* DK

N Texas +6 -108 2* DK
N Texas ML +180 .5* DK
UC Davis ML +950 .5* DK
Let's go!

Reactions: KJ
UNLV +3.5 -115 2* DK
UNLV ML +140 .5* DK
Fresno St +21 -110 2* DK
Hawaii +14 -115 2* ESPNBet
Hawaii ML +425 .5* ESPNBet

Available everywhere except Fanduel is at 3.5 so I just used ESPNBet for the best available ML I could find. Not much for betting side and total but certainly like the over as well, no reason for me to speculate on suddenly improved defenses against two more than capable offenses. Miller Moss will likely be Riley's next really, really good QB.

9/1

USC +4 -110 3*
USC ML +160 .5*

Back