Kitties -3 @ Hotlanta

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
This seems odd. When was the last time Detroit was a road fav?

Someone talk me out of the kitties -3.

They playd real well in preseason. Yes, thats preseason but its been since 1990 I believe they went 4-0. Believe they went 4-0-1 in 1993 as well. You have to build a winning attitude and that I think they have somewhat. The key is keeping Kitna from running for his life. The new offense helps tha. They will pound the ball into the ground even if it isn't working. Calvin and Roy are going to have HUGE years. They both look exceptional in preseason. I like this defense much more than previous editions. It has more speed than I think I have ever seen in Detroit. The secondary is much improved. Think this team will suprise somewhat this year. I lean to Det at a flat three.

last time ...

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>Sunday 09/18/05</TD><TD class=datacell>@ Chicago </TD><TD class=datacell>L 6-38 </TD><TD class=datacell>Week 2</TD><TD class=datacell>L -1.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 32.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

They playd real well in preseason. Yes, thats preseason but its been since 1990 I believe they went 4-0. Believe they went 4-0-1 in 1993 as well. You have to build a winning attitude and that I think they have somewhat. The key is keeping Kitna from running for his life. The new offense helps tha. They will pound the ball into the ground even if it isn't working. Calvin and Roy are going to have HUGE years. They both look exceptional in preseason. I like this defense much more than previous editions. It has more speed than I think I have ever seen in Detroit. The secondary is much improved. Think this team will suprise somewhat this year. I lean to Det at a flat three.

I am not Mr. Motown like BAR but there defense has shown glimpses in the past few seasons then seemed to get destroyed by injuries . I totally agre with BAR while it was only preseason there defense looked very good and showed depth as the backups seemed to keep the same intensity each game not just some games.

Det is definetly a team on the rise while ATL is falling and fast. There defense looks okay but Hall is gone . The offense has a weak OL , a young QB making his NFL debut and an unproven RB in Turner plus it shed Crumpler @ TE. Good news is Elam is there to attempt FGS.....

Boils down to does ATL have a realistic chance of winning ? Not sure they have much of one ...they only scored 53 pts in preseason ....

Might be a good UNDER...what scares me most about ATL is how do they contain CJ and Roy in the passing game ..:shake:

I agree with some of the ideas stated above.

John Kitna will destroy our secondary.

He will not run for his life our d-line is less then intimidating.

But on the other hand Kitna is a liabiltiy and the Falcons have far more to prove in this one. They are going to be playing their hearts out in this one to win for their new coach and thier new stud qb. M. Turner, aka The Burner, may be unproven, but I could run on that Detroit defense and Norwood should get a lot of opportunites as well. THe falcons will play alot of cover two with their undersized corners, they wont be expected to carry the load against Megatron and Williams. This game will be closer then expected as this is one of the few games the Falcons can win early in their schedule. The team may look like the are falling, but its quite the opposite, there is a renewed feeling of hope with the new coach and revamped offensive squad. I ask how far can the Falcon's fall from the horrible season they had last year.

Long story short I think they compete in this win and squeak out a win in the 4th with a field goal or something like that.

Last edited:
Long story short I think they compete in this win and squeak out a win in the 4th with a field goal or something like that.

Hmmm, so you are saying the line sits right about where it should be at -3?

Im on detroit myself, just hard to see kitna not throwing all over this secondary.
Like you said you guys have an under-sized unit and against wideouts with size like roy williams and calvin johnson just see too many mismatches/problems for atlanta.

:shake:

For what it is worth....I know a very sharp sports investor from the detroit area. He is very confident in the lions for this game...Thinking that the detroit speed on D-line will give give ATL problems......as well as the clear advantage that DET recievers have in this matchup. Good Luck! I will be on Det as well.

Im on detroit myself, just hard to see kitna not throwing all over this secondary.
Like you said you guys have an under-sized unit and against wideouts with size like roy williams and calvin johnson just see too many mismatches/problems for atlanta.

Well I agree about Mismatches but Detroits Secondary doesnt scare me either. It think the Falcons eek this one out.

There will be a lot of over the top safety help, they wont be one on one.

Crap, I hat the public play week 1, I was hoping people would give me reasons to bet Hotlanta! Michael Turner just doesn't scare me.

Bjorks opinions on the Vikes please.

BTW great posts in the politics thread last night

Bjorks opinions on the Vikes please.

Remember all the struggles the Cowboys had with Quincy Carter and how they just would not admit to themselves that the guy was not the answer but couldn't say that because they'd spent a high draft pick on him?

this will not be some miracle debut win ala david carr i cannot see the falcons being able to pass enough to win the game..

I'm one of the worst NFL cappers there is. I freely admit that and only tail people.

My thoughts on the Vikes...I've never liked TJack and now a sore knee I hate him even more. I generally don't like to get my hopes up for the Vikes because I hate being disappointed. I love watch Jared Allen has done so far.

I wish Jared Allen would sack killa and "put his helmet in the middle of his spine!" I'm beginning to think he's an alias for a mod or owner, just to rile people up. But if he's real, I swear to god I'd knock that F'er out before he had chance to open his liberal ass mouth to scream for the cops.

I'm one of the worst NFL cappers there is. I freely admit that and only tail people.

My thoughts on the Vikes...I've never liked TJack and now a sore knee I hate him even more. I generally don't like to get my hopes up for the Vikes because I hate being disappointed. I love watch Jared Allen has done so far.

I wish Jared Allen would sack killa and "put his helmet in the middle of his spine!" I'm beginning to think he's an alias for a mod or owner, just to rile people up. But if he's real, I swear to god I'd knock that F'er out before he had chance to open his liberal ass mouth to scream for the cops.

Now now. We all have our downfalls. He'll get older and start arguing with himself and he will leave us alone. :7_17_4:

T-jack is in his make or break year. He needs to stay healthy, and he needs to throw a few more TDS.

I feel your pain.

Why in the hell then do you spend the money you did in free agency to have a make or break QB? I hope I'm wrong, but TJack doesn't excite me at all.

this will not be some miracle debut win ala david carr i cannot see the falcons being able to pass enough to win the game..

I think you are over estimating the Lions secondary. Roddy White, Finneran, and Douglas can catch passes. Ryan will prove himself, count on it.

Just to add a little.
went to a few of the preseason games. The defense is a touch on the unbelievable side IMO right now. I need to see them in the trenches and see if their confidence is real. Not really sure how RUDY will fit in here but from what I have heard, Bell was not very open to being coached. As for the offense, expect big things from "the legend" this year

Turner was Strahan's fantasy player of week spotlight (or whatever) they call it on fox. Think im going to be listening closely when he speaks.

Back