Kiffin out as Bama OC

Gotta love Saban...dude gives no fucks. Kiff's play calling last game was horrendous so he gets the axe. Beautiful.

They better keep Sark locked in a room by himself for 2 days prior to the game as well.

They better keep Sark locked in a room by himself for 2 days prior to the game as well.
Dabo needs to send over some hookers, blow, pills and a few bottles of Tequilla to Sarks hotel room .
Free Uber to Ybor City

this can't be good for Hurts off a bad showing

It's also not necessarily bad for him either.

And conceivably it could be good for him, it was Lane Kiffin...there's certainly the chance that he was over-bearing or just not someone who's pleasant to "work" for...Hurts may feel like a weights been lifted and has something to prove with different play calling. Certainly could end up being horrible for him as well, but saying it can't be good for him is the same as saying it isn't necessarily bad...they both mean little (as it could go either way really).

Last edited by a moderator:
Advantage Bama.

Who knows what Sark does differently than Kiffin, certainly not any game film for Clemson to watch.

Kiffin on DP show right now. Very interesting
He says he may still be in the press box? huh??

I said it earlier, but it can be spun either way with the truth being somewhere in the middle. Fortunately for Alabama, Sark has been with the team all season. This isn't like a new hire from a different school coming in. There is a level of familiarity there, just don't know how much. Honestly, I think this is a bigger problem for Clemson as far as having to go back and watch USC and Washington film to chart down and distance tendencies, than it will be for Alabama. Our problems are still having a true freshman QB that is still a little slow on his reads and can be somewhat careless with his ball security, and an interior OL that is underwhelming. Switching OCs isn't going to change that.

If there's not a rule against Lane participating in the game, and Saban wants it, I'd expect it to happen, along with a new rule from the NCAA proposed in the summer

Not surprising, but these guys seem to be saying two different things, other than "mutual decision". Kiffin has indicated on his media tour today that he'd be coaching if he wanted but he's thinking of the players (what a sweetheart), Saban seems more in the "good riddance" camp.

Biggest transition for Sark will be that it has to be much easier to have a flask in the booth.

Not surprising, but these guys seem to be saying two different things, other than "mutual decision". Kiffin has indicated on his media tour today that he'd be coaching if he wanted but he's thinking of the players (what a sweetheart), Saban seems more in the "good riddance" camp.

I'm guessing, or 99% sure, it's the latter. The instability around Kiffin's situation over the last couple weeks as the team prepped for UW was probably creating a shit storm, leaving some staff members to say they were "done with him". Another reason I'm thinking this change may be good for Bama going into next Monday.

There's no way it was mutual. Kiffin taking the high road for now. But let's see what happens after Monday. Maybe he's learned his lesson, but I wouldn't hold my breath. But he's handled it about as well as it can publicly the last 2 days

I'm guessing, or 99% sure, it's the latter. The instability around Kiffin's situation over the last couple weeks as the team prepped for UW was probably creating a shit storm, leaving some staff members to say they were "done with him". Another reason I'm thinking this change may be good for Bama going into next Monday.

I'll buy into the point that Kiffin wasn't doing a good enough job balancing his new gig with prepping for Washington. Sark having been on staff all season made it an easy decision to part ways.

Kiffin's jobs never end well. I only know the public persona, but he must be a real peach.

The whole FAU thing is kind of a restart, really. Guy's been HC of the Raiders, USC, Tenny, and Bama's OC, always leaves in a cloud of worn out welcome. Seems to have a people problem.

God, he was 31 then? Was that an Al hire? I don't remember a minute of Kiffin coaching the Raiders.

God, he was 31 then? Was that an Al hire? I don't remember a minute of Kiffin coaching the Raiders.

Yeah Al davis hired him. If you believe Kiffin, Davis vetoed him on drafting Calvin Johnson #1 in favor of JaMarcus Russell

Was just looking at a "youngest NFL coach" list, and he's #1. But interestingly, John Madden and Al Davis himself were only 32 &33 upon hire, so I guess that's where the thought comes from. It was a Raider thing.

My old class mate and friend from elementary school is interviewing with Rams, Sean McVay, he's skins OC now. He is 30 about to be 31 and it's crazy to think someone my age could be tasked with running NFL team. No surprise Lane crashed the way he did there.

It's really not so much the football stuff, but expecting the older guys on the NFL team to respect a little whippersnapper is a tall order.

Hate to say it but of Kiffin's 3 stops he was buttfucked at 2 of them

1. Raiders - don't think Al Davis ever gave him a fair chance and as mentioned above, he was a huge victim of being so young
2. Vols - he fucked them and should have stuck it out. He had fantastic first year and overachieved expectations
3. USC - despite loss of scholarships they expected him to come in and compete for titles immediately. It just wasn't fair to expect that with a depleted roster

I think he will end up a very good coach somewhere, someday. He and Butch are gonna have some good FAU/FIU battles for about 3-4 years before he leaves

He got fucked by Oakland
He fucked Tennessee
He got fucked by USC

This little thing with Bama and Nick was cute, but time for someone to do some fuckin

HC at FAU, OC at Bama, P12 HC, SEC HC, NFL HC is a nice career progression. Amazing that somebody did that in reverse by age 41

Hate to say it but of Kiffin's 3 stops he was buttfucked at 2 of them

1. Raiders - don't think Al Davis ever gave him a fair chance and as mentioned above, he was a huge victim of being so young
2. Vols - he fucked them and should have stuck it out. He had fantastic first year and overachieved expectations
3. USC - despite loss of scholarships they expected him to come in and compete for titles immediately. It just wasn't fair to expect that with a depleted roster

I think he will end up a very good coach somewhere, someday. He and Butch are gonna have some good FAU/FIU battles for about 3-4 years before he leaves

There was never a championship or bust mindset at SC when he was there. And despite the sanctions they had enough talent to be ranked #1 heading into the season...and then subsequently had the worst season ever for a preseason #1 team. And then got humiliated in the Sun Bowl on and off the field. The team quit on him cause he was a shitty person which has been the same claim absolutely everywhere he's been. I'm not shedding any tears for him or because he got some kind of raw deal at SC.

My old class mate and friend from elementary school is interviewing with Rams, Sean McVay, he's skins OC now. He is 30 about to be 31 and it's crazy to think someone my age could be tasked with running NFL team. No surprise Lane crashed the way he did there.

Please tell him to stay with the Redskins. I love the guy. Don't become a head coach too soon and flame out.

Please tell him to stay with the Redskins. I love the guy. Don't become a head coach too soon and flame out.

There is a guy I went to HS with that is a pretty serious front office guy for the Steelers...Khan or something. We weren't friends or anything but still nuts. So I can only imagine that CK

Yeah Al davis hired him. If you believe Kiffin, Davis vetoed him on drafting Calvin Johnson #1 in favor of JaMarcus Russell

I've heard this too....
What a waste Jamarcus was man....he was so good in college and had so so much talent

I haven't seen nor talked to him in many years but if I do anytime soon I'll tell him! He was one of the few kids that could challenge my tetherball reign in 5th grade. I don't follow NFL really but my guess would be both parties benefit from the interview and he waits a bit before he takes a HC job although with all these vacancies this may be a year someone takes a shot on him.

i'm not a film study expert, but i can't imagine CLEM is trying to learn exact plays that Sark is gonna run so it'd be more themes from UW & USC. Also i can't imagine he'd be too different from Kiffin as they have very similar backgrounds. Seems like a much bigger problem for the favorite and i like the dog even more than I did

Kind of a dangerous move by Saban. They didn't lose a game with Kiffin this year. You replace him now and lose, that is pretty much on you now even if you would have done worse with kiffin than without. Takes balls to do what Saban did. Takes even bigger balls to do it against your most likely replacement.

Back