Kidd confirms that agent has been talking to Nets about trade

there's always the Kidd to the Lakers rumor. But I like the way D-Fish is playing and Farmar as the backup.

Yeah not sure where he'd go. He'd want to go to a playoff team at least, seems to be the trend with aging veterans trying to get a ring. Maybe Clev? There was rumor about getting Bibby in the summer, they can use a pt. guard to set up the offense.

Was it the Lakers who rejected the Bynum/Kidd trade last year or the Nets, cause if it was the Nets they are no doubt wanting to kill themselves right now

Apparently Dallas and Denver are interested...

to Dalllas for Devin Harris and some other pieces?

I dont see what Denver could offer? Iverson? i mean i doubt theyll be jumping at Kmart and JR Smith or some shit...

I dont see how they can trade with Cleveland either - I mean Larry Hughes would almost have to be involved, and why would they want him

I have a soft spot for Denver and I hate this idea. Mostly because I love AI, I think he's starting to teach 'Melo not to be such a flaming p*ssy.

The best places for Kidd to me seem to be Cleveland--I don't know why he didn't end up their last year, unless it's an open secret that LeBron is headed to NY as soon as humanly possible and Kidd doesn't want to wake up ending his career in Cleveland surrounded by the rest of that garbage they call a team.

Orlando and Dallas seem to make sense, too, same with the Lakers, but as was said above, who does LA have to give up?

Was it the Lakers who rejected the Bynum/Kidd trade last year or the Nets, cause if it was the Nets they are no doubt wanting to kill themselves right now

It was the Lakers who rejected because they didn't want to give up Bynum. Looks smart now.

Who would LA give up? Kwame? Vlad? Luke Walton? NJ is laughing.

I think Dallas is the only team that can pull this off before the deadline

I just dont see what anyone else can offer unless we're getting into crazy 3 and 4 team deals

LMAO

lakers-no..Bynum now untouchabke

cleveland-hell no..no pieces to trade..may still get Bibby...thats all

It was the Lakers who rejected because they didn't want to give up Bynum. Looks smart now.

Who would LA give up? Kwame? Vlad? Luke Walton? NJ is laughing.

one of the young PGs, Kwame (expiring contract) and a couple 1st round draft picks. maybe throw in a role player like walton or radman.

not saying it'll happen, not even sure id want it to happen, but the nets could do a lot worse.

one of the young PGs, Kwame (expiring contract) and a couple 1st round draft picks. maybe throw in a role player like walton or radman.

not saying it'll happen, not even sure id want it to happen, but the nets could do a lot worse.
Not enough for Joisey...

they have the leverage...

The best places for Kidd to me seem to be Cleveland--I don't know why he didn't end up their last year, unless it's an open secret that LeBron is headed to NY as soon as humanly possible and Kidd doesn't want to wake up ending his career in Cleveland surrounded by the rest of that garbage they call a team.

Joe please don't say lebron is leaving, you just made me cry. If he leaves what would cleveland get...1st round picks for the next 10 years or stephan marbury

It's basically the same story as seattle of this year, durant gets put on a bad team stripped of talent. Lebron gets put on a team that was basically stripped of talent and he is in charge of making this team competitive again. If cleveland wants to win a title they are giong to need a proven point guard through free agency because they aren't going to be picking low enough in the 1st round to get someone of decent value.

I would of loved to get someone like a last year' mike conley but he went too high and they didn't have a draft pick.

I said it last year, I'll say it again this year.

Cleveland has basically one player on their team and no coach. As long as they don't give up LeBron, they could basically trade the rest of their starters for Kidd and they'd still end up winning this trade.

I mean, I like Sideshow Bob's hair as much as the next guy, but seriously, Larry Hughes? Sasha Pavlovic? Ilgauskus? Eric Snow?!?!

Nets' president Rod Thorn, who has been working the phones along with special assistant Kiki Vandeweghe looking for deals involving just about all of his players, said this request doesn't mean definitively that Jason Kidd will be traded. "It doesn't change how I approach things," Thorn said. "You look at what you have, and what you try to do is assess your assets and do what makes sense."
One possible scenario, league sources said, involves Kidd and features the Nets, Mavericks and at least one other Western Conference team -- perhaps Portland or Denver -- that could provide New Jersey with young players.
Kidd would go to Dallas and the Nets would get back Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Jerry Stackhouse and picks, plus more players from the other team, the sources said. -- The Record

I would imagine that too signalcaller but it seems as though my get someone even better from another team.

Kidd would go to Dallas and the Nets would get back Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Jerry Stackhouse and picks, plus more players from the other team, the sources said. -- The Record

Thorn would have to be smoking crack if that were the case. I don't see how Dallas gets Kidd without giving up Howard or the very atleast Devin Harris in the deal.

Perhaps we should keep in mind that Kidd is almost 35. How many good years has he left? I'm not a GM but unless I'd believe he is the missing piece that can make my team compete for the Title this season or the next I would not be willing to give up much for him, no matter how good he is now.

can't post links from phone but front page of all local papers are quoting Lebrun to telling ferry to make a push. Check Cleveland.com and Ohio.com. They are calling for larry. Drew. And others. I know cavs have contacted jersey. Let's see what happens. If Lebrun wants him which he has made clear. I think there is a good chance he ends up here. I'm just not sure I can give up boogie with those 2. Maybe Shannon and Damon or snow. Bit not those two and boogie

Perhaps we should keep in mind that Kidd is almost 35. How many good years has he left? I'm not a GM but unless I'd believe he is the missing piece that can make my team compete for the Title this season or the next I would not be willing to give up much for him, no matter how good he is now.

This is true, look at Miami. They added Shaq but killed their future. They won a championship but look where they are now.

Back