Key Angle In Miami vs. Toronto

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Miami plays at Toronto tonight. Both teams are 38-32. Currently Miami sits at #3 and Toronto at #4. The difference between the 3 and 4 seed is HUGE. 4 seed plays Chicago in round 1. 3 seed takes on the Wizards. Additionally, Miami is only .5 game up over Washington for the Southeast division. Miami could possibly fall to the #6 spot with a loss tonight, and a Wizards win vs. lowly Sixers. That means Miami would be facing Toronto without homecourt. This is a very crucial game for seeding in the East. I think the experience factor takes over tonight. Shaq and the Heat have been here before and know what it takes to win down the stretch. Toronto, banged up tonight, is very inexperienced.

:cheers:

Last edited:
toronto loosing garbo is bigger than some think. THe team will seem disoriented without his presence on both ends of the floor. Bargnani still out and parker working his way back will hurt the raps down the stretch. Injuries aside, raptors have shown a killer instinct at home recently and will no doubt be fired up for this big game which is the only angle that scares me here. Miami shoudl be play tonight and shaq will give rasho big problems down low.

Mitchell always seems to get his guys ready for adversity and finds guys in the rotation for each game depending on what he needs... no doubt Garbo going down is huge, but they were still I believe .500 without Chris Bosh vs some pretty good teams during that stretch.

ACC was sold out last game and rocking, dont think it will be much different tonight...

Mitchell always seems to get his guys ready for adversity and finds guys in the rotation for each game depending on what he needs... no doubt Garbo going down is huge, but they were still I believe .500 without Chris Bosh vs some pretty good teams during that stretch.

ACC was sold out last game and rocking, dont think it will be much different tonight...

exactly, bench is deep and lets no kid ourselves, bosh and ford and playing best ball of their lives and mo pete can get the job done at times, humpries lol had a great game few days ago and is ready for minutes, i see them fired up tonight but wouldnt put money on them.

Your argument suggest that Toronto themselves does not know what is on the line here... IMO though Bosh is too fast for the Heat .... and the speed and effort of the Raptors is unmatched when at home... and I think the Heat have been playing WELL beyond their means since Wade went down... I think they'll be lucky to win 44 games.

Inspekdah I agree to some extent, but look at Toronto as Bargnani went down. Their game deteriorated. How do they handle missing Garbajosa as well?

add to that a bruised Bosh and I'll take the points, thanks.

:shake:

I lean towards the Raptors.

The raptors will treat this like a play-off game. BC knows whats going on. He will do everything possible to avoid the Bulls in the first round.

Garbo being out wont hurt as much as people will think. He's a 29 yr old rookie that has played the most basketball out of any player in the NBA (Euro?Worlds etc..) He was slowing down. Mitchell continues to have the worst substitution patterns in the league, so at least this will limit his options.

I feel with Garbo out, the Raptors will give Rash more burn. Rasho is one of the bigger and smarter defenders in the league. Bargnani was a match-up nightmare for most teams in the league, Garbo doesnt present the same problems.

Guys...I am taking NOTHING away from the Raptors. Im just saying the Heat have been here before. They know what it takes to get it done. And Im sure they would love to make another run to the finals. This is a HUGE game for 1st round seeding.

Back