Kent St. +21.........someone please explain this to me.

Dmoney416

Ben Mauk's Counsel
This is the most ridiculous line I have ever seen. The line movement is just as baffling. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm starting to think something "is up" with this game.

I've read everything you guys said about this game and I would take the +21 if I were to play it but just to get an idea of why people see Ball St winning by 20+, this from CFN

Kent State (1-3) at Ball State (4-0), 12:00 EST, ESPN Gameplan
Why to watch: One month into the season, a leader has emerged in the MAC. Ball State has cruised to a 4-0 start, winning every game by double-digits, including last week’s rout of Indiana that broke a 43-game losing streak to schools from BCS conferences. Unfortunately, the historical win came with a hefty price. Star receiver Dante Love suffered a spine injury that’s expected to end his playing career. The divergent emotions in the aftermath of the game are something head coach Brady Hoke will have to manage the rest of the season. Kent State is coming off a lopsided defeat to Louisiana-Lafayette that extended its losing streak versus FCS opponents to 10 games. Making matters worse for the Flashes, RB Eugene Jarvis, the school’s premier player, is expected to be held out with an ankle injury.
Why Kent State might win: The one knock on Ball State this year has been the play of the defense, which has yielded 10 touchdowns and more than 200 yards a game on the ground. Even without Jarvis, the Flashes will try to pound the ball behind All-MAC LT Augustus Parrish in order to keep the Cardinal offense off the field. QB Julian Edelman is like having a tailback taking direct snaps, and young Andre Flowers has shown potential over the last two games, running for 118 yards and a score.
Why Ball State might win: The Cardinal offense is on a tear, leading the MAC in scoring and total yards. Okay, it was Indiana, but that was still a Big Ten defense that Ball State shredded for 463 yards and five touchdowns. Nate Davis is a future pro at quarterback, and RB MiQuale Lewis is on a tear, rushing for 320 yards and six touchdowns over the last two games. The way Kent State has been playing defense, allowing almost 700 yards to UL-Lafayette last week, it has little chance of slowing down the high-octane Cardinal attack.
Who to watch: While it’s impossible to replace Love’s production as a receiver and a kickoff returner, someone must take his place in the lineup. For now, that someone on offense is true freshman Briggs Orsbon, who arrived mentally and physically ready to contribute, and has already caught nine passes for 129 yards and two touchdowns.
What will happen: It’ll be an odd afternoon in Muncie, with emotions being tugged between Ball State’s perfect start and the loss of Love. While it could take a quarter or so before the Cardinals regain their focus, they’ll quickly roll past Kent State behind the passing of Davis and the running of Lewis.
CFN Prediction
: Ball State 41 … Kent State 21 ... Line: Ball State -17
Must See Rating: (5 Debate No. 1- 1 The 2008 Primetime Emmys) … 2

I watched Kent State play last week, and they were getting dominated by a team who I didn't even know could move the ball well. Every time they had to play defense, they would get scored on. They really sucked....real bad. Ball State is 10000000 billion times better than LA LAY IMO...lol

I watched Kent State play last week, and they were getting dominated by a team who I didn't even know could move the ball well. Every time they had to play defense, they would get scored on. They really sucked....real bad. Ball State is 10000000 billion times better than LA LAY IMO...lol

Agreed, but the ULL game is borderline meaningless to Kent - MAC teams play for the conference champ. I'm pretty sure Kent sat some guys in that game in prep for the conference sched. This is basically the same team that didn't lose a conference game by more than 11 last year.

Agreed, but the ULL game is borderline meaningless to Kent - MAC teams play for the conference champ. I'm pretty sure Kent sat some guys in that game in prep for the conference sched. This is basically the same team that didn't lose a conference game by more than 11 last year.

I also agree with that, I had alot of expectation from Kent State offense and one of the worst things about ball state is their defense. Tough game IMO laying off....also the line has gone up to -22 now. 61 OVER is sitting beautiful right now...:smiley_acbe:

linesmakers are sick

nutsack state up 20 going into the 4th, and lands on 21... the closing number.

fuck em.

line was ridiculous.

i lost with a bad early week number as i recognized the line was silly then. unfortunate but i have no problem with the made bet and would do it again and again and again with all the available information.

even as a loser , i feel this will be one of the most valuable bets i made all year. ( assuming no mac shennanigans inwhich case the line didnt matter at all ).

Back