Keeper league question - keep or not, hopkins, Jackson, Moreno

CASH

Pretty much a regular
I give up that round's pick.
Some of you know your local players/team better, so any comments/thoughts are welcomed... injuries, playing time,, etc etc..
Like Moreno in the 12th rd is good - good back up for my team, but not sure of injuries

Max i can keep is 2

WR - Hopkins, DeAndre(WR) HOU - round 8
RB - Jackson, Fred(RB) BUF - round 10
RB - Moreno, Knowshon(RB) MIA - round 12

Everything I've seen is Moreno making really solid progress towards hitting again. So yeah, Moreno there isn't a bad choice.

I think I like keeping Fred in the 10th versus Hop in the 8th. Fred off signing that contract extension, been made very clear he'll be getting plenty of touches back there.

^
Much appreciated and now just read,, rumors of bills fielding calls on spiller...

Do you have to keep anyone? No one on that list has any value in those spots. So you can either grab them again if you want, or draft better guys in those slots. If this is a long-term keeper league, you may want to hang on to Hopkins, but 8th rd. is a bit too high.

I'd throw them all back in the pool and start from scratch.

A little more context..

15 round draft, 10 teams
can keep a player for 2 years if drafted after the 8th round.

my thought on these guys - have 2 backup RB's from rounds 10/12, first 7 rounds would be looking at a starting qb, 2 rb's and 2 wr's anyway. so getting these 2 who i know will be playing - either starting or backup but playing quite a bit if healthy as "insurance"

10 teams....you may actually consider not keeping any then like he said, IMO. There's better back-ups out there.

A little more context..

15 round draft, 10 teams
can keep a player for 2 years if drafted after the 8th round.

my thought on these guys - have 2 backup RB's from rounds 10/12, first 7 rounds would be looking at a starting qb, 2 rb's and 2 wr's anyway. so getting these 2 who i know will be playing - either starting or backup but playing quite a bit if healthy as "insurance"

I'd toss all 3 back in the pool and start fresh.

^
Much appreciated and now just read,, rumors of bills fielding calls on spiller...

I read that too but I don't think that he's moving.

They all started with just some random twitter accounts...the Bills said they have not fielded any calls on CJ. This led the local sports media to analyze the comments....said the wording was odd, and that it's possible the Bills were the ones doing the calling to other teams, since they specifically said they "didn't field any calls." It was most likely worded that way since that's what the rumors said though. CJ probably isn't going anywhere, but he is going to most likely opt out after this year, leading many to believe the Bills won't want to pay him what he wants...that got the ball rolling on another conversation I thought was interesting....

CJ Spiller, when asked in a recent interview, said he doesn't feel as if he's a Top 5 RB in the NFL, but feels he is a Top 10 RB. He also said that he is not, and was not at all frustrated by the 'lack of touches' in the offense last year. He says he's comfortable with his role and wants to do anything to help the team win. CJ isn't necessarily a guy that can't be replaced, as he is pretty horrible in pass protection which limits his 3rd down availability (unless you're throwing him a pass in that situation), and he doesn't necessarily hit the hole in the way the coaches would like in this offense. CJ was much better in the spread offense, next to the QB in the shotgun, where he could pick and choose where to take the ball, as opposed to being told where to run. All of this simply amounts to him maybe not being in the long range plans of the Bills, depending of course, on how much money he's going to want after opting out.

With his comments that he doesn't feel like he's a Top 5 RB, he may not actually be looking to 'break the bank,' and may be looking more for a deal along the lines of what Reggie Bush got ($4M/yr). He and Bush are very comparable, and that would seem to be a fair deal for both parties, and would keep him with the Bills for the foreseeable future. However, if the Bills can get something solid in return for CJ, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he gets traded. The issue, of course, is getting something fair in return, and that most likely wouldn't happen.

moreno. i don't think you're gonna do better than him in the 12th out of 15 right?

so your last two picks are D and K, so moreno then another shithole in the 13th. i haven't done any 10 teamers though. no idea who is out there in the 12th of a 10 teamer

12th round in a 10 team is pick 120 right?

93 Knowshon Moreno, MIA 5 RB40 $3

<tbody>
</tbody>

112 Jeremy Hill, CIN 4 RB47 $2
113 Justin Hunter, TEN 9 WR45 $1
114 Terrance West, CLE 4 RB48 $1
115 Tony Romo, DAL 11 QB13 $1
116 LeGarrette Blount, PIT 12 RB49 $1
117 Hakeem Nicks, IND 10 WR46 $1
118 Philip Rivers, SD 10 QB14 $1
119 Jay Cutler, CHI 9 QB15 $1
120 Mike Evans, TB 7 WR47 $1
121 Carlos Hyde, SF 8 RB50 $1
122 Tre Mason, STL 4 RB51 $1
123 Ben Roethlisberger, PIT 12 QB16 $1
124 James Starks, GB 9 RB52 $1
125 Rueben Randle, NYG 8 WR48 $1
126 Knile Davis, KC 6 RB53 $1
127 C.J. Anderson, DEN 4 RB54 $1
128 Roy Helu, WAS 10 RB55 $1
129 Andre Williams, NYG 8 RB56 $1
130 Jonathan Stewart, CAR 12 RB57 $1
131 Tavon Austin, STL 4 WR49 $1
132 Andy Dalton, CIN 4 QB17 $1
133 Jarrett Boykin, GB 9 WR50 $1
134 Devonta Freeman, ATL 9 RB58 $1
135 Eli Manning, NYG 8 QB18 $1
136 Brandin Cooks, NO 6 WR51 $1

<tbody>
</tbody>

players are better than i thought they would be. but u'd think moreno still has value there just based on standard public rankings.

going to keep Jackson..
- the possibility of a starting RB in the 10 round is good value (he also catches the ball which adds value).... still leaning for hopkins as well,, he will be starting opposite johnson, so same thoughts - getting a starter in the 8th round is good value..

still have the first 7 rounds to get a qb, 2 rb's and 2 wr's

appreciate everyones feedback...

had a typo above-- it is actually a 12 team not 10 team league..

Back