Kansas/Missouri Thoughts.....

aplous

Donkey Hater
Im guessing line opens MU -1.

Game at Arrowhead....if anyone is wondering about the crowd, technically it is a home game for KU and they did get more tickets alotted, but Chiefs season tickets holders (moi) got 20K seats as well.

This stadium will be so fuckin packed its not funny.....shitty pairs on Ebay are going for $500 plus.

Dont give any homefield when capping this, the crowd will be split nearly even.

Lean on KU....more solid overall than MU and def. a better coach (and fatter)

no one knows about this kansas team..I hear they haven't played anyone yada yada....

chase daniels is the shit yada yada....

that's all I ever hear.

Kansas will be my biggest bet of the season

Mizzou is 96th against the pass and 56th against the run. I don't trust Pinkel in this situation either.

Kansas is more physical and will get the necessary stops to win this game...the 1-2 RB punch, Reesing and 4 solid receivers, and a shut down corner are too much...also have a kanck for creating turnovers, good scoring defense.

I expect public to be all over Chase Daniels..OMG chase is sooo great OMG...and he is great, but Kansas is the better overall team imo.

Dead on HD.....KU is so damn solid in every aspect. They can throw, run, and when its 3rd and 15 that little rat Reesling runs for it everytime.

Watch , in a big game like always, MU will have the big fuckup. Big turnover, blocked punt, etc.

Don't agree here. Theres a reason that the #2 team in the nation keeps losing, and its because the #2 teams keep being teams that have never been there before and are in over their head.

This environment could easily be too much for Kansas. They've looked great in blowing out subpar teams but I think we gave them way too much credit for margin of victory and one game against Kansas State.

Missouri is a solid football team even if they are mistake prone and certainly have enough talent to end the dream, at what should amount to a neutral field.

Public this, public that...public always likes taking undefeated teams with higher rankings. Missouri will be popular on thisboard no doubt, but I expect the money to come in pretty 50/50 here...

This game is hardly a sure thing, but IMO, Mizzou is good enough for a play...

I agree MU could very well win the game, nothing is a lock.......but tell me the 1 time in the last 10 years that MU has been in a game anywhere near this magnitude. This program hasn't played a big game in years, but in the last 3 years whenever they play a decently big game (by their standards {Sun Bowl, game v. KU or KSU}) they have choked on cock.

Watching MU up close and personal if there is anyone "over their head" it is Pinkle. He will have shit running down his league in the 3rd Q.

Also I think KU has won at least 4 or 5 v. MU (w/out checking)....

Just for info:

11/25/06 MU 42 KU 17

This year away from home:

KU 42 Ok State 28
KU 19 A&M 11
KU 30 KSU 24

MU 49 KSU 32
MU 55 CU 10
OU 41 MU 31
MU 38 Ole Miss 25
MU 40 Ill 34 in STL

Just want you to have the fact before you put your money on the table. Good luck.

niether team has really played anyone if you think about it. Oklahoma's pass D has been exposed....

Illinois was the first game of the year, I throw that game out the window personally.

OU was actually dominating Mizzou, and Mizzou got a late back door TD..although Mizzou did not have Temple.

I agree.........who has played anyone it seems?

Everyone in the country has flaws right now.

I guess if you have to say who has the "best" loss of all the 1 loss teams it would have to be MU at Oklahoma.

LSU @ Kentucky
OSU v. Illini
WVU @ USF I guess is the best loss of them all.

Also, KU smacked MU (as dogs) in 2005, 2004, 2003..........peace.

MU has the better athletes. KU has the better coach. KU's D is better but not by as much as people think. Nebraska moved the ball quite a bit on KU, but didn't do shit against MU. MU's D is underrated in my opinion. A lot of the stats that teams pile up against them are after the game was already decided. I slightly, slightly lean KU.

Don't forget the Mangino I Might Eat You at any moment intimidation factor for the other coach. In all seriousness, Mangino is a helluva coach and 10x the coach that Pinkel is.

after Missouri's last game, I heard Chase for a minute on the radio in a postgame. I am just going by what I remember him saying, I will check it out, but he said this will be thier first game on grass. Dunno if it's right or wrong, but something that should be checked out.

This will not be their first game on grass. They kicked the shit out of Colorado on grass. This is a non-factor.

This will be my biggest play of the NCAA season putting 2.5 dimes on Mizzou ML. I will be at the game rooting hard. 10 yard line 15th row.

Beware of putting money on Kansas. I am telling you Mizzou is going to win this game.

This is not the same old Mizzou team. I have watched every one of their games with the exception of the non-televised games. Mizzou has played the tougher schedule, has the more dynamic playmakers, is tougher to defend. People forget Tony Temple was out for a few weeks, and now he is running as well as I have ever seen. KU will be helpless to defend this MU offense. Chase Daniel has a lot of moxy and this might cement his picking up the trophy in New York in a few weeks.

This sounds like a homer, but I have only bet on Mizzou a few times, and bet against them early in the year vs. W. Michigan and got burnt.

If you watched the complete Oklahoma game, Mizzou I believe was leading at the beginning of the fourth quarter. The only reason Mizzou lost that game was one bad play call, and a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes.

I think Mizzou can overcome some turnovers in this game, but if KU loses the turnover battle, they will not be able to win this game.

I also think a key in this game is Mizzou was expected to be here this time of the year, and KU was not.

Like one of the posters said KU's stats have been posted against lesser competition. Mizzou has been more battle tested than Kansas, if this game gets close Mizzou's players have been there before. Kansas has a freshman at qb, I know he has been playing well, but he is still a freshman. Daniel is bigtime, he is used to big games. He lost like one game in high school, where his teams were perennial Texas state champs.

Foaming at the mouth here, but be forewarned if you choose to put your money on the Jayhawks.

The way KU plays scares the living hell out of me. They remind me of Oklahoma's 2000 National Championship team. They just dont make any mistakes period. We'll see how both of these teams react fighting for a national championship. I wish there was any other coach on Mizzou's sideline because basically I think Gary Pinkel is a complete moron. If KU wins this and then takes the B12 title I'll probably be on suicide watch.

KU has a better defense. I think that will be the key. Both teams will get their points. It will be about who can stop who.

Agree. KU has the better defense. That defensive line of theirs is the most underrated unit in the country. KU will win something like 38-31.

Kansas is a nice team and is having a great season......But they have played no one.....They beat everyone on their schedule and in convincing fashion but didnt play Texas, Oklahoma, or Texas Tech in an amazing scheduling quirk....Im leaning to Missou!

Back