JWKs Monday Baseball picks

jwk1

Pretty much a regular
54-32-1

I am glad to be putting last week behind me.

I haven't seen the Umpire yet but I will post this one now since it looks like it may go down.

METS/PITT first half under 4.5 (-101)

I see the fist half total in the early game in Pitt is set @ 4.5. That under is VERY tempting given the recent history of the starters.

Malholm has gone 7+ in 4 of his last 5 starts. In those 4 starts he's given up 1,1, 0 and 2 runs. In his last start he averaged 12 pitches per inning.

While John Maine hasn't gone as deep into games he has been pitching well. Opponents have only managed 5 hits off of him in his last 2 starts.

My only concern for the first half under is that the Mets have hit lefties to the tune of .323 in their last 10.

I will overlook the batting average L/10 due to the fact that Maholm registers an eyeopening 6-1 record while pitching at home.

Due to Maine's history of pitching only 4 or 5 innings deep, I think the first half under is right on here.

Other games I'm considering = atl ov, laa un, pitt ml

PITT+124

A little too tempting with Maholm on the hill pitching to avoid the home sweep.

JWK I had a bad day yesterday.Geez what a bunch of shit with these MLB teams. Anyway I am tailing that Mets under pick. Hopefully we hit it. I lean the Mets for the sweep. I don't think the Pirates give a shit anymore.

NIce on that under.Never got it in.Came off the graveyard shift and overslept.The Angels game went to 9 and I am thinking over in this one.

Thanks guys.

Still mulling over that Braves over. ATL has no business being that kind of favorite IMO. Hard to back San Fran on an over or a ML/RL pick right now IMO. Their bats are starting to look more alive... I guess. Any thoughts on this one either way? What's the umpire situation? Thinking about fading OAK as well.

JWK:

Nice hits this afternoon. I was on the first half under myself. That TB total should hit tonight - the line is already moving down.

Any thoughts on the Baltimore Team Total 4? Do the Baltimore bats continue to roll against the Lefty Lester or this line pretty accurate. The O's are hitting .290 at home vs. LHP.

I also see another slug fest in Tex - however will wait to see if Bradley is going to be in the line-up.

Best of luck on the rest of your plays.

I don't care to bet against either pitcher or either offense in Balt.

In their last 10 games Texas has scored 0 runs 4 times and 1 run another. That is pretty bad. I got burned badly on two overs when they didn't score a run.

What's your handle at the other site?

JKW - totals are coming out real shitty buddy. I play the Twins ML and Angels ML.Thinking about the O's ML. I decide to not mess with the Angels total. I got exactly 9 runs for the game. Books trying to get us before the end of the season. We got to be smart.Nice hit on Pitt.

Back