Just Yesterday Morning They Let Me Know

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
You Were Gone
Susanne the plans they made to put an end to you
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just cant remember who to send it to
back to work--Lets start with Boston
This is probably surprising news. They won the NBA championship and have lost 2 games this year. In their last 4 games they have beaten teams by 8, 15, 17 and 18. The 8 point win was against a hyper mobile GS team that got no respect. Their brief ats losing streak occurred from 11-04 to 11-15 when they played 8 games in 11 days. Recently they had a day off on the 22, had 2 days off on the 24h and 25 and then a day off on the 27th making today their 3rd game in 7 days.
Today they play the Sixers who get respect. Today will be their 4th game in 6 days and 6th game without 2 days off. The Sixers have lost 8 games this season. Odd note when they lost these games their ats result was minus in all cases. The margins were minus 15, 4.5, 26, 5, 17, 9.5, 12, and end with 7. Let me be clear these are the margins they failed to cover those spreads with.
I actually spent a fair amount of time just looking at the box scoes of these games. Beyond comprehension. The point guard can be fine if he takes under 10 shots but seems to like to jack up a ton and get joke results. This kid Louis should probably be lucky to get 5 minutes a game and should get his hands slapped if he takes more than 5 shots. Brand I have no doubt is shaking his head asking himself Why This Team. This team has scored over 100 points 4 times this year. Not a pace suited to play against Boston.
But they can beat Boston. Remember they beat them last time. Right.
Of course. Except they were a much better team last year and--
The last time they beat Boston Boston was playing their 12th game without 2 days off and had lookaheads to Phoenix and New Orleans in their next 2 games.
Now something people seem to forget is Boston is a Revenge driven team. Do you think it was an accident they trashed Toronto recently after getting attacked a couple of times. Did you notice the score of the last Bobcat-Boston game. In that case it was inconvenient to blast the bobcats the first time but the next time they simply destroyed them. Last year was fine because You Knew they were always focused on the West looking for revenge. This spot--? Not great actually. The rest is fine but the Bobcats away tomorrow who I probably play and then Orlando and the Hornets. This is my only worry with this game as they are a distraction. But against the Crybabies sorry I mean the Sixers just doubt they spare the axe. Just unbelievable to me that people actually think that win at Boston last year is a good thing here!
Will post this and then come back soon with the rest.

Speaking of Boston and revenge have you taken a look at December 11th yet? No spread will stop me from playing the Celtics big in that game.

Just a couple of details. Do have a small bet on under in Boston. Under in a loss on the road for the Sixers is 3-1-1. Very strong under referees and a low score is convenient for Boston. Regarding Portland I will simply say they have won 9 straight at home and covered the spread in 7. The 2 games they did not cover were Minn and Seattle both of which I posted for here. You can make a reasonable case for the Hornets. Once again if they win or cover tonight it will be by the 3 and I will take my chances.

Suns game. Funny statistical note. This season off an ats cover the Suns are 2-5 ats. They started straight. A win was a cover. They are not so straight any more. They dumped vs the Grizz. They dumped against the Kings and they dumped against the Thunder. They are Not taking money. This team has 2 driving forces. Shaq and Nash. Neither has any problem at all with the Heat. Suns gave the Heat that last win after beating them 5 times based on a more involved situation which i posted here on. Nash is a good friend of Marion and Shaq Wade. The Heat just lost by 38 points and it is the return of Marion. The Suns this year dump but they do not give away the win. Vaguely possible this would be an exception. Neither the Suns, Nash or Shaq like the Nets. Would be fair to say Strong Dislike and they play them next. Just looks like a great spot for a cover.

Why Indiana under with no referee info or even listed total? Just a situational play. First my knick name for these 2 is the ODD COUPLE. They are very similar to a married couple. LAst 10 5-5 with 2 wins each by the road team. Been this way for a long time with these 2. Last 4 games 3-1 under and except for OT all 4 would have gone under. Bobcats fixated on rematch with the Celtics after being crushed at home by 23 by them while Indiana has lost 3 straight to Orlando including one at home this season. Bobcats a major under anyway so just trusting the spot. Am thinking more about Atlanta will post if I decide.

I might take the Hawks myself just from what I've seen, read etc of the Raps.

They are a mediocre SU home team right now, and 1-7 ATS... Friday nights are their demise (save for early Sundays). They always keep teams around in the games they are winning and allow teams to shoot the ball well. Heck they needed 39 pts from Bosh to beat Bobcats by 7

Revenge? maybe, but I havent seen the Raps exact revenge yet this year, and take away JO 17 pts in the first meeting and defensive presence and its even worse...

my .02. GL Tuck:cheers:

what do you think about boston first half.....phily hasn t coverd many games in the first half......and for what i ve seen they tend to go stronger in the second half.

I the last 10 games...the wore lead by orlando ..tied with charlote.....lead by clippers ...by minessota.....by indiana....by utah....and lead by orlando again...

The only teams they managed to lead after first half...were a poor ock team..at home...and only by 4 points..... and a golden state team that had no match up for the big mens in phily...

You have a possible angle there but right now I am simply trusting the Sixer inability to cover a spread losing. Also Boston has tended to be a weak first quarter team. When you deal with strong teams generally I think its best to just trust them to get the job done. The first quarter and first half bets are angles best reserved for trying to steal wins with weak teams. There are exceptions. In the past Suns first half was a strong play because they blew so many covers in the fourth but just not expecting that here. GL

Tuck, I must say, I disagree with you here.
First of all, Shaq and Wade aren't friends. It's not Kobe - Shaq of course, but Shaq knows that Heat wouldn't have made this trade without an Ok from Wade and he didn't want to go to Phoenix.
Secondly, Revenge is a good angle, but with that thought, all the league should trash Boston, since they won every team last year. There is a reason why Sixers and Bobcats and even Cleveland and the Hawks gave them hard time. All are strong atheltic teams. Sixers can win this one, I have little doubt about that. Will they? Well, if it was a given we wouldn't see such nice odds.
I think that Sixers are unstable, but that is bad with the line against them for the bettors. This team can win any team in the league and as long as they will go hard on the Celtics, and Sixers can't play it any other way, with Young, Dalembert, Igoudala, Green and Brand, they can cause a lot of trouble for the Celtics.
Dumb but strong teams are Celtics biggest problem.
Under should be about right here.

Its my understanding that Amare was the one who talked Shaq into going to Phoenix and that he was actually delighted by the idea when he visited and found out how advanced their medical staff was.
As far as the match up of Boston with Garnett vs the Sixers, there have been 4 games.
Boston won 113 to 103 at Phillie
Boston won 116 to 89 at home
Boston won 100 to 86 at Phillie
and the last one 95-90 at Boston when they were playing without 2 days rest
for 12 games with 2 major lookaheads.
gL

GL Tuck - always enjoy reading your stuff. Your cryptic writing style makes it all the more intriguing. Great job you do!

Back