Just what C's needed, Bibby rips Boston fans

H.R. Pufnstuf

Pretty much a regular
<table class="forumline" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="row4" nowrap="nowrap" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td class="row4" align="left" valign="top" width="180">
</td> <td class="row4" height="28" valign="top" width="100%"> <table style="width: 1027px; height: 216px;" class="row4" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2"> Mike Bibby ripped Celtics fans a day before his Hawks will have to face them in Boston for Game 2.

The Hawks point guard lit into Celtics' fans before practice Tuesday. "They were kind of loud at the beginning," he said. "But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now. I played here last year, too. And I didn't see three fourths of them. They're for the team now and they might get a little rowdy but that's about it." He wasn't done. "I remember them having bags on their heads [last year]. It's a different look. I guess that's what happens when you win...But they are fair-weather fans if you ask me." The Celtics' fans didn't need another reason to be fired up for tomorrow night's game, but they got one.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content...awksnot_0423.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21 </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

he's right......not much of a crowd last year compared to now.

Buuuuuuut, that's like saying oh shit the Royals fans are coming out in droves now that they have ARod and David Ortiz in their lineup.

Who wouldnt' come out to suppor their team when they are better then they have been in years?

he's right......not much of a crowd last year compared to now.

Buuuuuuut, that's like saying oh shit the Royals fans are coming out in droves now that they have ARod and David Ortiz in their lineup.

Who wouldnt' come out to suppor their team when they are better then they have been in years?

Yup, maybe they're coming out to support KG! I would too, he's amazing, it's a shame he was stuck in purgatory so many years.

well hes not lying at least. but no need to make it public and give them more motavation for another ass whoppin.:whip:

But shit, will ATL even sell out game 3 or 4?

Maybe he needs to talk to his own fans................

they will prob come to see the big 3. i wouldnt be surprised if there are more boston fans in the stands in atlanta.

little offended as i was there. How excited does he want me to get? They couldn't even make the game interesting. They were losing by double digits the entire game. jerk

how can anybody even get fired up over this? I gurantee if the jazz sucked (name your home town team) the place would be half full and a half full place typically isn't loud. Just another athlete with their head up their ass. Of course if you intereviewed 250 CTG members 180 days a year we'd all say alot stupider things than these guys. :)

A Atlanta player has no room to talk..no matter if he played at Arco for years...but the one guys is right....other than the Sox....the Boston people are semi-"fair weather" fans...

Back