Did anyone notice the Mets game?
D TIP
[TABLE="class: datatable"]
<tbody>[TR="bgcolor: #cccccc"]
[TD][TABLE="class: datatable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: cell8, colspan: 2"] Play Against
Any team (SAN FRANCISCO)
revenging a road blowout loss vs opponent of 6 runs or more, starting a well rested pitcher who is working on 5 or 6 days rest

185-106 over the last 5 seasons.
63.6% (62.3 units)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Is this as strong as the Nats on Wednesdays when not at home facing Hellickson?

I think we could arbitrarily backdate a 60% trend on anything if we look hard enough. What do you have on election year Saturdays for teams named after mammals?

It depends if there is a reason behind the possible trend. Could be a large run winner is good the next day because they are in a stretch of seeing the ball good and the large run loser is in a stretch where they are not.

So ya, we could go backwards and find trends by fluctuation but if you can attach potential logical reasons to a trend you might be able to give it some legitimate thought.

I have thought about the day of the week stuff (which isn't for me) and it could be entirely possible that teams get in routines ...maybe party on specific days of the week on the road, maybe have family functions on the weekends for certain teams that distract them on Saturdays or something. There could be reasons a team plays good or bad on certain days of the week. With all the far more tangible analysis that I feel we can do, I don't bother with that type of stuff but I think it could lazy to just summarily dismiss the idea.

See, I think it's lazy to play a team because it's Wednesday.

Not really interested in the silly remarks about the Days. It seems very clear to me to stop talking about them and just win on them

If you post silly reasons, I'll make silly remarks, it's what I do.

Fwiw tuck I 100% believe the day of the week matters, just my opinion, but I prefer your input on it

Tuck, tip's a funny guy but most would agree with Kj above... You bring a wealth of great information with your posts.

I'm not here to disparage tuck's contributions. We can hug it out. I concede there are more ways than one to skin a cat. (What are some of those other ways to skin a cat, besides the obvious sharp knife method?)

I can see both sides of the argument. Some trends can be useful if they use logical/relevant information to come up with a preferred side or total. I've also seen a lot of back-fitted trends that have 4 or 5 criteria that have to be met in order to make the situation a play. I can understand the logic behind the first part of tuck's trend, but I don't know why it would matter whether the pitcher is well rested or not. Why does the success of the trend diminish if the pitcher is on regular rest? In my opinion, that's an example of two pieces of info that aren't correlated at all. But then again, that's just my own opinion & we all have one of those.

I'm not here to disparage tuck's contributions. We can hug it out. I concede there are more ways than one to skin a cat. (What are some of those other ways to skin a cat, besides the obvious sharp knife method?)

skinning a cat on sundays has always been my favorite

I did but for much less than I wanted. There seemed to be clear indications that something was up. Saved a lot just not playing the RL though

Back