Just an observation...

linewatcher

Pretty much a regular
Seems to me, and based on my observations both offline and online, that those supporting and betting the heats have very little basketball knowledge. They are cocky, arrogant, and base all their arguments on Lebron and the destiny for this "team" to win multiple championships. I'm not saying the spurs supporters and bettors are better and less cocky, what I am saying is that I see distinct, fundamental basketball philosophies colliding in this series. I, for one, hope that team play, quality coaching, and character win out over selfish, self-gratifying basketball.

I believe in Spurs and I bet on them, but I can't agree that Heat bettors are cock or arrogant.

Their approach is simple and have been proven right many times - you take the team with the best player on the court to win the series.

As long as there is consensus that's LeBron is the best player on the floor (and I think it's the case), it's not cocky or arrogant.

Obviously there are counter points, but it's a valid point of view.

Line,

Fans aside, the concept regarding style of play reminds me of the 1977 NBA finals when the Sixers played the Blazers The Sixers were considered a "street" team, while the Blazers were considered a team that "plays the right way". Now, I was 1 years old at the time, but I have now become obsessed with that finals. I just finished watching game 1 last night and reading the newspaper reports of the game and series, basically anything I can get my hands on. The racial overtones are there for sure where the '77 series is concerned. That aside, I think the '77 series is a good comparison to this one. God bless the internet.

I believe in Spurs and I bet on them, but I can't agree that Heat bettors are cock or arrogant.

Their approach is simple and have been proven right many times - you take the team with the best player on the court to win the series.

As long as there is consensus that's LeBron is the best player on the floor (and I think it's the case), it's not cocky or arrogant.

Obviously there are counter points, but it's a valid point of view.

a Legitimate argument can be made that Lebron has played like the 4th best player on the court behind Wade, Parker, and Green...

obviously I agree he's the best player on the court btw, just sayin lol...

Miami is not the better team, people are starting to realize that..."the best player on the court" angle works for teams w/o superior coaching....

Say you got two teams with hands off kinds of approaches to their superstar and his supporting cast...THEN that theory certainly works...like basically when Miami plays anyone OTHER then SAS these days...

Pop's knowledge and insight along with his teams trust in his coaching carries them through a lot of dark times.

This series just proves how important coaching and experience can be.

I will say this...anyone looking at Lebron props for game 6....this would be the time to take the over lol

I will say this...anyone looking at Lebron props for game 6....this would be the time to take the over lol

Mulling this still. I did this in Game 4 (unposted, Hunt can attest though) and was very happy with the outcome even in a 2nd half blowout. It was 42.5 then, interested to see what they put out.

James in Finals elimination games, 21 points on 9-for-15 shooting in Game 6 versus the Dallas Mavericks in 2011 and 24 points on 10-for-30 shooting in a Game 4 loss to San Antonio in 2007...

Funny how SA is the better team when they win and Miami is the better team when they win. Who is the better team tonight???

Back