Just about that time...NBA Schedule

Nuggets and Jazz altitude plays are actually gonna be useful this season.... I'm all set to break the schedule down. Believe it's released on Tuesday.

Looks like the 4 games in 5 nights will be eliminated.

I am ready too. I hope it is Tuesday, that would be perfect for me.

Should be one of the more interesting schedules we have seen, to be honest.

Cavaliers 4th game in 5 nights.... all on the road

Dec 25th @ GSW
Dec 26th @ Port
Dec 28th @ Phoenix
Dec 29th @ Denver

:cigarguy:

[TABLE="width: 626"]
<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Play on Nuggets[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Play Date [/TD]
[TD]Opponent[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11/9/2015[/TD]
[TD]Portland Blazers[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Portland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11/11/2015[/TD]
[TD]Milwaukee Bucks[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Milwaukee[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12/29/2015[/TD]
[TD]Cleveland Cavaliers[/TD]
[TD]4th in 5 nights all on the road for Cleveland, xmas day RT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]1/10/2016[/TD]
[TD]Charlotte Hornets[/TD]
[TD]b2b from LAC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3/2/2016[/TD]
[TD]LA Lakers[/TD]
[TD]b2b from LA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3/10/2016[/TD]
[TD]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Phoenix[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3/12/2016[/TD]
[TD]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Utah[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3/28/2016[/TD]
[TD]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Sacramento[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]4/2/2016[/TD]
[TD]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]4/8/2016[/TD]
[TD]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Warriors[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Play on Utah Jazz[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Play Date [/TD]
[TD]Opponent[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11/18/2015[/TD]
[TD]Toronto Raptors[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Warriors[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11/23/2015[/TD]
[TD]OKC Thunder[/TD]
[TD]b2b from OKC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]11/28/2015[/TD]
[TD]N.O. Pelicans[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Clippers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12/11/2015[/TD]
[TD]OKC Thunder[/TD]
[TD]b2b from OKC[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12/21/2015[/TD]
[TD]Phoenix Suns[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12/26/2015[/TD]
[TD]LA Clippers[/TD]
[TD]b2b from LA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]12/31/2015[/TD]
[TD]Portland Blazers[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Portland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]1/9/2016[/TD]
[TD]Miami Heat[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]1/14/2016[/TD]
[TD]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]2/1/2016[/TD]
[TD]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD]b2b from Clippers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]2/25/2016[/TD]
[TD]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3/28/2016[/TD]
[TD]La Lakers[/TD]
[TD]b2b from LA[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]3/30/2016[/TD]
[TD]GS Warriors[/TD]
[TD]b2b from GS[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I brought it up during the playoffs, but the physical (and mental) toll the Finals took on LeBron, I'm guessing we're going to be seeing him sit out the second half of B2B's on the road a lot this season. And no doubt Pop will be up to his usual shenanigans...

I'll be going through the individual schedules more thoroughly this week... hopefully theres some good spots

Cavaliers 4th game in 5 nights.... all on the road

Dec 25th @ GSW
Dec 26th @ Port
Dec 28th @ Phoenix
Dec 29th @ Denver

:cigarguy:

Wow that is beautiful...run to death at GSW, Physical game at Portland, day off, Run at Phoenix, Altitude at Denver

Wow that is beautiful...run to death at GSW, Physical game at Portland, day off, Run at Phoenix, Altitude at Denver

and its xmas week... and lebron's birthday is on the 30th...

its basically POY material.... just pray the nuggets are decent

From the ESPN article...

The new Saturday night package on ABC starts on Jan. 23 with the Bulls visiting the Cavs. There's an effort to make Saturday a big basketball night with numerous high-profile matchups, including Cavs-Spurs, Warriors-Clippers and Warriors-Thunder, as it becomes a feature on the schedule from late-January onward.

While creating TV-friendly matchups is a staple of the schedule every year, the NBA has started implementing some changes this year. There was an effort to reduce the difficult four-games-in-five-nights sets and the number of back-to-backs. It is one of the measures the league has implemented and is experimenting with as it attempts to provide players with more rest.

There are only 27 cases of a team playing four games in five nights, down 61 percent from last season. The amount of back-to-backs have gone from about 20 per team on average last season to 18 this season. Back-to-backs that cross a time zone have been reduced 18 percent.

"Our focus was really on players' rest and recuperation," said Kiki VanDeWeghe, the NBA's senior vice president of operations. "We've worked hard with the teams, the broadcast partner and the venues to get the overall travel down and more time between games."

Though the season is not being extended, the back-to-backs were reduced because TNT agreed to give up exclusivity on Thursday nights and more teams can now play that night. Also, ABC agreed not to have exclusivity on Saturday nights. This enabled the All-Star break to remain a week long, a change to the schedule that increased back-to-backs last season.

There has also been an effort by the league to reduce the amount of miles teams fly. This includes teams playing both Los Angeles and New York teams on the same road trip. Also back on schedules more frequently is the old Texas Triangle, where teams will play in all three Texas cities on the same trip in a return to a relic from years ago.
Here's a list of some of the other intriguing games and notes:

-- The Cavs and Warriors play the maximum number of national television games on ESPN, ABC and TNT allowed: 25 each. The Clippers and Thunder are on 24 times each.

-- The Knicks have seen their national television games cut from 16 last season to just seven this season, fewer than the Atlanta Hawks, who play eight. New York and Brooklyn, which is on national television just once, have been removed from the Christmas Day schedule.

-- The Philadelphia 76ers, Detroit Pistons and Denver Nuggets are the only teams without a national television appearance scheduled.

-- The Milwaukee Bucks open at home against the New York Knicks on Oct. 28. It is the first time the Bucks have opened the season at home since 1984. Previously, the team requested its home opener be on a weekend, and the season always starts midweek.

-- The James-Durant matchups are scheduled for Dec. 17 in Cleveland and Feb. 21 in OKC.

-- The final James-Bryant game, if this turns out to be Bryant's last season, could be March 10 in Los Angeles. The Lakers remain a big draw and are scheduled for 19 national television slots.

-- After Christmas, the second Cavs-Warriors game is set for Jan. 18 in Cleveland.

-- Deron Williams makes his return to Brooklyn with the Mavericks on Dec. 23.

-- The Spurs don't play a home game from Feb. 6 to March 2 as part of their eight-game rodeo road trip that includes three back-to-backs.

-- The Clippers' and Lakers' "Grammy" road trips are shorter this season, just four games each, because it falls around the All-Star break. But the Lakers play eight games in just 12 days on a road trip in December.

-- The Nets go on a nine-game road trip and have 21 days between home games in February and March because of the circus and college basketball commitments at Barclays Center.

-- The Warriors play 15 of 24 games on the road over the first six weeks of the season, culminating in a seven-game road trip in December. After a six-game road trip following the All-Star break, the Warriors play 17 of their final 24 games at home.

-- The Heat play 11 of 12 games on the road during a stretch in January.

-- The Phoenix Suns will spend only one night on the road in February, in Los Angeles; 10 of their 11 games will be played at home.

<article class="ad-300" style="box-sizing: border-box; clear: both; overflow: hidden; position: relative; z-index: 1000026; margin: 0px 0px 0px 10px; float: right; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 16px;">
</article>-- The Knicks go 14 days between home games in March, when Madison Square Garden will be used for college basketball.

-- The Pistons have a nine-game homestand in March and April, going 18 days between road trips.

-- Weekend early-afternoon games have been a tradition in Toronto and a pitfall for visiting teams. This year, the Raptors have no weekend early afternoon games on their schedule.

-- The Hornets go 21 days between home games and 14 days between road games at different times.

-- The Thunder play only one home game in April, playing five of their final six games of the season on the road.

-- The Sacramento Kings' final scheduled home game at Sleep Train Arena is against the Thunder on April 9.

Initially I was disappointed with the new schedule but I dived into all the teams looking for 2-3 angles and came out with prolly about 10-14 spots that should be real good with a handful of them being GREAT.

Early into it, but did my initial research.

I think I'll wait until the rotoguru schedule is up. It takes too much time doing each one individually.

It's funny because they said they'd be eliminating 4 games in 5 nights this season as much as possible but they give the king and his men that brutal spot. Really funny

It's funny because they said they'd be eliminating 4 games in 5 nights this season as much as possible but they give the king and his men that brutal spot. Really funny

Well, they did...

There are only 27 cases of a team playing four games in five nights, down 61 percent from last season. The amount of back-to-backs have gone from about 20 per team on average last season to 18 this season. Back-to-backs that cross a time zone have been reduced 18 percent.

I think that is good as they can do because players still want the longer all-star break and you cannot extend the season much more.

Now, there is a way to help this...stop with the 14 day series in the playoffs. Bring back the random b2b's in playoffs...why not...there used to always be a Sat noon game followed by a 5:30 Sun game back in the 90's in games 3/4 of a 2nd round series(generally a marquee series.

In the 2013-14 season, 8 teams played their first 2 games off a 4+ game trip in a B2B sequence; in the 2014-15 season, 9. This season there are 15 teams scheduled to do so. The hardest spot to play B2B games in is off a 4+ game roadie.

In the 2013-14 season, 8 teams played their first 2 games off a 4+ game trip in a B2B sequence; in the 2014-15 season, 9. This season there are 15 teams scheduled to do so. The hardest spot to play B2B games in is off a 4+ game roadie.
:shake:

by far

One of the best situations, if not the best, in all of sports is when that second game is on the road. That's gold, Jerry. GOLD.

Ill just wait for you to put your thread up :)

One of the best situations, if not the best, in all of sports is when that second game is on the road. That's gold, Jerry. GOLD.

I'll open the thread up when I've finished gathering (then posting) all the stats I've yet to, regarding those B2B games off road trips. I'll have it done inside the next month (US Open takes up most of my attention for the next 2 weeks).:shake:

Fully understand. Use your time wisely. I'll be looking out for your US open analysis. I was supposed to go this week but am in Cali. And that means I'll be waking up to tennis. So awesome

Thanks BAR. All the real hard work for that thread was done long ago. Practice has made perfect, so getting things ready for a new season now is a pretty swift task.:shake:

great stuff in here guys. Can't wait for the season to start. Havent seen that rotoguru schedule before. it's great

great stuff in here guys. Can't wait for the season to start. Havent seen that rotoguru schedule before. it's great

Always nice to see new posters, especially in the nba forum.... welcome. Please contribute as much as you can in the discussion threads!

27 days and counting.

Good work fellas.

Those 15 teams you alluded to, BC. Are each of those games exactly off a 4 game roadie with the 1st game back being at home and the 2nd away.

Have in order -

NOV: Raptors, Lakers, Nets, Kings. DEC: Sixers, Blazers, Kings again. JAN: Bucks, Pacers, Heat, Hawks. FEB: Raptors again. MAR: Hornets, Spurs, Jazz.

Teams in this spot are 18-52 SU (27-42-1 ATS) since 2007.

As a favorite they are 7-8 SU (6-9 ATS).

As a dog they are 11-43 SU (21-32-1 ATS).

gotta get some homework done in the next couple weeks... im really out of touch right now... i was so good in the middle of the summer keeping up with everything but its slipped my mind

GAME

Oct 02
10:35 PM​
DENVER NUGGETS
LA CLIPPERS​
+7½-110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="0_69664_7.5_-110">
-7½-110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="1_69664_-7.5_-110">
o206½-110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="2_69664_-206.5_-110">
u206½-110<input type="checkbox" name="text_" value="3_69664_206.5_-110">

Back