June 29th MLB Discussion - Red Sox/Yankees Showdown Starts Tonight

Minnesota:
  • Over is 16-5-3 in MIN last 24 Fri. games.
  • MIN are 16-6 in their last 22 interleague games.
  • Over is 5-2-1 in MIN last 8 games as an underdog.
Chi. Cubs:
  • Under is 10-2 in CHC last 12 games following a win.
  • CHC are 2-6 in their last 8 overall.

I know it's Berrios but I was expecting at least -140 here. Twins offense is struggling big time right now. Twins pen threw 110 pitches alone yesterday. Unless Berrios throws a complete gem, (could happen) I don't see the Twins winning. Gonna have to take a stab with the Cubbies at -130 me thinks

Last edited:
Berrios is the better pitcher imo. 3.25 SIERA with a 12% SwSt and 32% Hard hit rate compared to Monty with 4.24 SIERA, 9.7% SwSt and 31% Hard hit rate. There may be some concern to be had with the Twins bats as of late scoring 2 or less runs in 5 of their last 7 games and having a 13 inning game yesterday. But they should still have some good bullpen arms available today if needed. The Cubs bullpen has been beaten up a bit lately, while getting Morrow back will certainly help if the Twins can get Monty out by the 5th/6th I think there's a good chance they can beat up on the Cubs bullpen. Otherwise I would be on under because both starters have good day splits
Berrios
View attachment 33055

Monty
View attachment 33056

Cubs beat up on some bad LAD pen arms. Tough turnaround here for them. Trust Berros to get more swing and misses in a game where it looks like the ball could be flying. 4 game trip to LA with no rest and now a day game? Jeez.

I do not really want to bet on Hill today vs Colorado. He has big problems with that team and usually stinks at home any way
Pivetta vs Washngton seems unlucky as well. 0-4 9.19 ERA with Washington

i also think berrios is the better pitcher. question is can he stay consistent all game until the pen comes out?

gonna ride nyy and under...sox dont fair as well vs lefties among other things and both squad score ~ .75 rpg less vs southpaws
View attachment 33059

I mean im on the under there but gotta say Boston has killed its last 4 southpaws so i think they’re figuring them out— Paxton LeBlanc Gonzales and Heaney. Still like under cause Sabathia awesome history vs them and also good form.

Just taking the day off mostly and betting Corbin on 6 has a lot going for it
Do not really get into Stroman and Liriano. just reading about it later would be fine or betting it over possibly.
Chase first 5 might work

feels like 105 in wrigley with 13mph breeze blowing out to LC so I'll probably lay off total...think if I hadda play it would still be under
will hit MIN smallish

I mean im on the under there but gotta say Boston has killed its last 4 southpaws so i think they’re figuring them out— Paxton LeBlanc Gonzales and Heaney. Still like under cause Sabathia awesome history vs them and also good form.

CC is pretty crafty and is 8-3 vs Sox last 2.5 years...5-2 at home although he lost at home earlier this year to BOS, had beat them the preceding 6
c74f1bea-b93d-4caf-8642-3d3b1e3d91cd.png

Chase is on best rest and 1 good start with the ump who generally loves the home team and a big over. Wish I knew where he was when he had that good result

Wtf happened to degrom? I loved the 1st 5 under in mia w him vs alcontera who I know pretty well from watching him in stl last year, electric stuff!! Don’t know anything bout who pitching for muts now? Fish FF maybe, strongly believe Sandy will shut muts down.

Well went ahead and took the 1st 5 u4.5 in Mia. Liked it better at 3.5 w degrom but just hoping muts kid can be decent.

Wtf happened to degrom? I loved the 1st 5 under in mia w him vs alcontera who I know pretty well from watching him in stl last year, electric stuff!! Don’t know anything bout who pitching for muts now? Fish FF maybe, strongly believe Sandy will shut muts down.

Read that he was moved to tomorrow due to a family issue. Oswalt is taking Lugo's spot in the rotation.

Read that he was moved to tomorrow due to a family issue. Oswalt is taking Lugo's spot in the rotation.

Real freaking bummer. I loved that 1st 5 under. Alcantara has electric stuff, I had no doubts he was gonna handle muts for 5, might get dicey after that as he certainly was still raw when I saw him up w cards last year, so walks and pitch count might come into play after that. Of course I expected degrom to get thru 5 prob unscathed or maybe 1 run allowed tops., it was so stinking late by time I looked and saw my bet was gonna be voided I didn’t have much time to figure something else out and obviously wanted to be involved in game where I felt had a good feel for one of the starters. So I did take fish FF rl and game ml but I also went ahead and played the FF under with this scrub muts pitcher hoping for the best. Turned a game I was confident I was gonna pick up a few units into potentially grabbing some beer money. Lol

Back