June 1st MLB Discussion (Updated Lines in 1st Post)

BoSox-Houston
Sale struggled against the braves last time out (as expected). Decent but older numbers against Houston.
Cole with 2 not so good starts against Boston. BA against in both cases is reasonable. No edge there.
Maybe one of the SDQL experts can find out how Sale does after poor outings of 5+ runs allowed.

HP ump certainty a Sox hater. Sox 1-9 with 8 RL losses.
Mookie status uncertain. Keep an eye on it.

Colon will probably have his best catcher today as the other one has gone 2 in a row giving him a 2.37 ERA Chase who has become a disaster on 4 is on 5 and looks a good bet.
The situation for Sonny Gray has actually got worse. He shifts from 4 to 5 a difference of 5.95 to 7.98. With the ump which should not change he has a 5 inning 9 ERA. He is playing at NIGHT
Cashner on a very short sample I do not trust shifts to a little over 9 ERA. If that sample is accurate I really wonder how many runs will be scored. Will certainly bet Yes on run scpred

Last edited:
If Boston loses today it sets up nicely for tomorrow. Both Price and Verlander with good numbers against the opponent. Verlander's slightly better.
Sox 11-5 in one run games. Astros 4-11.

I am going to be very tempted to play Toronto today based on my reading. Apparently Toronto on the road after 3 or more losses in the last 2 years is 11-2. Think it over

Astros certainly have a lot of warts/ They as a team this year do not seem to understand that when the opposition is down STEP ON THEM

That stat 4-11 is one of the reasons I rarely play Houston ml. Today will probably mix it up

I am going to be very tempted to play Toronto today based on my reading. Apparently Toronto on the road after 3 or more losses in the last 2 years is 11-2. Think it over
With Maile catching Era in the low 3s.
With Martin 7.7 Era
Tor 4-2 this year after day off.
Detroit really played well the last days.

Not that surprising Chase recently has had a lot of terrible games on bad rest

Cards letdown alert after crazy win last night. See Twins debacle for last time (following walkoff vs Cubs on ESPN)

That game is a simple explosion
Colorado off a day off is 6-1 better at night

I am almost certainly going to play them but want lineups. The Real Deal is back. Was off on Vacation. His play Toronto which everyone at Covers thinks is insane

FYI starting to think the Cubs are a lock . 4 days rest is by far Chatwoods's best 15 innings 2.40 ERA
Playing on Friday 16-5 last 21. Over at Killersports they picked him on a fairly odd trend supporting pitchers that get pulled early and Mets injuries seems really large
Losing interest with new catcher

Last edited:
In the Pitt Cards game you have 6-3 on Friday Pitt 5-2 on Friday Cards 2 starters who faced each less than a week ago and Pitt after giving up 10 or more runs 4-1 and with a starter that has a terrible ERA with the ump. Picking a side ?

Kind of annoying. I wait on Milwaukee and find literally a perfect ump and Chase who I doubt I will play again blasts the game

Back