JT Barrett arrested for OVI

STEED

CTG Partner
Staff member
He's 20 FWIW. I'm thinking a one quarter suspension ;)

<header style="box-sizing: border-box;">SOURCES:
OHIO STATE QUARTERBACK J.T. BARRETT ARRESTED FOR OVI EARLY SATURDAY MORNING

</header>
62430_h.jpg,qitok=cSfwePLF.pagespeed.ce.DA2iRvVk-v.jpg
138 COMMENTS

<article class="article-content" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 3em; padding: 0px;">According to two sources within the Columbus Police Department, Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while impaired (OVI) early Saturday morning near campus.
Barrett was arrested near High and Tompkins, just north of Campus after policed noticed the player attempt to avoid an OVI checkpoint in the area. Per CPD sources, Barrett was cooperative and blew into a breathalyzer, registering slightly over Ohio's legal limit of 0.08 blood-alcohol concentration.
The quarterback was released to his teammate, fellow quarterback Cardale Jones, who provided Barrett a ride home.

Because Barrett is under the legal drinking age of 21, he could be subject to a two-week suspension under the Ohio State Department of Athletic's student-athlete drug and alcohol program.
Jones had been the starter this season for the No. 1-ranked Buckeyes through the first seven games of the season before Barrett started his first game last Saturday against Rutgers.

Barrett has thrown for 472 yards and seven touchdowns this season while also running for 329 yards and seven additional scores. Last season as the full-time starter, Barrett broke the Big Ten record with 45 total touchdowns and finished fifth in the voting for the Heisman Trophy.
The Buckeyes are on a bye this weekend before hosting Minnesota 8 p.m. on Nov. 7.

Ohio State did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
</article>
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...rrett-arrested-for-ovi-early-saturday-morning

you could do heart surgery @ .08....certainly play ball the next day see J Namath, K Stabler, D Meredith et al

guys yes I agree but the guy is just a kid having fun almost everybody would drive in that spot the problem he just got caught the kid was in the wrong spot at the wrong time nothing more:beer1:party girls drinking drugs nobody would walk home the kid got caught

STEED whats happening my brother pm when your in town nobody wants to go to MILLERS bar

Stupid question, but why was Cardale Jones the one who came and picked him up? Don't they usually alert school officials first to try and keep these things under wraps?

Yep one game suspension.

So under 21, you get two games.

But a misdeameanor DUI..(not calling it whatever Ohio calls it)...under 21...you get 1 game?

Not bitching. I want him in, it is worth money to me better. Just curious as to how that is a lesser offense?

So, an MIP would be a 2-game suspension but Drunk Driving is less?

Kooky.

Not like he misses Sparty either way.

If Cardale does a knee at training this week does the 1 game suspension become 1 quarter?

I doubt it, Urban being a man of principle and all

It's not high school. ADs and school boards don't make the decision, head coach does. Everyone knows Urban isn't gonna suspend him any more than he really "has" to...is what it is. Murder someone under Urban and sit a quarter. It's what he does - shouldn't come as any surprise.

It's not high school. ADs and school boards don't make the decision, head coach does. Everyone knows Urban isn't gonna suspend him any more than he really "has" to...is what it is. Murder someone under Urban and sit a quarter. It's what he does - shouldn't come as any surprise.

No, I was just reading the guidelines is all.

And lol at you wanting him to play Reno. Stop lol

I don't root against fellow teams in conference. I am not a Sparty fan. They so that all the time.

I like JT in because that helps my wagers. Cardale does not.

Win or lose, always want tOSU 11-0 going into the game...

Start reprising the '90's next year.

Back