Josh Willingham and Scott Olson trade to Nats

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Nationals have picked up Scott Olsen and Josh Willingham from the Marlins for Emilio Bonifacio and a package of minor leaguers. Two of the minor leaguers are right-hander P.J. Dean and infielder Jake Smolinski. If the Marlins like Bonifacio that much, it could mean that Dan Uggla is on the way out. The Nats could pencil in Willingham at first base and then move him to the outfield if Nick Johnson is healthy.

Wow. What the hell are the Fish trying to do here. First Jacobs then this??

The WFC are not concerned with either the Fish or the Nats this year, and this deal does nothing to change that

If the Nats get Texiera I would be worried a little bit. Their lineup is shaping up real nice

Now, I'm a Willingham fan (I drafted him as a minor-leaguer for my Strat-o-Matic franchise a few years ago; Go 'Topes!) and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Uggla traded next, but even after trading Willingham and Jacobs, the Marlins lineup isn't that bad:

Maybin CF
Bonifacio 2B
Ramirez SS
Uggla 3B
Hermida RF
Cantu 1B
Ross LF (quietly hit 22 HR this year)
Treanor C

And its not called 'cocky' when you have the best starting pitcher in the game, the best closer in the game, the best set up guy in the game, the best 1st baseman in the game, the best 2nd baseman in the game and the best shortstop in the game. Its called being a 'realist.'

:tiphat:

Weird. I didnt see Johan Santana, Albert Pujols, Scott Shields, and Hanely Ramirez on the Phillies

uggla if he stays on the marlins will be moving to 3rd(his most natural position) and have coghlan i think playing 2nd or Bonaficio. of course cantu at first still have mcpherson on the bench

Back