Josh Smith Waived

since money isnt an option this year he could sign cheap for a contender maybe try and rebuild his value

Clips, Warriors, Rockets all need front court help

since money isnt an option this year he could sign cheap for a contender maybe try and rebuild his value

Clips, Warriors, Rockets all need front court help

Yup - gets his contract money from the pistons and can sign for veteran minimum with anyone who has cap space.... but buyer beware....

The remainder of Smith's contract will be stretched over the next five years - Pistons will use the stretch provision on Josh Smith
40 million

Had heard from a Pistons front office member that Detroit daily pursued Josh Smith trades with all 29 other NBA teams. Zero were interested.

Houston's aggressively pursuing Smith, sources say. Rockets-Smith had strong mutual interest 'in 13, but couldn't get sign-and-trade done.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the dubs if he promises to quit launching 3's. Especially if it's for the veteran minimum.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the dubs if he promises to quit launching 3's. Especially if it's for the veteran minimum.

basically.

hes going to hurt some team if he signs and does this. I dont really see a good place for him to sign unless he actually bought into the team mentality - i dont see it. Like Houston... think it would hurt them more than actually help them to add a 2nd shitty FT shooter.

basically.

hes going to hurt some team if he signs and does this. I dont really see a good place for him to sign unless he actually bought into the team mentality - i dont see it. Like Houston... think it would hurt them more than actually help them to add a 2nd shitty FT shooter.
You mean there's not a big market for guys with terrible shot selection and who can't create their own shot?

I actually think San Antonio would be the best fit for him, as far as him being able to progress as a player - don't see why any other contending team would really need him though...

If he would have quit shooting three pointers, Detroit wouldn't have waived him...

Also, it will be funny to see him go to Houston of all places and stop launching three pointers...

He and Dwight are good friends, no?

If he would have quit shooting three pointers, Detroit wouldn't have waived him...

Also, it will be funny to see him go to Houston of all places and stop launching three pointers...

He and Dwight are good friends, no?

best man at his wedding...

question

If he gets picked up another by another team, does D still owe him all the money?

he gets paid twice?

Also, the NBA has a problem.....are they renogtiating the players deal soon? I think the players want more and TV money right?

wow

I think its 3-4 years away

the tv deal goes way up next year, cap is going to sky rocket

which is why this move doesnt hurt detroit

Both teams
I believe pistons pay the difference of what rox gave him and what is owed.

Back