Josh Smith says Hawks "going to shock the world"

H.R. Pufnstuf

Pretty much a regular
First time in the playoffs in years and they talking shit? I hope boston beats there ass by 30 every game.

LMAO....... Nice, they could have maybe caught Boston sleeping in Game 1 or 2, now KG and Co. have some juicy bulletin board material

I agree, any chance of surprise that atlanta was going give boston is now over. I as well hope that boston beats them by 20+ every game.

I would need to see the entire quote, but in the above link, he never guarantees victory. To me, shocking the world would be to win a game or two, or maybe push the Celtics to the limits. I don't have any problem with what he said in the above link. For a team making the playoffs for the first time in years, with next to no shot at winning, any sign of confidence is good.

this is plain stupid - they should have pleaded the line we're just happy to be here, theyre a great team, its gonna tough

instead, they've produced a red rag before the bull, lol

LMAO....... Nice, they could have maybe caught Boston sleeping in Game 1 or 2, now KG and Co. have some juicy bulletin board material

Agreed. I dont think KG needs to be fired up anymore now that he finally has a legit chance to win a title.

atlanta may present problems to the boston celtics. that is how boston keeps its interest after beating the sh*t out of atlanta in the next two games.

last time atlanta was in the play-offs, they got beat in seven games by miami (wade, butler, odom). last time they faced boston in the play-offs, nique went toe to toe with bird in scoring. nique ended up with 40ish points. bird had 30ish points and the w for his team.

you can't take anything away from atlanta though. they deserve to be in the play-offs.

I guess he has nothing to lose. If they win he's a genius....if they don't, they weren't expected to win.

atlanta may present problems to the boston celtics. that is how boston keeps its interest after beating the sh*t out of atlanta in the next two games.

last time atlanta was in the play-offs, they got beat in seven games by miami (wade, butler, odom). last time they faced boston in the play-offs, nique went toe to toe with bird in scoring. nique ended up with 40ish points. bird had 30ish points and the w for his team.

you can't take anything away from atlanta though. they deserve to be in the play-offs.

Last time Atlanta made the playoffs was 1998-1999 and I believe Dwayne Wade was still in high school. I wouldnt be shocked if the Hawks were to pull out one game but in no way do they have any chance to win 4 out of 7 games.

That was the N.O. Hornets with Baron Davis who lost in 7 games to that Heat team in the first round, not the Hawks.

this year a guy from the pitsburgh steelers said the same thing versus the patriots and the pats just crush them in the game. so the guy from atlanta should shut his mouth if he don't want to be humiliating with his team
yes , they will shock the world if they achieve to cover the spread at least one!!!!:36_11_6:

Atlanta forward Josh Smith has said his team is "going to shock the world" by upsetting the Celtics in Round 1, while teammate Josh Childress has said he doesn't think "there's any position where you can say we are severely undermanned against them."

The Hawks would probably shock the world if they manage to win two games in the series.
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/04/18/garnett_is_off_for_some_family_time/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Boston+Celtics+news

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

My Celtics game ends quickly. Celtics at home in their last 6 home games won the first quarter by 5, 10, 12, 19, 6, and 13. This is their first playoff game. There is no number they can put up that will stop me from playing Celtics first quarter.

Back