Jon Rahm - CRYPTIC COMMENTS

BringInTheLefty

Pretty much a regular
“No matter what happens, thanks to the PGA Tour, they gave me an opportunity to play golf. I’m in a very high state of privilege in this world. I can only be thankful. If things change, things change, I’ll have to adapt and make some decisions”

“At the end of the day I’m still very privileged, whether the PGA Tour and LIV Golf align or not or who plays and who likes who, it doesn’t really matter.”

"It gets to a point where you want to have faith in management and I want to have faith that this is the best thing for all of us, but its clear that's not the consensus

Your thoughts ?

For as great a golfer as he is, Rahm's mastery of the English language is almost more impressive. He speaks better than most native English speakers.

Rahm hasn't been as vocal in his criticisms against LIV as many others. He's been lobbying for the DPT to allow Sergio to be eligible for the Ryder Cup team. The rollout of this framework was handled about as poorly as possible, and I'm sure many of the guys who chose loyalty to the PGA Tour are pretty irritated. I think it will all end up being a big nothing-burger, except now the Saudis will be able to shake hands with the biggest corporations and investment firms in the US on a regular basis

For as great a golfer as he is, Rahm's mastery of the English language is almost more impressive. He speaks better than most native English speakers.

Rahm hasn't been as vocal in his criticisms against LIV as many others. He's been lobbying for the DPT to allow Sergio to be eligible for the Ryder Cup team. The rollout of this framework was handled about as poorly as possible, and I'm sure many of the guys who chose loyalty to the PGA Tour are pretty irritated. I think it will all end up being a big nothing-burger, except now the Saudis will be able to shake hands with the biggest corporations and investment firms in the US on a regular basis
I doubt LIV even offers those massive premiums to join at this point

Golf is effectively owned by the Saudis now and that's 100% on Monahan. Hope he got paid a king's ransom for his sake, not even sure Witness Protection will be safe for him at this point.

There’s now an opportunity for a US backed league, to go LIV on LIV/PGA. Offer payouts based on revenue sharing model, get an American businessman or two behind it. It could really take off. LIV sucked. But a profit sharing model, a new league with an actual good TV deal/network, could thrive right now. Rahm Rory Scottie Burns Speith JT could be possibly owners if they start it up. A bi-weekly league, too, with mandatory attendance given the easier schedule. Sign a deal with Fox and call it a day! I should contract for them. Essentially turn the PGA into LIV since it’s sort of what it’s become anyway.

There’s now an opportunity for a US backed league, to go LIV on LIV/PGA. Offer payouts based on revenue sharing model, get an American businessman or two behind it. It could really take off. LIV sucked. But a profit sharing model, a new league with an actual good TV deal/network, could thrive right now. Rahm Rory Scottie Burns Speith JT could be possibly owners if they start it up. A bi-weekly league, too, with mandatory attendance given the easier schedule. Sign a deal with Fox and call it a day! I should contract for them. Essentially turn the PGA into LIV since it’s sort of what it’s become anyway.
Fox would have to up its game, obviously no Joe Buck anymore but those US Opens they covered were beyond cringe.

I heard or read somewhere that there is interest from US corporations sponsoring that type of league, I guess now that it would be for-profit, more sponsors may come forward

Fox would have to up its game, obviously no Joe Buck anymore but those US Opens they covered were beyond cringe.

Yeah I tossed out Fox as example but not based on them and their actual recent coverages. They were horrific!

Reactions: KJ
FOX had a really rough start, but I thought the last couple were ok. They had a few innovations/changes that have been adopted by the other providers, namely extended coverage for all 4 rounds. And after the first year disaster of having football guys be commentators, they found a pretty good lineup with Azinger, Faxon and Gil Hanse. Also believe they were the first to use Trackman/shot tracker on shots from the fairway

Back