Jon Gruden

Coverdatspred

Curious About George Costanza‘s Modeling Career
Rumors flying that he and the Raiders are discussing a possible comeback. While I'm all for giving Dennis Allen another season to see if he can turn it around Chucky would be the only reason scrapping that plan makes sense.

He and his family LOVED the Bay Area the first time around. He had a great relationship with the younger Davis. He is seen sporting Raiders gear just about every time MNF shows up in the Bay Area. By all accounts he still bleeds silver and black and has unfinished business.

Ill admit this is probably a pipe dream at this point but I honestly think they are going to make an attractive offer to the guy. If he turns it down so be it but he needs to get back to coaching, football needs coaches like Gruden. Too damn talented to sit in a booth.

He needs a qb. That is why it went to hell in Tampa. I'd be shocked if he went there without a solid qb in place.

Raiders just absolutely blasted PFW and Hub Arkush

An e-mail from Raiders director media relations Zak Gilbert on the “rumor” that Jon Gruden could be rejoining the Raiders . . .Members of the media: There are two people on this planet that have the ability to make talks happen between Jon Gruden and the Raiders, with regard to him allegedly taking over the football operations, and/or the position of head coach. Each of those individuals, owner Mark Davis and general manager Reggie McKenzie, wanted me to communicate that this rumor has no validity whatsoever. And for the record, I’m personally disgusted that Hub Arkush would spread such an untruth on the day our head coach, Dennis Allen, had to determine with his mom, his brother and sister, whether to take his dad off life support or wait and hope that he would regain consciousness. Dennis didn’t have an opportunity to say goodbye to his dad, but he did have an opportunity to take a phone call regarding Hub’s story.

McKenzie likes Allen, he gets at least 1 more years

Reggie has completely gutted this team in order to rebuild, not going to fire a coach after one year in a situation like that

although Gruden back would be great one day

McKenzie likes Allen, he gets at least 1 more years

Reggie has completely gutted this team in order to rebuild, not going to fire a coach after one year in a situation like that

although Gruden back would be great one day

Maybe they told him to wait another year in the booth and the job is his again if he wants it? I started off by dismissing this as a rumor but to be honest I think he would take it if they offered it.

I could see that, I don't see a job Gruden will take this year, and if Allen doesn't work out next year I think it would be a real possibility

him and Mark definitely get along (he lit the torch before a game this year), and he knows how loved he is by the fan base

he couldn't turn it down

I could see that, I don't see a job Gruden will take this year, and if Allen doesn't work out next year I think it would be a real possibility

him and Mark definitely get along (he lit the torch before a game this year), and he knows how loved he is by the fan base

he couldn't turn it down

Would be great to have him back.

Gotta believe that they have spoken at the very least though, where there is smoke there is fire with these things. I don't buy the explanation in that note sent out by the Raiders. Mark is not happy with Dennis Allen and its been public. The realist in me thinks this doesn't happen this year, the Raiders fan in me wishes it would happen tomorrow.

Teeed he still does local Bay Area radio talk shows at a local bar every now and then and he shows up in Raiders gear.

Gruden is the man I would love to see him bring some life into any west coast team

he couldn't turn it down

Oh he could, and he will if offered. That team is a mess with no immediate prospects. Hard to run Grudens offense with no QB.....

Back