John Gruden

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jon Gruden has "reached out to possible assistants."

Gruden has been linked to the Bucs as the top candidate to replace Dirk Koetter. Unlike previous years, Gruden is serious about returning, and Tampa looks to be his preferred destination. With Gruden in the stages of putting together a staff, talks could heat up over the next week. The Bucs will likely need to make Gruden one of the highest paid coaches to get him out of his ESPN deal.
Source: NFL Network
Dec 24 - 8:47 AM

Guy is rumored to go about 10 different places a year ever since he took job in the booth. Just can't see him giving up that nice cushy job he incredibly overpaid to do so he can go back to 100 hour work weeks and bunch of stress. Why?

I will say that this time he report is him reaching out. Last few years his name gets thrown into the pot for these cfb teams, this one seems a little different.

I will say that this time he report is him reaching out. Last few years his name gets thrown into the pot for these cfb teams, this one seems a little different.

Yea I agree does seem a little different, and maybe fact it Tampa it more likely. Still think he be crazy to leave ESPN to go back to coaching!! He has like the sweetest gig in the history of jobs and gets wayyyy overpaid to do it!! No chance would I leave that to go back to long ass workweeks and bunch of stress!!

Hasn't coached in a decade. He apparently loves watching film, but it's one thing to analyse, another to successfully scheme against it. I get it, he's competitive, but go on a 3-5 run and that 6.5 million to sit in a booth once a week looks really appealing again all of a sudden. After his SB win he basically went 500 the next 6 seasons

Parcells was away for 4 years, and in his return he didn't win a division or playoff game. Gibbs was away for a decade and had the same results as Parcells. The game passes you by very quickly

Back