Joe Torre will reportedly be named the Dodgers manager

Link? I sure hope not. As a Giants fan I'm perfectly happy with Grady Little managing the Dodgers. I never could dislike Torre as the Yankee manager, but I'm sure I'll have no problem disliking him as the Dodger manager.

Ha, too funny.

Classic LA. First Phil Jackson, now Joe Torre.

You know, if Scotty Bowman was available . . . well, maybe not.

yuck. just heard it on the radio. I officially dislike Joe Torre and any of those bastard Yankees he brings with him to LA.

You know, JP, until your post I forgot about this.

I used to have a soft spot in my heart for the Giants. Not that I was a fan, but I thought it was cool when they did well.

I just realized I know when that changed. Barry Bonds.

Maybe now I can sort of like that team again.

Link? I sure hope not. As a Giants fan I'm perfectly happy with Grady Little managing the Dodgers. I never could dislike Torre as the Yankee manager, but I'm sure I'll have no problem disliking him as the Dodger manager.

:36_11_6:

:down2:

This will be huge for the Dodgers and probably turns 10-15 loses from Little into wins with Torre...I hate Grady Little with a passion that I have for no other manager/coach in any sport because he is such an incompetent piece of shit...I also love how this is being reported and the Dodgers havent even fired Little yet...It is just fantastic:smiley_acbe:

This will be huge for the Dodgers and probably turns 10-15 loses from Little into wins with Torre...I hate Grady Little with a passion that I have for no other manager/coach in any sport because he is such an incompetent piece of shit...I also love how this is being reported and the Dodgers havent even fired Little yet...It is just fantastic:smiley_acbe:
Yeah I couldnt stand Little Mind I fuckin hated that dude with a passion.

Don Mattingly is supposed to come with him right ? You guys think he will help the young dodger sluggers ?
Thats basically what I was getting at...what myself and Yanks talked about earlier tonight..his son is a hot-shot prospect in the org out there

thats cool Im so stoked with this move. I originally wanted Girardi as the Dodgers Manager but the Yanks got him. I thought he would have been a better fit in LA. A lot of pressure on a young Girardi in NY.

A-Rod dont really like Torre that much right ?

So no A-Rod in dodger blue ?

thats cool Im so stoked with this move. I originally wanted Girardi as the Dodgers Manager but the Yanks got him. I thought he would have been a better fit in LA. A lot of pressure on a young Girardi in NY.

A-Rod dont really like Torre that much right ?

So no A-Rod in dodger blue ?
Thats the theory at this point...

you would think

but the all-mighty dollar is the main thing

please over pay for A-Rod dodgers.He's exacly what this team needs :prayer
50 homesr and a .188 postseason avg...lol

I understand though
imagine a possible..whatever happens...Dodger-Yanks series in next few years..the intrigue..like 77 all over again..heh

what about mariano rivera how his relationship with Torre ?

If Saito retires I would want mariano.

But I hope the dodger pay Saito some big bucks he deserves it.

50 homesr and a .188 postseason avg...lol

I understand though
imagine a possible..whatever happens...Dodger-Yanks series in next few years..the intrigue..like 77 all over again..heh

Imagine that lol

Dodgers vs Yanks in the WS

dodgers have Torre , Don M , Rivera and A-Rod

:smiley_acbe:

There was rumors during the end of the season that the Dodgers were talking to the twins about a Johan Santana trade.

And Im hearing trades with the Marlins for Cabrera. Kid is a beast...

lol...this happened very quick. i shared this rumor w/ BAR about 6 or 8 hours before it really got out late tonight.

few things...

w/in 24 hrs, LAD will fire grady. however...w/out some quick maneuvering, the Dodgers will also be paying a fine to MLB for not going thru the requisite minority interview.

but yeah...Torre was the #2 choice for the Dodgers. imo though, a better fit for them than their #1 choice, the other Joe. the reason is that clubhouse. it got so fucked up, between the young and the old, that it'll take someone like Torre...who they all have to respect as players, and is above reproach as players...to bring them together. (if that's even still possible.)

and yes, Donny Baseball comes along for the ride as the new LAD bench coach. his son is a hot SS prospect for them...top draft pick 2 years ago...and if he didn't get the yankee manager job, he was coming to LA one way or the other anyways.

as far as A-Rod...i've heard both sides already tonight.
the obvious is that this removes the dodgers from the sweepstakes, because of what Torre did to Arod in the '06 playoffs. however...i don't buy it. the reason is that Torre and Arod came to an understanding early this year...and their entire workign relationship changed as a result.
but the bottom line is $$$. as long as he gets the type of new deal Boras is saying he should get...between 30 & 35 million a year...Arod would play for team he knows will lose, managed by Saddam Hussein, and located in Siberia.

heard something classic today...
that horrid mistake of a deal he signed with Texas was 252 million for only one reason. (not 250m or 260m...)
it was 252m because it was exactly double the highest pro contract ever signed at the time, which was Kevin Garnet's 126M deal.
and that little tidbit tells us everythign we need to know about the Arod/Boras duo...and their egos.

lol...this happened very quick. i shared this rumor w/ BAR about 6 or 8 hours before it really got out late tonight.

few things...

w/in 24 hrs, LAD will fire grady. however...w/out some quick maneuvering, the Dodgers will also be paying a fine to MLB for not going thru the requisite minority interview.

but yeah...Torre was the #2 choice for the Dodgers. imo though, a better fit for them than their #1 choice, the other Joe. the reason is that clubhouse. it got so fucked up, between the young and the old, that it'll take someone like Torre...who they all have to respect as players, and is above reproach as players...to bring them together. (if that's even still possible.)

and yes, Donny Baseball comes along for the ride as the new LAD bench coach. his son is a hot SS prospect for them...top draft pick 2 years ago...and if he didn't get the yankee manager job, he was coming to LA one way or the other anyways.

as far as A-Rod...i've heard both sides already tonight.
the obvious is that this removes the dodgers from the sweepstakes, because of what Torre did to Arod in the '06 playoffs. however...i don't buy it. the reason is that Torre and Arod came to an understanding early this year...and their entire workign relationship changed as a result.
but the bottom line is $$$. as long as he gets the type of new deal Boras is saying he should get...between 30 & 35 million a year...Arod would play for team he knows will lose, managed by Saddam Hussein, and located in Siberia.

heard something classic today...
that horrid mistake of a deal he signed with Texas was 252 million for only one reason. (not 250m or 260m...)
it was 252m because it was exactly double the highest pro contract ever signed at the time, which was Kevin Garnet's 126M deal.
and that little tidbit tells us everythign we need to know about the Arod/Boras duo...and their egos.

thanks Yanks appreciate the Info.

Also with the dodgers it did et ugly between old players and the young ones. How do you think Torre can do with all these young bats and arms ?

On a-rod I figured we would be out of the sweepstakes unless we give him a crazy offer. But I would pay him every penny.

thanks

lol...stranger things have happened, throwback.

and i know saito very well. i get season tix to the dodgers every year, for my company. problem is that he's only got a year, maybe two, left in the tank imo.

but torre is an excellent mediator, father figure. he's not the best on field manager, working w/ youngins, by any means...but he is great at getting a clubhouse unified, no matter how problematic. but still...that's what his other coaches are for, theoretically. (maybe tony pena comes along too)

i'll have more later...but u got a crazy freakin' owner, with a parking lot sized ego of his own...so imho that crazy offer might be jsut around the corner. i mean what else would u expect from a former bostonian?

lol...stranger things have happened, throwback.

and i know saito very well. i get season tix to the dodgers every year, for my company. problem is that he's only got a year, maybe two, left in the tank imo.

but torre is an excellent mediator, father figure. he's not the best on field manager, working w/ youngins, by any means...but he is great at getting a clubhouse unified, no matter how problematic. but still...that's what his other coaches are for, theoretically. (maybe tony pena comes along too)

i'll have more later...but u got a crazy freakin' owner, with a parking lot sized ego of his own...so imho that crazy offer might be jsut around the corner. i mean what else would u expect from a former bostonian?

lol thanks man.

nope i dont.

but i cant wait to hear all summer how the dodgers are the team to beat in the NL now either ;)

Rivera will be signed within the next few days and Posada will soon follow. As for Torre, he would definitely fit in in the LAD organization. A few NYY executives from years past currently work for the LAD so they know what Torre brings to the table as far as character and his resume.

Shhhhh.... I'm still trying to envision Mo in red pinstripes 80 miles away. I keep hearing there is a chance. Please god.

hehe, i understand.

back to torre/donny/etc...

you all know Grady resigned today, lol. but the torre thing should be buttoned up on thursday. then the other pieces will fall into place, is my guess.

LA is abuzz...and becoming NYY west.

Boras was doing local interviews in LA today as well...for what it's worth.

definitely, yes. i think it's a perfect fit in so many ways, it's almost too "hollywood" perfect.

but whether he accepts or not will entirely depend on the $$$, obviously.

btw....donny baseball is such a class act. my sincere hope is that he's the next/next manager of the NYY...after he gets some more experience.

check this quote from today...

The former slugger said Cashman "basically" told him he wanted Mattingly back as bench coach, and Mattingly thought Girardi probably would have agreed to that.
But Mattingly ruled out coaching for the Yankees next season because he thought it wouldn't be fair to any new manager if he were still on staff. It could lead to too much speculation and second-guessing.
"I just don't think it's the right thing for me at this point," he said.

He knows the NY papers...and how they'd react to a two game losing streak. Just a class act...and imagine how he could help those LAD bats.

you think that donny baseball's son has a future in the bigs ?

And with A-Rod I have been a fan of him since way way back . when he was with Griffey, Martinez bro's and all them. Me and A-Rod have the same birthday to crazy lol.

you think that donny baseball's son has a future in the bigs ?

And with A-Rod I have been a fan of him since way way back . when he was with Griffey, Martinez bro's and all them. Me and A-Rod have the same birthday to crazy lol.

no idea...but that's what they're saying. fondy's the minor league geek, and could answer that better i'm sure.

i'll always be a fan of a-rod as a player. how can u not be?

funny about the b-days. mine is tiger woods, sandy koufax, and a few other big names. guess i missed out on the good luck/fortune that came on that december day...

It's official 3 yrs 13 Mill

yep...congrats Dodgers. :cheers:

best coaching staff they've had in what seems like decades.
read that Mattingly and Bowa are on board. and i'm not sure on his health...but it would be a total coup if Joe could drag Mel out of retirement to be the LAD pitching coach.

Back