Joba Chamberlain's mom arrested for selling meth

New_York_Bob

Pretty much a regular
The mother of Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain was arrested on suspicion of selling meth to an undercover officer in Lincoln.

Jacqueline Standley was arrested Saturday at her apartment at 1641 Prospect St. and charged Monday with delivery of an exceptionally hazardous drug, a Class 2 felony.

In court Monday, County Judge James Foster set her percentage bond at $5,000 and appointed the public defender’s office to represent her. Standley bonded out of jail Monday night.

The charge carries a possible one- to 50-year prison sentence.

In court records, police allege the 44-year-old delivered a bag of methamphetamine to an undercover officer the night of Feb. 11 at her apartment.

Police sent the suspected meth to the State Crime Lab, where it was tested and confirmed to be 0.6 grams of meth.

Reached Monday night, Standley said she had no comment at this time. “My lawyer said not to talk to anybody, but I pray it all works out well,” she said.

Standley, who grew up in Lincoln, has been estranged from her son and daughter the past few years.

Last September, the Lincoln Journal Star wrote an in-depth story about Standley, who had turned her apartment into a shrine to the Yankees star.

She talked about her love for Joba, her desire to reunite with both of her grown kids and her sadness for the bad choices she made that had led to the estrangement.

She insisted she had been involved in her son’s life — despite what he and his father, Harlan Chamberlain, have told reporters — and that her decision to let his father take the lead in raising him was because she struggled with depression and drugs.

“No. I wasn’t the greatest mother,” she told the Journal Star then. “But in the bad choices I made, I in turn made good choices. And one was for them to be with their dad a lot.”

Standley appeared Monday in the same courtroom where her son pleaded guilty to DUI a month ago.

On April 1, County Judge Laurie Yardley sentenced him to nine months of probation.

joba's mom
scared.gif

doc49ff53ec314f9201512404.jpg

That is a very sad story. She did make a good choice to turn the children over to the father for their good and for that she should be forgiven by her children. One of the hardest things in life is to forgive others. When you can't do it, you will carry the baggage around with you for the rest of your life.

I don't know if Joba Chamberlain is a professing Christian because for a Christian, forgiveness is not an option, but a command! Whatever, I hope and pray he comes to the aid of his mother because she really is a very pathetic case and needs his support and help.

That is a very sad story. She did make a good choice to turn the children over to the father for their good and for that she should be forgiven by her children. One of the hardest things in life is to forgive others. When you can't do it, you will carry the baggage around with you for the rest of your life.

Very nice words Action...true

the only thing I'm left wondering is - if Joba is making much cheddar, why the hell is mom trying to sell drugs to make cheddar herself?

Joba & his father have said she didn't want to be a part of Joba's life growing up and won't be now,

But...Anyone hitting Red Sox tomorrow? +117 with Beckett vs. Joba?

Joba & his father have said she didn't want to be a part of Joba's life growing up and won't be now,

But...Anyone hitting Red Sox tomorrow? +117 with Beckett vs. Joba?

Check out Loul as he got +123 and he doesn't play many 2u dogs. He had a bad day yesterday but with all the distraction for this game and Yanks pressing, it this look's like a very good price for the underdog. .

Not only was she selling it, it looks like she might've been using it too. Yuck. If she opened that mouth i'm pretty sure we'd see meth mouth.

Is there ever an attractive Meth addict? It is so crazy, every picture I see of a person that is involved with Meth, this is basically what they look like.

Back