Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brady Quinn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

C-Gold

Who will become a better pro.
Jemarcus Russell or Brady Quinn?
There is no middle ground, one or the other.

Brady has been prepared better and is in an organization that may not win, but at least tries to improve their team.

So you'd have to say it's a staggered start from the beginning.

Not to mention the Browns have made a serious effort for two straight years to build an offensive line.

Honestly, I'm going to say Brady in large part to Russell being on the Raiders.

If they switched places, I'd say Russell.

The funny thing is that Brady is better suited for the west coast offense... ( Oakland) while Russell is more suited to ideally excel in a conventional offense ( Cleveland).

Cleveland did bring in Bently last year, and they picked Thomas because ( even if we did bring in a QB, if he doesn't have blocking he can't fairly be assessed).

I really am NOT a fan of Russell. That being said, the more you read, the more you here how very few feel Quinn will be a decent pro. That's obvious in his drop in the draft. And many are saying he's no better than this year's 2nd tier guys.

I took Russell by default, but I could see Quinn out of the league in 4yrs and Russell having just an average career.

They also brought in Schaffer last year from Atlanta--who now wants to be traded because he was a bust this year and they drafted Thomas.

They also brought in Andruzzi the year before along with one other lineman I believe. The reality is, that team really does understand you have to have a strong O-line to even pretend you're going to succeed. The problem isn't that they don't get it, just that they can't seem to do it.

Hopefully now with Steinbach and Thomas they can add to Fraley and Tucker and have something.

If Russell was an NBA center he would have the one thing that will keep you in the league for 10 years even if you can never really grasp the game, height.

Russell has a big arm. Say what you will, but guys like Jeff George stuck around forever, long after they should have been put out to pasture, because they had a big arm.

The other thing people like about him vs. Brady is his accuracy. That's the knock on Quinn, he's got the size, the attitude, the coaching, and yet sometimes he puts the ball into the cheap seats, or worse, into the hands of Michigan St.

Weiss goes nuts when people say that Brady wasn't accurate. He said that's how they run their pass patters, for their receivers to come back 2 yards to the ball.

He maintains that Brady is accurate and that in 3 years he will be the 3rd best QB in the league ( behind Manning and Brady). Sounds like a hell of an endorsement coming from the guy that coached Tom Brady.

that would be nice to see. although comming from weis who plays teams like navy, army, air force, and FAU I really don't think that he has seen top talent except when they play USC every year or get stomped out in the bowl game they go to every year.

Sounds like a hell of an endorsement coming from the guy that coached Tom Brady.

Quite honestly, if Quinn would have gone in the top three of the draft, he would have owed Weis a finder's fee. Because I've heard that quote so many damn times it's not even funny. Again, the merciless pimping of that kid worried me before the draft and it worries me now.

But I hope Fat Charlie is right.

Weiss goes nuts when people say that Brady wasn't accurate. He said that's how they run their pass patters, for their receivers to come back 2 yards to the ball.

He maintains that Brady is accurate and that in 3 years he will be the 3rd best QB in the league ( behind Manning and Brady). Sounds like a hell of an endorsement coming from the guy that coached Tom Brady.

and that is why i voted quinn.

I got a feeling Russell will get hurt. He's too big. Easy target.

Especially if that line plays the way it did last year. If they throw him behind that thing he may not see his 25th birthday.

That AFC West is all messed up and it could be easy pickings for JeMarcus, reminds me of a Steve McNair, but getting rid of Moss?? don't know about that

TM makes a very good point. Right now there's only one good defense in the AFC West and that's in SD. Well, the Raiders are coming on, but Russell will only have to see them in practice. Denver has a decent secondary, but their line is weak so between Denver and KC that's four games he shouldn't have to worry too much about getting drilled.

On the other hand, the NFC North does have Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

JP-

Denver's dee line ain't going to be weak for long, man. They got the best DT in the draft pool.....Marcus Thomas.

Yeah, I know he's a pot-head, but I got a feeling he'll keep his act together this coming year and dominate from his position.

This dude was, by far, the best player on Florida's team last year before his dismissal by Bill Parcells, Jr (Urban Meyer).

Clay, the Broncos' OL could get real good, real quick, you're right. I like Moss. As a Gator guy I've seen more of him than just that last game, but he's a stud.

They also have Dumerville who had a pretty solid rookie year.

What I love is how everybody was all geeked about how much of a genius Shanahan was for taking the Browns' castaways, and now everybody's figuring out why all those guys were thrown to the dogs.

Cutler was garbage last year

how the hell does Russell remind you of leaf :smiley_acbe:

Probably because Leaf was compared to Manning. Manning was the 4 year stud starter who was on everybodys radar, but couldn't win the "big game".

Leaf on the other hand was the guy who'se stock rose highly after the rose bowl. Manning was seen as too boring, and Leaf was supposed to be a gunslinger.

The main things I hear about Russell are his size and his long toss. Those are more like freak show activities, but not anywhere near the most important aspects of a quarterback.

cutler wasn't garbage last year. Let's wait and see what Russell's number's are this year and then we'll compare. I mean oakland should be in every game because of their defense, but if russell tries to thread the needle too much then we can expect a decent amount of pick six's.

BRADY QUINN + DUDES' CROTCHES =
2774-haha.jpg

ok throwback, have you seen his girlfriend i am pretty sure he is not Yag. If he is he is the girl next to him did one hell of job pretending.

I didn't think much of Quinns girlfriend at all. He could do much better than that chick.

russell no doubt

bradys bitch at tha draft was some shit. id fuck his sister before id fuck wit that bitch

Well, in my efforts to slowly welcome Brady into the Browns' family, one thing I'd say about him--which really came through in his interview after mini-camp practice today--is that he's obviously still young.

There's such an effort to get these kids, all of them, to grow up so fast. For them to be so polished when they're juniors, even sophomores in college when the reality is, many times, kids don't even find themselves and get comfortable with who they are until their mid-to-late 20s.

Brady's young, which may not matter, he may stay somewhat of a jackass, but the truth is, I'm not convinced he's secure in who he is yet. But like I said, given his age, that doesn't totally freak me out.

He's young, but at least he's not a half breed like Mike Vick. 7 years in league and running dog rings.

Jemarcus seems like a nice guy ( not terribly bright), but I hope he doesn't do that kind of stuff.

i really hope michael vick gets suspended for his dog fighting ring. Even if vick dosen't think he is responsible for what goes on at a place that he owns, he is. ignorance is not a defense for mr. vick nor should prosecutors look at it that way.

Back