Jeff Fisher And Bernie Kosar

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
[h=1]Jeff Fisher: I lost respect for Kosar[/h]
Updated: August 10, 2013, 9:08 PM ET
<cite class="source" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden;">By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com</cite>

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Saturday he's lost a lot of respect for former NFL quarterback Bernie Kosar, who was highly critical of Fisher's team while serving as color commentator for the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night during the teams' preseason opener.
Kosar regularly criticized the Rams, specifically their wide receivers and backup quarterbackKellen Clemens.
Fisher was asked about Kosar's comments after the Rams' practice Saturday and did not hold back.
30012.jpg
I'm just surprised that Bernie has such a lack of respect for players and this game. To be honest with you, I lost a lot of respect for him. It's highly unlikely he knew anything about our football team, but felt the need to make those comments. I don't think they were justified.

<cite style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; display: block; clear: right; text-align: right; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">-- Jeff Fisher on Bernie Kosar</cite>​
"First off, let me say this: The Cleveland Browns' organization is a first-class organization from top to bottom and it has been that for years and years and years," Fisher said. "I guess I'm a little disappointed. I feel bad for them that they had someone doing their broadcast feel the need to speak that way about players, specifically on our team and coaches for that matter.
"I'm just surprised that Bernie has such a lack of respect for players and this game. To be honest with you, I lost a lot of respect for him. It's highly unlikely he knew anything about our football team, but felt the need to make those comments. I don't think they were justified."
Among some of Kosar's pointed comments Thursday night were:
After an incompletion intended for Tavon Austin: "I really think that he didn't overthrow him and that Austin has to make that catch in the NFL. I see why Sam Bradford has been struggling watching how bad these receivers have been for him."
After Nick Johnson dropped a pass: "This is actually not a bad throw. These St. Louis receivers are horrible. That's a drop there."
After Browns play-by-play man Jim Donovan asked Kosar what he'd think if he knew some of the parents of Rams receivers were watching, Kosar said he "would be embarrassed."
Kosar then turned his attention to receivers coach Ray Sherman.
"I'm checking through the itinerary here of guys and coaches to see who the receivers coach is to make sure I don't know who this guy is because he's not doing very good either," Kosar said.
Kosar had praise for Bradford but didn't feel the same way about Clemens. When Donovan told Kosar, who had been asking for the use of a telestrator throughout the evening, that he might get one if he was on his best behavior, Kosar responded with a seemingly out-of-nowhere shot at Clemens, an eight-year pro out of Oregon.
"I must not be because the next quarterback in, me and him haven't done too well with each other, too," Kosar said.
Clemens wasn't in the game at the time. Later, when Clemens came in, Donovan relayed a story about the QB giving an autograph to Pope Benedict XVI. Kosar responded by saying he didn't think he'd ever want it.
"Bless me father for I have sinned," Kosar said. "I have to watch him the whole fourth quarter."
Clemens finished the game by completing 6 of 13 passes for 116 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in the Rams' 27-19 loss.
"Bernie's got his issues; they're well documented," Fisher said. "Kellen played well, he played hard, he made plays."

It is well known that Kosar likes to get shit faced

Wasn't he obliterated on his radio show last year or something?

I'm not sure why Fisher cares this much about what's said on a local telecast of preseason football. It's not like Bernie said anything that outrageous, was just kind of awkward and misplaced, which is kind of how Bernie rolls these days. It's actually not widely "known", or admitted anyway, if Bernie's hammered on the air, it's just widely suspected. His erratic speech patterns and bizarre commentary have always been pinned, at least by him and his apologists, on getting his bell rung a few too many times in his career. Concussions. And guy did take a beating, not the fleetest of foot if you remember, behind a subpar offensive line. But I've heard enough drunks talk in my life to say with confidence, he's not just punch drunk, he's drunk drunk too. Just kind of a sad tale of a beloved pro athlete who has never adapted well to life after football. I mean, I think Bernie would like to be around the NFL, but there's a reason this guy never really holds a position in an official capacity with the Browns, despite still being loved to death by the fans of Cleveland 25-some years after his best seasons.

Bernie criticized the Browns TE as well, calling him horrible. Fish is trying to motivate his WRs a little. His WRs did drop a lot of balls. Maybe this picks up their awareness a little more. Who knows.

LOL at Fisher thinking anyone gives a shit about his level of respect. Jeff isn't used to media calling it like it is. After all according to the Peter Kings of the world Jeff Fissure is in the class of Lombardi and Parcells.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NdUeO-UNOBE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unlike MCG, I am a Fisher fan. However, I do not see the big deal here. They are terrible. They are pros. They can be ripped on for sucking.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NdUeO-UNOBE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
He is tanked. He sounds like a 50 year old punch drunk boxer, except he is drunk drunk

That isnt concussions

Bernie tells cops he can't do field sobriety tests cause his Oline sucked lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rm-field-sobriety-test-on-his-offensive-line/

[h=1]Kosar blames inability to perform field sobriety test on his offensive line[/h]Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2013, 8:51 AM EDT
kosar.jpg
There’s nothing funny about drunk driving. And there’s nothing funny about whatever issues have plagued former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar, including most recently an arrest for drunk driving.
But there is something a little funny about the reasons Kosar gave for his inability to pass a field sobriety test on Sunday.
According to the police report, obtained and published by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Kosar explained that he would be unable to perform two of the standard field-sobriety tests because “he had a lot of surgeries on his knees and ankles because his [offensive] line couldn’t block.”
Kosar also butchered the alphabet, when asked to start with E, and he allegedly smelled strongly of alcoholic beverages and had slurred speech. When asked to provide his driver’s license, Kosar handed to the officer two credit cards.
Kosar refused to submit to a breathalyzer test, which automatically triggers a suspension of his license. (But probably not his credit cards.)
In recent years, it has become obvious that Kosar is dealing with many issues and problems and challenges as he continues to try to navigate life after football. Here’s hoping he gets whatever help he needs, sooner rather than later.

This guy's a train wreck. Lot of protective media types in town with egg on their faces. How many times over how many years has his slurred speech and awkward demeanor on the air been attributed to concussions? The way he talks, and his appearance ... he's either drunk more than he's not, or he's the most concussed individual in the history of the world.

Back