Jason written coming out of retirement and returning to the Cowboys

• Thread starter Thread starter bamabradley2424
  • Start date Start date
What a coup for ESPN to get rid of this guy after one year. Can't wait to see what a year off from the league will do for long term health, short term, doubt he's out of protocol after week 3. What a douchebag....but DALLAS.

Tru :cheers3:

What a coup for ESPN to get rid of this guy after one year. Can't wait to see what a year off from the league will do for long term health, short term, doubt he's out of protocol after week 3. What a douchebag....but DALLAS.

Tru :cheers3:
On the cow pasture. Sorry that one and only is down at west Georgia lol

Just merged the 2 threads, boys and girls. One didn't disappear...much easier this way...

Last years were actually pretty pretty good

So due for regression? I get it, it's the only game in town. Bring in a comedian that kinda relates to the audience. Need to increase ratings, an actual analyst won't do anything for that. MNF is the only show in town til you screw it up. It's not about the game, it's about the show.

So due for regression? I get it, it's the only game in town. Bring in a comedian that kinda relates to the audience. Need to increase ratings, an actual analyst won't do anything for that. MNF is the only show in town til you screw it up. It's not about the game, it's about the show.

They tried this with Dennis Miller and it failed miserably...and miserably is being nice compared to how almost everyone actually viewing received it.

It's not Open Mike Night at the Improv...it's Monday Night Football.

Hoping its louis Riddick or my man dan orlovsky replacing
Used to like Riddick. Then he started his smarter and more knowledgeable then anyboyd shtick on twitter. He kind of rubs me the wrong way, if I'm letting a guy rub on me.

He fights with 12 year olds on twitter to prove how smart he is. And I've seen him wrong a lot, but whenver he is right on something he finds the need to pound his chest on twitter. This is the guy who said he'd take Cam Erving the Center from FSU top 5 and would stand on a table for him because he'd be 10 year all pro and sure fire hall of famer. He was cut by the Browns. Its ok to be wrong, just dont act like you never are and jam the stuff you were right about in our faces. Theres a reason he doesnt have a GM job yet imo. I'd tell him to grow up a bit first.

They tried this with Dennis Miller and it failed miserably...and miserably is being nice compared to how almost everyone actually viewing received it.

It's not Open Mike Night at the Improv...it's Monday Night Football.

Scarfy let's think like a marketer here. Dennis Miller related to very few viewers, in fact he turned many off. Bad idea.

Do you go with some great analyst that football fans will identify with? No, they're already watching because it's Monday night and ain't jack on. Why appease them (us)?

Gotta go to how to increase the audience imo, that's where ESPN wins here. They failed with Witten and only had to suffer one season of that

The Athletic's Calvin Watkins reports ESPN wanted to keep Monday Night Football broadcaster Jason Witten, but that he "didn't like the T.V. life."
"He missed the game and didn't like the T.V. life," Watkins' sources said. "ESPN liked him, he was going to do more in the draft to build his confidence," were the words of another. Witten started out poorly in the booth and made little progress as the season progressed. This is best for all involved. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys have "long considered" Witten a head-coaching candidate. Since T.V. does not seem to be in Witten's future, the sidelines likely will be.

Scarfy let's think like a marketer here. Dennis Miller related to very few viewers, in fact he turned many off. Bad idea.

Do you go with some great analyst that football fans will identify with? No, they're already watching because it's Monday night and ain't jack on. Why appease them (us)?

Gotta go to how to increase the audience imo, that's where ESPN wins here. They failed with Witten and only had to suffer one season of that

If you think ESPN has ANY clue what they're doing, then I've got oceanside property to sell you in Kansas.

They are as poorly run of a company as there is in America. People would watch the broadcast if it were 3 blind men on the broadcast because the NFL has the nationest greatest supply/demand ration for its product of nearly anything in the country.

LOL sorry, wasn't meant to be a quorum on media and opinions as such, just where I believe common sense should step in.

We will watch regardless. Joe Trailer will watch regardless. Make the fringe think twice about Netflix on Monday, a couple percent would be huge.

Failed with miller and also with kornheiser

Back