Jap Series...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Passing on the opener. I made Boston 160 and 9.5 over (-120).

No value in either side. Sure, it will be a big game for Matsuzaka, but those Japanese guys don't really feel too much pressure. Blanton has had some success against the Red Sox, and if he settles into a groove early, then he could give Oakland some valuable early innings.

No value for me in the opener. I expect REED to be the umpire. No bet.

Game 2, I hafta wait on the total but I anticipate it being a little lower than the opener because Harden is pitching for Oakland. He's only made 32 starts in the last couple of years, but if he is healthy he is dominant. His numbers against Boston are not pretty, but my Arizona sources are telling me he has been mowing them down with relative ease in Cactus League play. I would expect the Red Sox to be a slight favorite (perhaps -120 or so), and will be on Oakland at any kind of plus-money against the cancer survivor.

GL to everyone, and welcome back to the most profitable sport of the year!

:cheers:

Hey brotha Rex...

I'm taking a shot on Bosox/Under parlay. Reed is a pretty big "Homer" (13-4 in April) and in his last 3 opening games is 0-2-1 O/U record behind the dish. I think his strikezone will be expanded so Dice-K has a good showing in front of his folks.

As far as game 2, might be worth a shot with the A's. Harden's road #'s are very strong...Oppenents hitting .186 and averaging just 2.7 runs when he toes the rubber. As far as the umps, prolly Timmons or Nauert. Timmons slightly OVER and the rest are neutral.

Anyway, looking forward to a profitable year. Let's get em!

Good Luck CKR ! I really like OAK today / nite....lot of value IMO...

I thought the number would be way higher for the A's. I was ready to bet them at something like +175 thinking the RSox would attract every public bettor. Guess not. I think the current line is a pretty good price for the Sox and may jump on.

I think Lester will raise some eyebrows this season, although I am not disputing your play on OAK+? in Gm2. I think Beane has some quality arms on his roster this yr, and I expect that to show.

I thought the number would be way higher for the A's. I was ready to bet them at something like +175 thinking the RSox would attract every public bettor. Guess not. I think the current line is a pretty good price for the Sox and may jump on.

The talk of Oaklands demise is greatly exaggerated IMO.....gonna post some thoughts in a few minutes but by no means believe that I have done more then a few minutes of work on this. BOL bro:shake::cheers:

Since Matchbook is down until 6:30, I'm going to have to bet this at The Greek, where I'm getting :spank: for -162 with a twenty cent comeback.
I might take a shot with the Sox on the RL [E]

Since Matchbook is down until 6:30, I'm going to have to bet this at The Greek, where I'm getting :spank: for -162 with a twenty cent comeback.
I might take a shot with the Sox on the RL [E]

ahh crappppppp, I just saw that matchbook is down too.. god damn it.

No Matchbook today? What a big fuck up.

Interesting game.

Shorty - Why Bos to U? That parlay is not correlated (though just because it went Boston to OVER doesn't mean those were the right sides)...

I am on Harden. His stats against Boston are horrid but he is healthy now and I will take my chances with him in this spot.

The play: Oakland plus 106.

GL!

I took Bean Town because of the offense but love the UNDER...I think both Harden and Lester are solid tonight....Good luck this season CKR

NUT I am looking forward to your thoughts on my A's...the only thing I want to point out in advance is that while the rotation should be able to hold up if healthy, and the offense is just as good as last year...the demise, IMO, comes in the bullpen-they have no one they can rely on outside of Street. The loss of Duchsherer and the injured Kiko Calero hurts.

btw...
with the total again at 9.5, i almost played the under. only reason i didn't was i was unsure of how deep Harden would go. but it's at +105 right now.

Back