January Nihhel...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas.

Gonna get my feet wet tonight.

Leafs -107 (2.14/2u) - Toronto 3rd in four nights, but with the new coach and it being so early in the season, I don't put a lot of stock in that OR the letdown from the big win in Pitt last night. The Leafs outplayed Buffalo Monday but ran into a scorching-hot Miller in a 2-1 loss where they outshot the Sabres nearly 2-to-1 and just ran out of time. The CRIS opener of -140 seems close to being right, so there should be value on the home short fave tonight.

Philly OVER 5.5 +120 (2/2.40) - Lundqvist didn't seem himself over the weekend when giving up the world; i didn't see it so perhaps his defenders let him down. Philly is in shambles, particularly without Hartnell, Briere and Braydon Schenn - expect the Rangers to send droves of guys into the crease as the Flyers are without their enforcer. With the game on TV, could be extra penalties and refs motivated to get it to at least 6.

Florida +114 (1.5/1.71) - Not sure where they got this line; realize Ottawa has won 9 of 10 against the Panthers, but the Panthers were impressive in their Sunrise debut and are at least as good as Ottawa. Can't see how they are getting anything at home.

Nashville +155 (1/1.55) - Price too high in the second meeting of the year between these intra-division powers. I expect this one to go to the wire as well and a tie at the end of regulation would not surprise me (note to all, as we get into late February and early March I will be betting an inordinate number of draws provided the price is right on the payouts). At this number, the dog is the only way to go in a home reversal.

A lean to Kings but passing; wanted a better price.

Phoenix +166 (1/1.66) - Smith out but not sure that's a bad thing considering how putrid he's looked in stretches here early on. Sharks playing their home opener; for some reason that has been a great fade here at the start, with visitors going 17-11 in all home openers (SJ and Anaheim are the last two who have not played at home).

GL fellas; here's to a good short season for everyone!

:shake:

On the Preds as well Rex...no clue where they came up with that price. Was it not -105 both ways in Nashville last week? Major overadjustment.

linde - one of my buddies down here is a Canadian guy who used to go out every night and watch the games. He's semi-sharp but books sharp so when he faces opposition, he tries to get out most of the time. Nevertheless, I value his opinion because he grew up outside of Toronto and loves hockey. He got the Center Ice package or whatever where he can get every game streamed online to his TV so now he never goes out. I was there Monday night watching all the late games with him and it was pretty fun to follow it, even if for only a night. I don't get to watch much but I do see all the box scores and am linked in good to most of the beat writers, CBC, twitter feeds et al from up there, so I believe the money can be made there. Some interesting shit about the hockey lines that you might know, but maybe not - we'll have to link up the next time I head out that way in a few months and chat about it over drinks...

linde - one of my buddies down here is a Canadian guy who used to go out every night and watch the games. He's semi-sharp but books sharp so when he faces opposition, he tries to get out most of the time. Nevertheless, I value his opinion because he grew up outside of Toronto and loves hockey. He got the Center Ice package or whatever where he can get every game streamed online to his TV so now he never goes out. I was there Monday night watching all the late games with him and it was pretty fun to follow it, even if for only a night. I don't get to watch much but I do see all the box scores and am linked in good to most of the beat writers, CBC, twitter feeds et al from up there, so I believe the money can be made there. Some interesting shit about the hockey lines that you might know, but maybe not - we'll have to link up the next time I head out that way in a few months and chat about it over drinks...

Yeah I'd love to hear about it...been working on a pucks model so every little bit helps. Just lemme know when you're coming out

0-5 and -7.74. Rousing start to the season.

I liked Jersey small (Wash 3rd in 4th nights and are a mess - thanks doggy) but missed the price.

I liked Minnesota small to medium but missed that price.

So I stick with one play. Buffalo threw in a turd last night, as they might be wont to do when Miller gets the bye. They have not impressed me much to this point, but Miller can mask a lot of deficiencies, and Carolina going up there on a back to back with a hard-fought win last night in pocket. So, one play.

Buffalo -143 (2.86/2).

GL fellas...

Back